July 23, Day of REST

KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey gang,

Enjoy your days of rest! I'm going to take some time today to come up with my seven day bootcamp plan.

I have to admit that dating and counting the days of July have really "extended" summer for me. Here in Maine, summer is really short--July and the first half of August are about the only days we can count on for warm weather--and the time goes by SO quickly. This year, I feel like July has been extended because, I believe, I've tried to make the most of every day by being engaged in a challenge. I can't believe we still have 8 days of July left. Usually I lose at least two weeks to just inertia.

Today I also need to look for a new smart phone, ugh. I'm hoping I can find a cheap used one on ebay or elsewhere, just something to get me to December when we'll both be eligible for new phones with a new contract. When we got these phones about 19 months ago, I remember distinctly telling Jim that I didn't understand why we had to upgrade to these "complicated things" when all I needed a phone for was to actually make calls. Yeah, right. Now I feel lost without mine. It's my alarm clock, calendar, note pad, video camera, kindle, MFP, etc. etc. Keep fingers crossed that I can find one.

So what are the rest of you up to today? What are your plans for the next challenge?

xxoo
K.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Pawn shops are another place to find inexpensive smart phones...

I'm feeling a bit off these past few days and trying to isolate it. I've had mid-morning naseau now three days in a row, with no discernible cause/trigger. It's just weirding me out a bit. So I'm going to change things up tomorrow to see if I can figure it out. It's making me crazy because I normally don't have to deal with this - haven't in MONTHS....
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Dammit i lost everything I typed.

Well my kids went to my dads today so Im a little lost. Im not very goood without them Im always a little stymied as to how to spend my time. So I tried playing the PS4 and got bored after one level. So I started painting. Its been ages. I ended up throwing it away as its rubbish but I did enjoy the process as I paint not only with brushes but with my hands, kitchen knives, sponges etc so its a real time to just get right into it.

qj77uymjfols.jpg

Now to kill the next couple of days :S tomorrow will be probably be spent mooching around town and doing housework and im going to 2 gym classes and saturday I will probably go work out and do some more housework but I might take my camera out somewhere like Avebury stones or maybe even Stonehenge and go get in some mindfulness whilst taking pix.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Dammit i lost everything I typed.

Well my kids went to my dads today so Im a little lost. Im not very goood without them Im always a little stymied as to how to spend my time. So I tried playing the PS4 and got bored after one level. So I started painting. Its been ages. I ended up throwing it away as its rubbish but I did enjoy the process as I paint not only with brushes but with my hands, kitchen knives, sponges etc so its a real time to just get right into it.

qj77uymjfols.jpg

Now to kill the next couple of days :S tomorrow will be probably be spent mooching around town and doing housework and im going to 2 gym classes and saturday I will probably go work out and do some more housework but I might take my camera out somewhere like Avebury stones or maybe even Stonehenge and go get in some mindfulness whilst taking pix.

Love the focus on mindfulness, Lise. I've been feeling my artistic pull something fierce of late, too...
  • KarenZen
    edited July 2015
    OH! Love the painting!

Lise, I'm with you... when it comes to art, I love to get my hands involved too. I usually paint with my fingers in the paint too. Or, even better, I love to throw pots/play with clay. Lately, I've been doing paper mache, which lets me get my hands dirty in the glue and paper, then play with paint to finish it off.

Ha--I was just going to get up and take some photos to post, forgetting that my phone/camera is dead!

K.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited July 2015
    I know we've talked about mindfulness off on on, but how would y'all feel about incorporating a free program into our challenge? I've wanted to do this but not found a way to work it in. With some structure, it might be possible. Check it out and let me know what y'all think.

http://www.fitwoman.com/blog/2015/07/16/mindfulness-for-women-who-struggle-with-weight/

Didn't think about that this is geared toward women, but checking out the blogs might find takeaways for men, too?
  • KarenZen
    Well mother nature just delivered a nice thunderstorm and delayed my swim. I think I'll try again in half an hour. Usually the lake is beautifully calm and flat after a good storm rolls through.

Carly, I hope you're feeling better.

Cari, loved seeing all your enthusiasm after your great trip!

Nancy, how are you doing? Sending cyber hugs to you for your loss. Please tell us about your beloved cat!

I'm not even going to say "hi" to Zac because I think he's off at a rodeo!
    K.

• KnitOrMiss
    My queasy stuff has literally been 10 am - 1 pm. Trying to find the trigger. So currently, I'm golden, thanks. Hope you can get that swim in!
  • KarenZen
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I know we've talked about mindfulness off on on, but how would y'all feel about incorporating a free program into our challenge? I've wanted to do this but not found a way to work it in. With some structure, it might be possible. Check it out and let me know what y'all think.

http://www.fitwoman.com/blog/2015/07/16/mindfulness-for-women-who-struggle-with-weight/

Didn't think about that this is geared toward women, but checking out the blogs might find takeaways for men, too?

So glad you posted this here. I saw it on your wall and signed up. Sounds wonderful, and mindfulness is something I've been wanting to work on.

K.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Lise had got me thinking on it, but with being overwhelmed 90% of the time, I hadn't figured out how to implement it. This will give me that chance! Figure if I learn anything, it's a win.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    I have actually attended Green Mountain at Fox Run on three occasions. What a fantastic weight loss retreat!! I truly loved the area and the community! I signed up for the series. i have actually listened to their webinars too.

Hey all, I am feeling better. She has been buried and at least she waited for me to say goodbye, as I was in the hospital for 8 nights. OK, moving on!! Will start tomorrow's post on a more upbeat, positive note.

Carly, did you switch or add a new medication that is possibly triggering your nausea? Also, any ear problems? That can cause it too...pressure in the ear?

luv.n
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited July 2015
    No, haven't changed anything... The only thing I'd isolated is that I added one type of tea into my mix since Tuesday, so going to leave that out today and see if that was it...

And I've always had ear problems, as I have outrageous allergies, but no balance issues or aches or anything weird... Just isolated queasiness...
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    OK...I could use some good stress/anxiety coping mechanisms. Not sure what all this mindfulness is about, but signed up to learn. Anything that can aide, is awesome. Bring on mindfulness. LOL.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Nancy, nope, queasy bit, right on schedule. I don't do my loaded tea on the weekends, so we will see if it's related to that. If not, I have one other thing to try on Sunday...and if still not, then next week, going to attempt to drop the tea and try something else altogether, because this isn't cool. It really stinks. Luckily, it's fairly short term, around 3 hours, so not like all day or 24/7/365.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Mindfulness is amazing Cari it makes me really chill out
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Feel better soon Carly.
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    What's a day of rest? I've got OCd and can't not hit my goal on my garmin
  • KnitOrMiss
    I personally call rest days "Mental Health Days" i.e. getting all our ducks in a row for the next productive week!