Big milestones reached

Options
smuller73
smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
Today I have reached a weight goal that I set for myself over and over again for the past 8 or so years, since I had my first daughter. It was a compromise weight goal as I was convinced I would never get to my real weight goal which is about 5-7kgs lighter. I never quite made it even to the first goal all the times I tried before. Usually after months and months of low fat or very low calorie diets I gave up at least 5-10kgs from that compromised goal and over time put all the weight back on again. I have been doing low carb since January and have reached that weight target in less than 7 months. This WOE has been the best thing I ever chose to do for myself and I am certain it is going to be my WOE for life as all the things I love like bacon, cheese, nuts, butter, cream and red meat, are not off limits. I don't miss bread or pasta, I have found yummy low carb alternatives to many other high carb foods and am feeling healthier than ever. I still have a few more kgs to go before I hit my final goal weight but for the first time in many years I totally believe I can do it. It helped having an amazing husband who supports me all the way and tries to take my WOE into consideration when ordering take out or going for meals or even when buying treats from the store. So today I am 200 days logged into MFP and 20kgs lighter. :) Thank you to everyone who posts on the Low Carb forum. I have been a bit of a lurker and don't take part in that many discussions but all your help and inspiration has kept me motivated and on track. :* Here's to the last 5-7kgs.

Replies

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your post is very inspiring. The 5-7 kgs will be gone in no time
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Way go to!
  • luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! You are an inspiration!!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Super
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    So close to fifty pounds off I can taste it! Slow going... But it's a marathon. I'll get there.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats @smuller73, and thank you for sharing your story! Wishing you all the best. :-)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @jessicatroberts, that's awesome! Way to go!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Such a great post!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your terrific loss and your dedication. There is nothing like people with the same goals to cheer you up, encourage and celebrate with you!!! Well done!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Well Done
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Awesome winners in this thread!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay friend! Awesome progress!
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    53 lbs off. Got below 200 a couple of weeks ago! BIG goal met - getting to 50 lbs off and below 200 pounds at the same time! Sweet success! And congrats on your sweet success!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @smuller73, @jessicatroberts, @johnsongs1 yours are all terrific and inspiring stories. From my own experience I know you are all feeling so much better in multiple dimensions and no doubt carry around big smiles when you consider the progress you've made. It's such a big and important change for all of us.

I'm down 76 pounds since last September and have recently dropped under 180 pounds which is the weight I used to lie that I was on my drivers license for many, many, years before continuing the lie and bumping it up to 190. No more lies, no need nor desire!

More importantly I feel very good and have achieved a high level of fitness, long before I hit my ultimate goal. That's one of the often overlooked things about improving our health overall... we don't need to wait to get to the end before we enjoy huge health and fitness benefits.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just awesome! I love when people share stories like this - so motivating!
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I couldn't be happier for you!!!!!!. What a great feeling that must be of trying so many times to now have found the solution AND have nearly reached your goal which seemed unobtainable. Wow just WOW!!!!!!
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you. And encouraged for me. WTG!!!