NSVs

Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
These non-scale victories are almost as important as the scale victories. In some cases they can be even more important.

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Now that I have this stupid brace I am stuck wearing shorts because it is so bulky pants don't go over it and it doesn't work to put pants under it.......... But I grabbed a pair of capris that I have shrunk out of. They fit perfectly over the brace!!!!!!!!! But I have to wear a belt with the pants. The last time I wore this belt it was on the last hole. I am now on the fourth hole in!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Now that I have this stupid brace I am stuck wearing shorts because it is so bulky pants don't go over it and it doesn't work to put pants under it.......... But I grabbed a pair of capris that I have shrunk out of. They fit perfectly over the brace!!!!!!!!! But I have to wear a belt with the pants. The last time I wore this belt it was on the last hole. I am now on the fourth hole in!!!!!!!!

Esther

That's awesome!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) The numbers on the scale weren't as important at first as the fact that my undies were getting looser....I could feel that victory in the morning and throughout the day even though no one else knew I was succeeding.

:) the next big NSV was the day I tried on clothes at the store and didn't cry

:)Esther, congrats to you
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Once a year my gym hold a "Try a Trainer" thing; last year it was free if you were doing their challenge. This year it was ten bucks. I always go, cause hey! An hour with a personal trainer for ten bucks! I got the same trainer as last year, and she still has the workouts we did last year. The difference in what I could do then and what I can do now floored me. I remember it being so hard last year; I almost passed out and I had to do sitting stretches at the end I was so dizzy. I flew through it this year; I kept adding more and more weights because it felt too easy!! There were things I haven't done since last year, things I remember not being able to do or barely getting through them. Things like full planks and wall sits and two-at-a-time stairwells. No problems! None at all!! Didn't even loose my breath!!! When we were done, she said she had to do up a new workout for me because this one obviously wasn't enough! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Angelfire
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You are blowing my mind Angelfire.

Planks? Wall sits? What is a two at a time stairwell? Is that what it sounds like; going up stairs two at a time instead of one at a time? Jiminy! I consider it a miracle when I go upstairs to bed some days, using the railing! My hip and knees and joints just hurt so much!

Hoo-boy. You are encouraging/inspiring me though. I know what you weigh and I read what you're doing so, I'm going to have to get even more determined/focused. Seriously. I want to be able to say I can do things like that and next year, like you, I want to say doing them is easy. CONGRATULATIONS.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well my big NSV is the jeans in my profile pic....my OLD jeans :) Motivation alone to lose the rest of the weight and keep it off! A few of my assorted other items (2 sundresses and a pair of capris) also fit again, abeit a bit snug. The only thing better than new clothes are my old clothes I kept for the day the weight went away!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    My NSV.........back in April I bought a Tommy Copper knee brace. I bought the largest one I could get but it didn't fit. I couldn't get it up past he top of my calf. I was going to return it but my turkey butt dog chewed up the box. So I stuffed it into a dresser drawer in hopes that. One day it would fit............well one day has finally come. It fit up to the lower thigh!!!!!!! Now I can put it on the right leg and the huge brace on the left leg. My right knee has been bothering me more and more lately. I'm hoping the tommy copper will help give me some relief. It's worth a shot.

Esther
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    This may be TMI, but.. . I found a bra from last year. Put it on over my current bra and a tee-shirt. How the hell did I ever fill this thing?? Had a huge laugh.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I think that's great. you are doing awesome!!!!!!
  • Eninad
    Options
    My NSV is in the exercise category. I dislike exercise, truly. I keep hoping to love it, but it just isn't growing on me yet. Maybe eventually. I know I gotta do it, so I bought a recumbent bike for inside because I also know I'm unwilling to walk outside in AZ in July. Still, I wasn't using it as often as I should so I gave myself a one week bike challenge of 30 minutes a day or more if I could.
    Here is how I did:

Monday 7/13 7.6 miles
    Tuesday 7/14 8.10 miles
    Wednesday 7/15 13.5 miles
    Thursday 7/16 15.6 miles
    Friday 7/17 11.5 miles
    Saturday 7/18 15.9 miles
    Sunday 7/19 7.6. miles
    Monday 7/20 20.10 miles

Total miles 99.9.

I'm pretty dang proud of this.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    @Eninad I would be proud of myself if I did that too.... What the heck I'm proud of you for doing that much. Way to go!!!!!

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    @Eninad . my recumbent bike is in the middle of my living room facing the TV so I treat myself to TV while I ride..congrats to you for all the riding you did.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    @Eninad -> You're Awesome!!!
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    K-Days update: Yes. I ate all the things. There were some new food trucks this year; French Fries done in Duck Fat with herbs grown ten blocks away from the fair grounds with a garlic aoli dip, and the ice cream nachos were the most notable. And while it wasn't bad, I don't think I'll ever do the deep fried snickers bar again.

But.

I'm not sure if I've posted this on the 20lbs by the 4th of July challenge or not, but one of the three biggest reasons I had for starting this journey was K-Days. Specifically, the rides. I LOVE rides. I actually take a day off of work every year to go to K-Days with my brother because both of us will do rides until they kick us out. We love them. The last couple of years were getting to be a little harrowing; there was always the possibility that I would be asked to leave a ride due to my size. You know the signs, "ride may not accommodate larger people". Last two years, the restraints on one of my favorite rides, the FireBall, almost wouldn't fit around me. The ride operators had to literally shove/body check them into place, and I couldn't breath for the majority of the ride. I wasn't getting off come hell or high water, mind you. But it was a real eye-opener. I was getting to the point where I would have to stand and watch instead of getting on and screaming my fool head off. And our days were getting shorter and shorter because I wasn't able to keep walking all day.

I feel like I've been hit by a truck today. I rode ALL THE RIDES!!! The FireBall several times. The ride operator didn't even look at my restraints; they snapped nicely into place with enough room for me to a)breath and b)scream my fool head off. And we hit the Adrenaline Zone; a corner of the fairgrounds they set up with ziplines and obstacle courses. Totally did them. We walked from open to close. Literally, they were wrapping up the games and the rides had shut down by the time we were heading for the parking lot. My whole body is achy, my throat hurts, I've got a mild case of laryngitis, I'm exhausted, and I've never been happier. I seriously can't stop grinning this morning. I beamed my way through changing a flat tire on my truck and I'm still in a good mood. This has been one of the most epic K-days I've had in a long time. And I can't wait for next year!!

TL;DR - I went; I ate, I rode, I fit. B)
  • mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    K-Days update: Yes. I ate all the things. There were some new food trucks this year; French Fries done in Duck Fat with herbs grown ten blocks away from the fair grounds with a garlic aoli dip, and the ice cream nachos were the most notable. And while it wasn't bad, I don't think I'll ever do the deep fried snickers bar again.

But.

I'm not sure if I've posted this on the 20lbs by the 4th of July challenge or not, but one of the three biggest reasons I had for starting this journey was K-Days. Specifically, the rides. I LOVE rides. I actually take a day off of work every year to go to K-Days with my brother because both of us will do rides until they kick us out. We love them. The last couple of years were getting to be a little harrowing; there was always the possibility that I would be asked to leave a ride due to my size. You know the signs, "ride may not accommodate larger people". Last two years, the restraints on one of my favorite rides, the FireBall, almost wouldn't fit around me. The ride operators had to literally shove/body check them into place, and I couldn't breath for the majority of the ride. I wasn't getting off come hell or high water, mind you. But it was a real eye-opener. I was getting to the point where I would have to stand and watch instead of getting on and screaming my fool head off. And our days were getting shorter and shorter because I wasn't able to keep walking all day.

I feel like I've been hit by a truck today. I rode ALL THE RIDES!!! The FireBall several times. The ride operator didn't even look at my restraints; they snapped nicely into place with enough room for me to a)breath and b)scream my fool head off. And we hit the Adrenaline Zone; a corner of the fairgrounds they set up with ziplines and obstacle courses. Totally did them. We walked from open to close. Literally, they were wrapping up the games and the rides had shut down by the time we were heading for the parking lot. My whole body is achy, my throat hurts, I've got a mild case of laryngitis, I'm exhausted, and I've never been happier. I seriously can't stop grinning this morning. I beamed my way through changing a flat tire on my truck and I'm still in a good mood. This has been one of the most epic K-days I've had in a long time. And I can't wait for next year!!

TL;DR - I went; I ate, I rode, I fit. B)

That is so amazing!!! I'm so proud of you and I bet that feels amazing! Way to go!! =)

• Eninad
    Options
    Angelfire on the Fireball!! This is such an awesome write up of your day!

Congratulations on such fun! Someday I will join you in an amusement park reward!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Angelfire, I have tears of joy for you as I read this <3. What an awesome day!!!! I have been so proud of you watching those lost pounds add up!! What a fantastic NSV :) Tami
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    This thread has been quiet for a while. I think I will make some noise on it now. So I was out shopping today looking for a few things. I stopped at JCPennys and was lifting through the clearance rack. I found a cute pair of shorts in a size 16. Keep in mind I was wearing a 22/24 in March. I thought I would just try them on. Probably wouldn't fit but let's see how close I am........ THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esther
    I'm not happy at all am I? ;)
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    This thread has been quiet for a while. I think I will make some noise on it now. So I was out shopping today looking for a few things. I stopped at JCPennys and was lifting through the clearance rack. I found a cute pair of shorts in a size 16. Keep in mind I was wearing a 22/24 in March. I thought I would just try them on. Probably wouldn't fit but let's see how close I am........ THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esther

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Awesome!! Was there a change-room happy dance worthy of Richard Simmons?
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options

Esther

Awesome!!!!!!