UTI / Kidney Stones after surgery

Options
RENAEJAE
RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
I've been dealing with a mild UTI for over a week and today I felt worse so I had it checked. I have an infection and they tell me they think I have kidney stones. So upset about this since I'd been feeling so great. Now I need to see a urologist. Ggggrrrrrr.

Anyone else deal with this after surgery? I drink water all day long and don't eat much animal protein. Any home remedies to eliminate this issue without a dr? I dread going to see another doctor.

On a positive note I saw my sleep study doctor and she has ordered another study so I can discontinue the CPAP soon!!

Replies

• Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    cranberry juice or cranberry pills if you can't take in the juice. Good luck.
  • sunshine5474
    sunshine5474 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. Had kidney stone surgery and two visits for kidney stone blasting. No more infections though. Unfortunate but you will still need to see the urologist. I left mine too long and the stone got stuck in the tube between the kidney and bladder... Not good!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Thanks for the advise. I'll see a urologist once the call me. Hoping they rule out kidney stones all together! I haven't had any major pain other than the UTI symptoms so fingers crossed!
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My husband had to have some stones removed about 6 months after his VSG. The dr seemed to think it could be related to hydration. He's 18 months out now and doesn't have any more issues (and can drink more liquid at once as well).
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hate that you are going through that. Hope you get sorted out soon!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better. Congrats on getting rid of the CPAP soon!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Thanks for the support. At least I'm feeling a bit better with the antibiotics. Just waiting to hear from a urologist now.