I hit my Goal Weight Today:)

Options
shortypage1123
shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
I was sleeved back in September 2014. At the beginning of this journey I really wasn't sure what I wanted my goal to be so I just threw a number out there. Well today I hit that number on the scale. I have limited my exercise because I was so concerned with that number on the scale and when I exercised that number would not move. Now that I have reached that goal its time to get to exercising and toning up the problem areas. What are your favorite go to routines? I need to work on my upper arms, thighs and stomach areas. Thank you all for your wonderful words of wisdom that I read here on a regular basis.

Replies

• denicejo
    denicejo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved back in September 2014. At the beginning of this journey I really wasn't sure what I wanted my goal to be so I just threw a number out there. Well today I hit that number on the scale. I have limited my exercise because I was so concerned with that number on the scale and when I exercised that number would not move. Now that I have reached that goal its time to get to exercising and toning up the problem areas. What are your favorite go to routines? I need to work on my upper arms, thighs and stomach areas. Thank you all for your wonderful words of wisdom that I read here on a regular basis.

Congrats! Have you tried Pilates?
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Have you tried body weight exercises or resistance bands? I find that those are easiest because I can do them anywhere (and I travel alot). Womenshealth.com has a lot of great exercises for any area with many options (free weights, bands, body weight, etc.)
  • shortypage1123
    Options
    denicejo wrote: »

Congrats! Have you tried Pilates?

I did try it once man was it tough:) Will have to look at it again now that I have a yoga mat.
  • shortypage1123
    Options
    Awesome! Have you tried body weight exercises or resistance bands? I find that those are easiest because I can do them anywhere (and I travel alot). Womenshealth.com has a lot of great exercises for any area with many options (free weights, bands, body weight, etc.)

Thanks for the website. I will take a look. I do not have any resistance bands or weights yet. I do like being able to work out at home. I have a 9 year old and its difficult to get to the gym. I use the xbox one/xbox fitness at home and have done yoga with Adriene https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I <3 yoga and I am a big fan of it. Also, there are crap TONS of resistance-type workouts on YouTube. I am sure you could find a few that would work for you. My suggestion?- keep it simple. Just a few exercises at a time at first. None of that "Insanity" workout stuff where you are ready to DIE. lol Be good to you-- and congrats on reaching your goal!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I use the elliptical as my main cardio, and have been upping my resistance training with weight machines and some barbell stuff. Nothing at home, though, so not much help there.

Enjoy the new challenges of maintenance!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an awesome accomplishment :)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Have fun finding the right mix of exercise that works for you - I second or third the vote for yoga, and if you can find a night to get out and get some mom time I highly recommend finding a local yoga studio for a class - the community you feel in a that environment is hard to describe but once felt in your heart is addictive <3
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your huge accomplishment. You look amazing!!!
  • gastrognome89
    gastrognome89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pilates is your best bet for toning and strengthening, especially your tummy area which needs help to get strong again after surgery. Lots of youtube videos and guides online for Pilates. Budget permitting the best way to get started is have a couple of private lessons. It's costly but you only need a couple and you get so much more confidence knowing you're doing it correctly. Lessons at physiotherapist studios can sometimes be covered by health insurance and are very good. Lessons at large gyms not great for a beginner because there is very little personal attention, but they are fine once you've got the hang of it.

Massive congratulations on reaching your goal, what an awesome achievement.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Such an accomplishment. For training I do weights 4x/week. I do elliptical warm ups and 1 day cardio.
  • shortypage1123
    Options
    tce648kh3azq.jpg
    Here is my before and after. Thanks for all the wonderful advice!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! What a transformation!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Stunning, nicely done!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    great job