Things you say when you lead a Keto lifestyle...

Options
flatlandrunner
flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
Just wanted to spread some sunshine and thought "Hey- what are the funny things people say when they're eating keto?"

I'll start:

(at home) "We need to go and get more heavy cream and bacon!!! There's only 1 carton of cream and we're down to 3 packs of bacon- let's move!!!"

and go :)

Replies

• 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    hahaha, so true. We're very new to it (2 weeks) so we still give each other strange looks as we read recipes. How about "could you please get the butter out of the fridge, I'm about to make our coffee".
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one in my family who eat low carb, when they want something I don't eat, all I can tell them is Make your own Carbage!
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    husband: how many dozens of eggs do we need this week
    me: 6
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't eat that salad - I'm trying to lose weight. Pass the bacon.
  • susiean437
    susiean437 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In my house my boyfriend tells me to please cook some carbs cause he's getting fat with all my greasy cooking. Funny. I'm losing weight. Lol
  • PasPlus
    PasPlus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Are you going to eat that butter or can I have it?
    Yes, I drank the cream! and your problem is?
    What do you mean you washed the fry pan because it had bacon grease in it? What were you thinking?
    How can you eat all that salad with no dressing and expect to stay thin?
    Fat is friend and food.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    At a restaurant if someone comments about how fat is bad for you ~ to me... I get the "wait" person to bring me a melted butter serving (one of those 1/4 cup things) and I get the attention of the person commenting on the fat I am eating/enjoying and I pour the butter all over all my veggies, steak, etc and then eat every drop of it.... that makes their jaw drop!! I LOL!

Or, if WE are eating a steak, and I see them take a knife and trim the fat off THEIR steak, I politely ask them if I can have the fat...I throw it in my mouth and savor every gram of it, steak fat is like candy to me...I have done it so many times with my buddies, they give it to me without me asking.... :)

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
    95 pounds down, 29 to go.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    At a restaurant if someone comments about how fat is bad for you ~ to me... I get the "wait" person to bring me a melted butter serving (one of those 1/4 cup things) and I get the attention of the person commenting on the fat I am eating/enjoying and I pour the butter all over all my veggies, steak, etc and then eat every drop of it.... that makes their jaw drop!! I LOL!

Or, if WE are eating a steak, and I see them take a knife and trim the fat off THEIR steak, I politely ask them if I can have the fat...I throw it in my mouth and savor every gram of it, steak fat is like candy to me...I have done it so many times with my buddies, they give it to me without me asking.... :)

Keto / IF / Sedentary

I would so PAY to see either one of these play out live!! So many funny things posted here.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

Keto / IF / Sedentary

I would so PAY to see either one of these play out live!! So many funny things posted here.

I once drank a whole stick of melted butter in front of a friend of mine who believes fat will kill you. I didn't do it for shock value, I actually waited until she looked away but got caught because she turned back around right as I finished it. I only wish I had a video of her reaction to show you. LOL
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to tonight - we have company coming over who we haven't seen in a month and a half (we were 2 weeks in, it wasnt super noticeable at the time). When we texted to ask if there were any dietary concerns (they're often eating carefully) hubby mentioned that most of the food we eat is loaded with fat but we could do something different if they were concerned. The response was "loaded with fat?!?!?! I thought you were dieting?". Hubby responded "yup, we are! Wait til you see me!". He's down 50 lbs in 2 months, should be hilarious.
  • emiand2009
    emiand2009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds in a week and a half on the ketogenic diet. When people ask me how I'm loosing weight I say I don't eat carbs and they are like oh I can't live on just salad. Makes me laugh.... No honey I eat lots of cheese and butter and steak.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    ladipoet wrote: »

Keto / IF / Sedentary

I once drank a whole stick of melted butter in front of a friend of mine who believes fat will kill you. I didn't do it for shock value, I actually waited until she looked away but got caught because she turned back around right as I finished it. I only wish I had a video of her reaction to show you. LOL

OMG!!!! I love it!
  • simbartes
    simbartes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    To a friend eating fried potatoes.
    "Enjoy your lump of sugar honey!"

She's a good friend, knows of my weight troubles and just laughed.
    But honestly potato equals sugar to me
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My SO often asks in the morning, are you having fat coffee (aka BPC) or do you want me to pour you a cup?
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    You know you're keto when you can say "pumpkin spice bulletproof herbal tisane" with a straight face
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    You know you're keto when the thought of eating over 20 grams of carbs in one day feels like overeating!
  • rungrrl
    rungrrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    love these!! The looks I get when I make a pizza and it is cheese and meat only and when they ask and I even mention only having 20 grams of carbs a day.......the looks I get
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just like Dittodan said!

"Are you going to eat that? If not, pass it here!" Pointing to the steak fat some fool has fastidiously cut off their meat and shoved to the side of their plate. My mom and my kid know to save it for me now.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My BF: "What are you making for dinner?"
    Me: "Beef roast, cauli-rice and cheesecake"
    My BF: "Oh, yum! Diet food!"