New to mfp

Options
MamaJubleez
MamaJubleez Posts: 11 Member
i am trying to post in the over 50 group. Having a hard time figuring this out. I dont know where my comment is going.

Replies

• MamaJubleez
    Options
    Ok, so it posted in the right group.
    I have started my journey today! My daughter inspired me with her recent success in Medifast, but i cant afford the special food. Hoping to gain some good support from this group! Is is not a journey to take alone!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    You nailed it! Good job and welcome to the group.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The good news is you don't need to buy special food. You can do this by eating all the foods you enjoy (just less of them). Don't be shy about asking for help or support. You found a great bunch of people here.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
    Welcome! The good news is you don't need to buy special food. You can do this by eating all the foods you enjoy (just less of them). Don't be shy about asking for help or support. You found a great bunch of people here.

Yep, this is what so many find so hard to comprehend. There are no devil foods and no good foods. The goal is to simply eat less food. MFP provides a great tool for doing just that.
  • MamaJubleez
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I look forward to learning more about this app and getting to know some of you through the discussions. I have to do this. Too much of my life has been wasted from illness and weight.
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing about this form of logging is that it creates a mentality of what you can have instead of what you can't have. If I have 300 calories left for the day, I know I can have some yogurt and a cookie, or a serving of ice cream, or some low fat chips and turkey and cheese rolled in lettuce...and if I want to have pizza or steak, I can save calories from other meals to allow me to do that. Mentally, it just seems to make it a more positive experience. It also makes it easier to avoid the mindless calories because, as long as you are logging everything that goes in your mouth, you have to think about what you are eating. I got a good digital kitchen scale with a taring function, and a Fitbit Zip to help me be more aware of serving sizes and activity levels, and both of those were well worth the $50 investment. I was amazed at how small and painless the changes actually had to be to start seeing results.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    >>. I was amazed at how small and painless the changes actually had to be to start seeing results.<<

So true!! This is a great message for newbies and a great reminder for the rest of us.