Does your bike have a name?

Options
ephiemarie
ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
Furthermore, do you find yourself talking to it sometimes? Tell me I'm not the only one! :smiley:

My pretty green/purple Trek Lexa is lovingly called "Lexi Baby."

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No, no names. I only talk to them when something isn't right... like "c'mon baby... just get me back to the trailhead."

But this... yea...
    11330604_814010952013398_1629515668_n.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Bike-name.png

mine is Professor Sweaty Wind
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    ^According to that, mine is Sir Slick Racer
  • TriNoob
    TriNoob Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Originally named mine Atlas, but Colonel Speedy Warlock is too good to pass up.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Doctor Playful Medicine - Hmmm...I thought that was against the rules in bike racing.
  • aceink64
    aceink64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    mine from the chart would be Sir Commander Sweaty Prize
  • sun_tzu
    sun_tzu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The following is something of a chautauqua (yes, that is a word, it comes from a Native American tribe, not sure which one, and it means a long wandering story, although the online dictionaries do not have this definition); consider yourself warned.

So this morning I went for my longest ride ever, by a long measure. I finally came up with a name for the bike during the ride. She is now officially "Fury". I took the name from the recent movie about the U.S. tank crew in World War II.

At first it was just Tank because she is an older, inexpensive (never call her cheap) bike and she is on the heavy side. She was speaking to me and said that she found the name Tank less than flattering and she asked for something else.

Of course, the next option was "Frank the Tank" in a nod to Will Farrell in one of my favorite movies, "Old School". While she thought it was an improvement, she was still non-plussed. I tried to argue, saying I would call her Francine, but then she reminded me that I already know a Francine and that I do not like her, so that was out.

I kept thinking about her being a tank, and I remembered the movie "Fury" which I recently watched. The tank crew in the movie named their tank "Fury". Well, she absolutely loved the name. She doesn't want me to explain the reference to a tank to anyone, but she loves the imagery of "Fury".

She can be a mean *kitten* if I cross her and she makes me work hard for our miles together. However, if I love her and treat her right she will love me right back and she can be fiercely protective.

So there you have it. It was a strange journey to a name, but it works for both of us.

If you are into war movies, especially those depicting a soldier's dedication to a mission and absolute love and devotion to his comrades, then "Fury" is worth a watch.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Sir Sweaty Wagon.

:drinker:
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Nope. But it has it's own location in our dining room and my kids joke about how I will break their fingers if they touch it.

Also, my bike is black and purple. (A pinkish-purple). I'm not sure where to go with the chart above.
  • Billydlyon1406
    Billydlyon1406 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ha this is great.
    Commander Speedy Unicorn??
  • ShawnTX
    ShawnTX Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sir Mighty Unicorn??? Haven't named mine, but might have to now lest I be left with that one! :smiley:
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Colonel Whiz Ninja ... Well it will be change from it's used to being called while climbing the hills in NH - LOL
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Sir Victorious Asphalt? I think I'll stick with Felicity!