I'm THAT girl.

Options
rosebarnalice
rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
You know THAT woman who is talking to herself while kickboarding? That would be me. In my defense, I'm running lines for whatever play I'm rehearsing at the moment. But if you're in the lane next to me you don't know that--you just think I've slipped a groove.

Replies

• mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Oh, THAT girl, huh? I always wondered about her. Just a little off balance, I always thought. A few cards short of a deck or something. I'll just swim really fast past her and not make eye contact. :wink:
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    But not really...
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    I'll just swim really fast past her and not make eye contact. :wink:
    Good plan!

• blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    We have a 'laugher' in our pool. Sounds like he's giggling his way from one end to the other. My husband calls him 'chuckles'. I laugh just thinking about it. I still have no idea why he's laughing as he swims lol.
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wait - you're an actor? I teach theatre in real life! I tend to sing showtunes to myself. Today I was singing "the ants go marching in" as a way of remembering which lap number I was on. Of course, that was in my head...mostly...except that one time when I forgot my head was in water and I opened my mouth to sing...Oops.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    another good reason for me to listen to audiobooks instead of music during my swims. I kept wanting to sing along with the music ...which is a) a good way to drown and b) must sound really weird at pool side ...
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    LauraRae2 wrote: »
    Wait - you're an actor? I teach theatre in real life! I tend to sing showtunes to myself. Today I was singing "the ants go marching in" as a way of remembering which lap number I was on. Of course, that was in my head...mostly...except that one time when I forgot my head was in water and I opened my mouth to sing...Oops.
    It's harder for me to run lines under water beause I'm too busy breathing and countign laps-- so I save that for when I'm on the kickboard and can count with my fingers!

• Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    another good reason for me to listen to audiobooks instead of music during my swims. I kept wanting to sing along with the music ...which is a) a good way to drown and b) must sound really weird at pool side ...

hehe. I haven't sung along yet at the pool, which certainly would be a good way to drown. I am the woman in the grocery store isles whose singing along with the radio, though. :tongue: