Another newbie

Options
creepykbear
creepykbear Posts: 69 Member
Hi everyone, I'm Krista. I've been on a weightloss journey on and off my whole life it seems. I was at one point down to around 250, which is the lowest adult weight I remember (taking phentramine) but then of course it all snuck back on, and then some. I started again at 420.
I've decided to undertake the process of having weight loss surgery - which part of me still thinks is cheating. But while I know I can lose 80-100 lbs, I also know that when I'm not on it every single day it creeps back up. I think the surgery will be enough of a kick in the pants to lose and keep it lost, though I know I'll still have to watch what I'm eating for the rest of my life.
So far I'm in month 2 of my 6 month prep for surgery. I lost 40 lbs in the first 6 weeks, doing a plan from my dr called "lean and green" basically low carb with lean meats and veggies, no fruit, no grains, no sweets, no dairy. 2=3 meals and 2-3 protein shakes a day. Since that initial loss my weight isn't moving nearly as fast, but I know I have to be patient.
Today I was feeling a little discouraged, but pulled a pair of pants out I hadn't been able to wear in a while (still a size 30, but I had just been wearing stretchy "mom" jeans). I was able to get them on and button them without even sucking in!!!! Still tight, but I did it!
Anyway - if any of you would like to be friends for support, feel free to add me. I know this stuff is always hard to talk about with people who aren't in the struggle too - so it helps to have people who are going through some of the same things.

Replies

• leesamahree
    leesamahree Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would never think that WLS is cheating... But you are doing super so far! You've lost so much! Does your Dr have you on a calorie deficit?

Welcome to this group!
    I know it's a long journey so having a place where we can talk, share and struggle together is super important!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, i hear surgery is hard work, i wouldnt call that cheating at all!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I follow a low carb lifestyle, too, and started at 400+. Surgery is scary, not easy! It sounds like you're doing great. Congrats on the pants - that's an amazing feeling!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your losses so far, and may you have many more.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great progress so far!
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Creepy lol. Hope your journey is treating you well so far =)