Dear College....give me back my body!

Options
mwapem
mwapem Posts: 16 Member
I'm a 23 year old masters student! When I can to college I was about 160....but 4 and half years can make a huge difference because I'm now at 230. I'm making eating changes and working out...I REFUSE to stay this way and I'm looking for like minded students.....2015....I'm bringing sexy back! Yass!

Replies

• teknosprite
    teknosprite Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I feel you, im in my 4th year of law school (evening program, thats why its longer) and i gained almost 50lbs since starting... but then i got sick of it like you amd got on here - so far ive been able to knock off just over 20lbs of it and im still goin! You can do it!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I started my Masters program halfway through my weight loss process. The weight loss stalled pretty much the moment I stepped on campus, and I'm 5 lbs heavier nine months into the course. I don't like grad school. :|
  • ginaxx118
    ginaxx118 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was 180 before school and in just freshman year I'm up to 220! I gained the freshman 40:/
  • AlyssaMae5
    Options
    My school is in the middle of nowhere and most of the time I love it that way. But the food stinks. Without other options around I ended up eating junk to feel full. That has lead to huge weight gain over the four years. I'm spending a month abroad after graduation and I don't want to look back on the pictures and be unhappy with what I see and I don't want to not be able to keep up on my trip so the weight has got to go! If only it was as easy as saying that!

Good luck everyone!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    AlyssaMae5 wrote: »
    My school is in the middle of nowhere and most of the time I love it that way. But the food stinks. Without other options around I ended up eating junk to feel full.

Exactly my situation.
  • elle_bear_11
    elle_bear_11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I totally understand aswell, i gained 22 pounds from stess eating last year, and still find myself doing it sometimes, I'm trying to eat right and train like a beast, I've lost about 15 pounds, but I'm really just trying to fit the workouts into my scedule to build a stronger me..:)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    School resumes for me next month, how about you folks?
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real. I lose my mind if I do not workout though, and I allow myself the time to do it because my focus is better once I have exercised. No doubt it is not easy and not always possible to be healthy in school.
  • ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    When I got married in 2012, I was about 220 lbs. When I started college in 2014, I was about 230 lbs. In February, about a year after school started, I was all the way up to 270 lbs! I am back down to 217, with a lot of work on my part.
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    School resumes for me next month, how about you folks?

I'm taking summer courses, so school never actually paused for me. Summer classes will be finished in 3 weeks (trying to get my A&P2 grade up from an A- to an A... little nervous it's going to hurt my GPA). After it's over, I'll be in my final semester to get my A.S. come mid-September. Starting on my B.S. in the spring.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Last semester I had classes from 6-9 at night (plus a 50 minute commute) and then classes at 8 in the morning--and the commute during rush hour is about 90 minutes. So I was sleep deprived and had a hard time working out. Then I pinched a nerve in my foot and couldn't do anything for 7 months or so, gained back all I lost last summer + 10 lbs. I'm hoping to be where I was July 1 2014 on Aug 1 2015. I'm 0.5 lb from that goal right now, with 2 days to go. :sigh:

I'm hoping to lose 40 lbs by Jan 1, 2016, but realistically I'll probably fall short of that goal. I think it is a decent target, though--40 lbs in 22 weeks, starting from 220 lbs. But--holidays...
  • InsaneFitness94
    InsaneFitness94 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have finished my first year in uni and I gained about 22lbs over this past 1 year. Most of that I gained just before my exams from stress eating.
    Trying to lose all of it, and some more. Hopefully, I'll reach my goal weight by December.

I'm currently enjoying my summer vacation. School will resume in Sept.
    Good luck guys!