maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
Things are not going well at Badger towers. I need to sort my head out

Hows the rest of you

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're struggling. Sending you lots of good, clear, untangling, and uplifting thoughts!

From some research on google, it seems like my injury might be bursitis. If It isn't eased up well by Monday, I'll be making an orthopedic appointment. And weirdness of weirdness, my right arm (knee is also on right) where my finger was amputated is triggering major pains in my wrist, forearm and elbow. May I please have a whole new right side, plus a left knee? UGH...

Aside from that, I'm doing okay. I am making some progress on a small goal that I'm not ready to "put out there" much yet, because that always ends up in self sabotage...lol

Hugs,
    Carly
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey Lise, what's going on?

I'm struggling right now too. Mostly medical/pain related--had to bump up my prednisone dose, so I want to eat constantly. My GP is lousy--never available--so no pain meds for the last three days, and ice and over the counter stuff only does so much. I'm trying to stay active and positive, but really... can I get a freaking break here?

Temp has climbed to 88 degrees--heat wave!--but we are promised to go to a stupid dinner party tonight in a house that has no air conditioning. Yeah... not how I want to spend my evening, but Jim really wants to go and wants me along. GAH! I'm bringing my ice packs.

That's basically it from this murky corner. Where are the rest of you and how are you doing?

K.
  • maoribadger
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think its sleep deprivation plus I have missed some meds recently and my head is not where it should be. Yesterday I got one hours sleep after my night shift but coped surprisingly well. I even went to the gym. But today ive been all over the place. I have been feeling sick and shaky and my driving has been appalling. I've also noticed my noise intolerance has been bothering me and my anxiety which has been up lately anyway has been much more bothersome. So I blew off the gym because I couldnt face it. But my eating has been out of whack for about 3 days now and Ive barely drunk any water just soda. I really need to get my sleep and my meds on track I think as Ive also had some bothersome thoughts. Its probably nothing to some people but sleep and tiredness really affects me and missing my drugs seems to as well.

So Im gonna try and get back on track tomo, weigh myself and get back logging and chugging water but as far as this challenge goes Ive blown it.

In other news Ive planned an awesome summer break with my kids which started today when I dragged my sorry tired *kitten* out the house to take them to a nearby country park for a ranger led event - junior nature detectives. We had a good time tromping around the woods looking for animals and bugs. We found a red tailed bumble bee and some frogs and ear wigs. Im hoping to get on another 5 or 6 ranger events this summer as well as taking them to some animal workshops and the natural history museum down the road. So Ive had some fresh air and a good walk today. I also took them to their swimming classes yesterday and today. Yesterday was big un and today my litlee who astonished me - shes only 4 and has only been going 3 weeks and she jumped in the deep end of the pool then swam 25m with her woggle and armbands on. Even her teacher was blown away. I figure if she can challenge herself so can I

Heres my biggest girl with her earwig
    de7cb46cixbo.jpg

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I love pictures like this. I also love how children can help renew us (Skippy McGrape, anyone?).

Lise, please keep us in the loop as you get back on track. We all know how critical that can be. Also, if you have learned one single thing during this challenge, you didn't "blow" it...

It's all about progress, sweetheart.

I just read the most amazing thing in my low carb group. I've got to spend some serious time thinking on it, but if anyone wants a straight cut and paste, PM me your email. It's about figuring out how to fix your body, trust your metabolism, and cut out the things so you never again have to focus on counting calories - finding your body's balance, whatever that is... I can't even articulate a description of it, so I'll have to share laters...

Good evening/night, all!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hey all.....I wonder if we are all sort of going thru a mid summer 'blues' stage of our lives!! Sort of peaked now. BUT all of us are strong! And I think the next challenge we shall all get it together...well we don't have to get it 100% together, but get most of it together and hit the next challenge head on! I plan on doing that!

I have started another book.....will share some of it later....basically about aging, and lifestyle changes that also has a side effect...weight loss too! It is motivational for me too!

Karen, the NEXT challenge will be for a bracelet!! LOL!

So when does the next challenge start! I am building up to it.....enough of this sitting on my bum.....I am feeling better and need to get out and about. heck, I have to get out and about, I go back to work on Sunday!! Then no vacation until I depart from here around November 17 ! Yeah!! I think I will plot out my mini-challenges...you did that before Karen...to see where I can be by November 17 !

Guys.....July is almost OVER with!! We start the slide into FALL !! (That is hard to convince me when the temperature is sitting at 115 today!). lol

Hope you all sleep well!! I am off to Bahrain...need a hair cut...hope the gal at the salon is not squeemish...still have a few staples in my head! LOL....I will tell her to pretend my head is paper and stapled together!! Whew, another hot day today here in the 'land of the sand'! Gosh...can't wait to return to the USA!

• catladyksa
    Options
    Lise, you daughter is a CUTIE PIE!!! OMG....what a darling face!!!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thankyou I think shes pretty awesome :)

Well ive not been back on track today though ive been better. I have some serious thinking to do. I seem to be in an all or nothing mind frame atm and i know its not healthy or helpful. Im either bingeing or restricting and. I need to stop both and go back to my 1700 cals. I skipped the gym again today and tomorrow im working, sat sleeping so if i dont go sunday it will end up a week with no exercise other than walking

Good day with kids today took them to the library and then to a small local soft play thats free to use. Tomorrow I am taking them swimming and then to their animal talk and trying to sleep in between and saturday Mr Badger is taking them to another ranger event that sounds amazing and im sorry to miss it.

And since I showed you my big 6yo girl yesterday this beautiful eyed creature is my 4 yo baby girl
    femv23ycdrrb.jpg
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Your kiddos are just too cute, Lise!! I'm totally jealous. (hugs)
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Both are cuties!! Thanks for sharing!
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I ended with 11094 steps yesterday despite sweltering temps.

I ate breakfast as well! That is big for me.
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    dzwpt4krolwm.jpg

Me in sweltering heat
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Way to go Linzee!!! Way to go!!!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    LOVE all the pics!!!

I'm around, doing my thing. Today is my last day of nonstop running around and medical appointments, so will check in and get re-focused over the weekend.

Lise, BEAUTIFUL children!!!

xxoo

K.