Motivation, support and accountability thread July 27 to August 2

violet456
violet456 Posts: 674 Member
Last week was a hard one for me, and I think part was I didn't really list my goals at the beginning of the week to stick to, (along with lots of stress). So, alas, I'm starting this thread early to get us all going too.

List your goals, your stressers, and your vents. Keep referring to your goals to keep you going.

Plus drink lots of water.

Replies

• violet456
    My goals for this week, simple, but hard
    1. No craft service
    2. Walk every day at lunch for at least 3 rotations of my loop.
    3. Try and get to work early at least twice to do a mini walk before work.
    4. Remember to drink more water on the weekend.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Thanks violet for starting this week!

Goals this week:
    1. Curves 3 times
    2. Keep kitchen clean and organized (I learned that this is a trigger for unhealthy habits last week)
    3. Complete one thing on my to do before fall list every day.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    It's my wedding anniversary this week, so my goal is to exercise enough to cover the calories. Also, at least 5k steps per day.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Thanks for getting this week off and started Violet.

I couldnt handle how i was feeling anymore so i talked to the nurse at work and her suggestions were not very positive for my energy level! One of my meds makes me very sensitive to the heat, its been so hot and humid this summer where i am and no A/C at work i am beat every day! Nurse says this may last all summer, so i have a new plan in place!

When i get home i will rest for an hour, drink a gatorade then cook dinner and clean up quickly, rest for another hour then do some moving for half n hour! this should allow my body to rest and keep me busy, no more sleeping right after work!

I see my doctor next week and will take things from there :smile:

Goals this week,
    As stated above, 2 planned rest periods so i dont over do it, and some getting up and moving, at very least till the temperature drops a few degrees so i can tolerate life!
    Drink extra water and some sporta drinks to get myself balanced
    No FAST FOOD

I hope everyone has a great week!

• violet456
    Today is proving to be very hard to resist craft service. First extra temptation lemon square macaroons. (Most things lemon I particularly enjoy.) Then second temptation is a variety of extra treats from Dairy Queen, ie buster bars, dilly bars and the like....Yesterday I ended up grazing, logged everything, and ended up going over, not surprising. So today I was trying to be really strong and stick to my packed lunch and snacks with a little treat. Then they announce DQ. ARG.
  • violet456
    HLaR- I hope you get a good routine to get feeling better. I can understand no energy, chronic low iron, and it isn't fun.
  • mjwwes
    mjwwes Posts: 21 Member
    I just came across this discussion and thought it was interesting to read so here it goes I work at Panera Bakery, I have changed to a lchf lifestyle and I have thyroid issues, passed menopause, IBS and have recently gone over the borderline diabetes line ( I have always been borderline since a teenager). The doctor has given me a chance if i lose 50 pounds by September it would put me back in the borderline part and he would wait til them and relook at the meds situation I want to stay off the meds.

Goals:

1. lose 50 pounds by sept for doc appt to keep off diabetes meds, was at 318 at last appointment weight down to 268. I am down to 298 need to lose 30 pounds .

2. watch the water I drink too much water which wash out my electroytes which I am taking supplements more
    3. not to eat after 5pm.

• Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    I am late putting in my goals this week. I am struggling with my eating really bad. I go through cycles of good and bad. I struggle most when it is my cycle time in the month. I'm trying not to give up...just really frustrated right now.

Goals this week:
    1: drink my water. »»»I downloaded an app on my phone to help with that

2: body weight workout 3 Times this week and walk 2 Times this week

3: don't go over my calories

4: pack my lunch for work everyday
  • sunflw95
    sunflw95 Posts: 8 Member
    I just found this group today so just starting out. Goals are good so here it goes:

1. Drink more water. I am terrible at this.
    2. Walk every day.
    3. Resist the birthday celebration cakes. (I've done good on this so far)
    4. Not go over in my calorie allowance.

Good luck to everyone!
  • HLaR79
    Violet, oh i love lemon too, you can do it!!! Make a plan, log first and decide what is worth it!

Mjwwes, welcome to the discussion sounds like you really know where your headed! Stick to your goals you can do it!

Summer: giving up looms over many of us i think, its not easy to change who we are! Revisit was what brought you here to begin with and fight against it! You can achieve your goals!!!

Sunflw: great job, great goals and welcome to the group
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Having a good week so far. I have kept the kitchen clean, curves is on my schedule, and yesterday I bought the paint for the shed and the spare room. Today I scheduled some appointments, cleaned the kitchen, and am off to curves...all before noon. Now I am free to enjoy a beautiful summer day!

Lemon anything is a favorite for me too. I use it in marinades, on pasta, in soup, infused water, etc., instead of desserts. I do have a recipe for a low calorie lemon mousse made with sugar free jello and chilled fat free evaporated milk that I make that satisfies the craving too when I can't resist the urge for something sweet but tart. Or when I really miss lemonade. Maybe I'll make some today!

Summer, HLaR79 is right, we all have those times when we lose sight of why we are trying to make healthier lives. Remember what made you start this in the first place.

• KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Mind if I join in? I need a little "push" to keep me focused on my goals.

This week's goals:

1. Wean myself more off of junk calories
    2. Try to work in some time to get to the gym (I'm on call this week and that limits my availability)
    3. Clean the home office/man cave
    4. Get my macros more in line.

#4 is my big rant this week. Went and had my bodyfat measured for the first time a few weeks ago, and the doctor said I should be eating around 2500-3000 calories. So I came back to MFP for the first time since my youngest was born so I can better track what I'm eating. And so far, so good on the weight loss (my bathroom scale actually says a number now instead of "ERROR"!). But it's a pain in the butt to try to keep the protein, fat, and carb ratios right. It's so easy to get the calories filled, but I'm just not getting enough protein. I don't want to eat a pound of chicken a day, but I just may have to do so.

And before I get any "hate mail" (although I don't expect it - you all are so supportive!) about my calorie limit: I'm trying to lose about 70-80 pounds (trying to get down to 300-310 before I get retested for bodyfat). I'm not a bodybuilder or powerlifter - I do Highland Games about 7 weekends out of the year, but for the most part I'm just big.

jltheis7: Good luck on the painting - I've got a bathroom to paint in the next few weeks, and I'm dreading it (also replacing the floor and toilet... fun!)

And I did find an easy way to get my daily water in - I have a Bubba Keg (you can get them at Walmart - I have the 52 oz insulated mug). I fill that up in the morning when I get to work, and try to drain it before noon and then fill it again and try to finish it before I leave work. If I do that, then I know I've gotten my water, and it's helping out really well.
  • keyo11
    keyo11 Posts: 23 Member
    No hate from here. Wishing you success with your goals. :)

I have a glass that's exactly 5 cups of water. 8 oz to a cup. And I need 18 cups. So if I drain it dry 4 times I'm set. So I drink a glass after every meal and before bedtime. That way it doesn't feel like a chore. I even get thirsty in between!
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    I haven't done all that great on my goals this far but I took everyone's advice and reflected on why I started this journey. The biggest thing was I wanted to feel good in my skin. I had a really good conversation with my husband and I just really need to refocus my efforts. It is so easy to loose sight of the end goal and get bogged down in the weeds. I am.the type of person that thrives of of my successes and it's so easy to get distracted and discouraged when I don't have a scale victory or even worse gain weight. But my body once a month will laugh in the face of all of my efforts and hold onto everything I give it....Good or bad I just have to remember that I need to wait and when that time is over the weight will drop if I stick to my plan. Normally I seek out a challenge in life and pass or fail I give it my all. I'm having a hard time with the fact that I can't grab this particular bull by its horns and run full speed ahead. The reflecting is helping though. And I think.if I can refocus I can get this and succeed.

Ok....rant over...lol :-)
  • violet456
    Summer: well done. Reflecting can help.

As for my goals.
    1. Craft service - mostly said no, especially to the very bad things they have brought in this week.
    2. Walk Every day at lunch - I have been, not the loops yesterday though, but I actually ran a little on the walk I did take, and the length would have been about the same.
    3. Try and get to work early to walk - that hasn't happened, but I have been going out in the evenings instead with my toddler on usually fairly long walks.
    4. Not the weekend yet to get water.
  • HLaR79
    Its great to see everyone so active here! I keep showing up, i find that to be my success right now, i gained a few lbs back from slacking off, but its getting better! I am going to spend some time on my holidays cooking stuff for the freezer so i quit eating crappy foods!

Welcome to our new Comers :)
  • violet456
    HLaR: Home Made Freezer meals are a great thing. Pre portioned, and just a quick grab and go for meat or family dinners. Good work.
  • HLaR79
    Yesterday was a fail, i ate a bagle, two pepperoni sticks and 3 pieces of thin crust pizza and a bag of popcorn! I was too busy to eat, my body hurts but it was nice to be busy! The kicker, i was baking all day and i didnt eat any of my baking!
    Now today is the party so lets see what type of will power i have :smile:

Have a great sunday everyone
  • keyo11
    keyo11 Posts: 23 Member
    Are we going to have a new thread?
  • violet456
    HLaR79: This weekend was a bust for me too. We went away for the weekend and eating out and on the run didn't go well for the diet. Alas, today is another day. I'm back to fight this fight.