Calorie burns

Options
debsdoingthis
debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
Started a part time job as a pet food demonstrator. 4 hour shifts - 15 minute break. (I now work M-F in an office and 2 shifts demo on the weekends) So I had to create a new exercise as MFP didn't have one for slow walking under 2mph. Went to 2 online calculators and input time of 200 minutes and my weight. Came up with 783 & 785 cals burned. I'm thinking that's still too high. I took 1/2 that and I come up with 390. Sound more fair as I do walk the aisles until I find someone to chat with about the products, then stand for a bit and put food into their carts as needed then stroll again. Does that seem a reasonable amount? I've seen some really crazy burn amounts by some MFPers lately and I really don't want to over estimate.

Replies

• heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to "eat back" your exercise calories or do you want to just record them to show that you are moving and losing.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOL good question. I record to show Ive moved and burned but I'm really not trying to eat them back. just nice to know I have a cushion on those days if I am hungrier.
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Input what you feel is reasonable based on the above calculations weight/distance as a cushion for those days when the "gremlins" are lurking. Good luck !
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    It is hard to know about calories burns. We all have variances in our metabolism. Most calculators are way off for me, even walk apps, etc seem to have ridiculous numbers. I feel you are fairly safe with half. When I run on a treadmill, my hrm (also subject to error) reports half of what the machine and calculators report. Don't discount eating some of those calories, the body needs the fuel. Just what worked for me.