Weekly Chat July 19-25

SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
Here's to another great week!!!!!!

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    I hope to have one. Esther.
    We went out to eat for our anniversary. Did fantastic Had my veggie plate with a plain Jane bakepotatoand used my black beans as a topping , cold slaw ( I know it had sugar in it) bad me. Green beans and a salad pass up the rolls with glaze Suharto Glaze suga and the croutons in my salad now back to my regular meals.. Will be around tomorrow
    Let's keep doing our best most of the time
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) Marie, I listened to an audio book recently called "The Year of No Sugar" and heard how difficult it is to eat in a restaurant and not have sugar.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    I am back from Yoga Retreat, although we ate all vegetarian I must say I did not miss the meat.

I only lost a pound but that is okay I will keep at it and make some small changes again.

• CALIECAT
    I got me a baked sweet potato baking for dinner. don't know what I am doing for a tapping. Hope it is moist enough It won't need anything besides cinnamon a a pkg of stevia.

Yes I have been snoozing in my chair along with both cats. They like to sleep on my chest. Jerry has took charge of them for me. Keeping the litter box clean with the two of them They keep it pretty busy
    Shirley just read about Issy. how horrible. I never heard of a cat turning like that. Your daughter must be beside herself. poor issy too. no telling what will Happen to her next . Getting back to m injuries my knee feel better today but my calves is still quite painful However It does not hurt to walk on my legs. My right leg is just fineother than the usual pains I already have.

Me and my kittens are doing just fine. they sleep ,play eat and do their business Jerry is quite fond of them.

See you guys later

Marie

• CALIECAT
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Marie, I listened to an audio book recently called "The Year of No Sugar" and heard how difficult it is to eat in a restaurant and not have sugar.

I am finding that but I will still eat out and do the best I can.

Marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »

I am finding that but I will still eat out and do the best I can.

Marie

:) Marie, when we went to lunch on Sunday at the lavender festival, our friends wanted to go to the place that had pulled pork sandwiches...what they had at the farm we went to was a booth set up by a local restaurant and the choices were sandwiches (pulled pork or bbq beef) with sides of baked beans, cole slaw, and potato salad.....there was really nothing that I would eat (I never eat beef, pork,or white bread) so I compromised and had cole slaw and potato salad. You're right that sometimes you just have to do the best you can. I recommended the book because I thought you might enjoy hearing the adventures of a family trying to do without sugar and the challenges they had.
  • eukleja
    eukleja Posts: 29 Member
    Yesterday was one of those days where I was frustrated with my lack of weight loss and wanting to throw the towel in. Saw a video that reminded me that it would be stupid to give up, and strapped on my shoes and headed to the gym. Today I'm back down to 205 (again) but it's nice to not be at 207. Going to head to the gym again tonight and hopefully I'll finally see 204 tomorrow! I hope everyone else is having a great week with some breakthroughs as well!
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    @eukleja So frustrating to bounce back and forth. The body is figuring out if you're going to keep going or not, it's not sure what your plans are. Once it feels safe with where you brought it, then it will drop again. I totally understand the aggravation of eating right, moving right and the body seems to gain and lose the same margin. When I quit trying I always ultimately regret it.

So proud of you for strapping those shoes on and going to the dang gym anyway. No one can go for you.

You'll get your losses, keep on with the process!
  • eukleja
    Thanks @Eninad! Have you broken 200 yet? I've been rooting for you!
  • Eninad
    I saw 198 on Sunday, but official weigh in day was still 200.stupidounces. It's going to have to come by next Tuesday. I've waited long enough. My body needs to let go of the set point already.
  • eukleja
    Yay! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the scale cooperates! Mine finally started moving again and I hit 204.6 this morning! Happy dance!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Hopefully there'll be at least three of us making onederland by the end of the challenge!! @eukleja @eninad, you two are soooo freaking close!!!
  • Eninad
    Dr. appointment went great! While the scale there weighed me at 205, I am on bloat week and was full of lunch food. He was ecstatic with my progress and gave me tons of guidance for the next stage (this challenge time frame).

I am very nervous but excited about the next portion which involves body weight circuit training for my core and triceps and interval biking. He wants to see me in November before I go on vacation and before end of challenge to see how I'm dealing with the new stage. He also said my blood pressure is down a bit and he was just so proud of my losses. He cautioned me about how weight loss scales in an exponential way as we get smaller and how the scale will read higher when my muscles are repairing and not to freak out on those facts.

He's a nice guy.

PS. When I got home I weighed in at 201.6 with, ahem, less clothes, so I'm happy even though I wanted HIS scale to be less than 200. It will be in November!
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Eninad wrote: »
    Dr. appointment went great! While the scale there weighed me at 205, I am on bloat week and was full of lunch food. He was ecstatic with my progress and gave me tons of guidance for the next stage (this challenge time frame).

I am very nervous but excited about the next portion which involves body weight circuit training for my core and triceps and interval biking. He wants to see me in November before I go on vacation and before end of challenge to see how I'm dealing with the new stage. He also said my blood pressure is down a bit and he was just so proud of my losses. He cautioned me about how weight loss scales in an exponential way as we get smaller and how the scale will read higher when my muscles are repairing and not to freak out on those facts.

He's a nice guy.

PS. When I got home I weighed in at 201.6 with, ahem, less clothes, so I'm happy even though I wanted HIS scale to be less than 200. It will be in November!

That's great !! Keep up the great work!!
    Evelyn
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    That's fantastic @Eninad !!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    I hope everyone is doing well and working hard this week to see that evil scale go down. >:)

I did Yoga this morning at the studio and now a relaxing weekend at our boat. We will be bringing the bikes to ride the
    trails.

I just heard a Celtic Festival is going on too so maybe we will check that out too.

• danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    @eninad you are doing great

I'm holding steady but effort hasn't been great. These past 2 weeks my kids have been in daily swimming smack in the middle of when my gym has childcare so I haven't gone other than last weekend. I'm excited to get back to it. I also have my daughters birthday this weekend so hopefully making the cake won't cause too much damage.
  • CALIECAT
    Looks like everyone is rolling along fantastic. Me I am not doing so hot. My congestive heart failure has reallykick in on me. Feet swollen real bad . My legs are all black and blue from my fall last week. really hate to be such a downer. I am still sticking with the vegan diet, gluten free plan and leaving off all sugar. Sooner or later things will get to rolling along, I keep telling myself. Have a wonderful weekend never give up the figh
    <3 Marie
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Hope you are feeling better soon Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Marie-Sorry to hear your feeling bad, take it easy, I hope you feel better tommorrow. Janice
This discussion has been closed.