Opinions!?!

chubbard9
chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
I was wondering if you guys have any ideas for the group!

I am in a group with @RaeBeeBaby and we have to meet certain strength/flex/cardio goals each week. It's a challenge group and I was thinking we could do something like that for this group. Set up weekly challenges for the group, and get points for meeting those goals. For example we could set a calorie goal of staying under 5x during the week, xcardio minutes, etc.

I am just interested to see what you all think! I think it would be good motivation for everyone to kind of stay on top of the things we can control!

Also, if you have other ideas, feel free to suggest! I really want success for all of us! Happy Monday!

Replies

• blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    I think that would be a very good idea.
    My usual workouts entail well, mowing right now, but also various "videos" on Daily Burn. It does cardio etc so I believe I would be able to meet a cardio, strength (not sure what flex) goals. It seems like others in the group are pretty active also.
    I worry that if we have some now or will have some join who aren't active they may not be able to do some activity but then they could gear it to what they are physically able to do.
    I'm also good with the staying under calorie goals
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    I'm still thinking about this too. I like the cardio and strength for sure. I agree with @blitzbis on the ambiguity of "flex" particularly when that could be a part of strength. Maybe narrowing it into just those two categories would be easier for people to figure out where their exercise fits in.

@chubbard9 Maybe give it a test run in this group and develop the idea a bit more (basically use us as guinea pigs Haha). I would love to have some daily accountability. I already log in daily so checking off something on a google spreadsheet or whatever the format will be shouldn't be that difficult considering I already log in as it is.

I also think something like this would be a lot easier to manage with a small group like this. It's really difficult to keep up with over 300 people!

Just my two cents for now :smile:

• chubbard9
    Thanks for your opinion ladies! I think that it could even be broken down into the simple idea of 20mins 5x a week or somethinglike that and I like flex (pretty much stretching) because it prevents injury and is just plain old relaxing. I've been getting into a very basic yoga video that is pretty much adjustable for any physical ability. I will respond more tomorrow, I'm totally beat and didn't meet my strength/flex goals for the day :(
  • blitzbis
    @chubbard9 hope you got some rest!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Coming in late to this party, but I would love to do a challenge with you ladies! As @chubbard9 mentioned, we're doing the Game of Thrones fitness challenge and it involves meeting a certain number of minute goals for the week.

Example:
    Cardio - 100
    Strength - 80 (any weights, circuit or bodyweight exercises)
    Flex - 60 (yoga, stretching, pilates)
    Plus there are usually a couple additional things we have to do like try a new food or new exercise, or complete a specific exercise video.
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    I like the idea! Count me in.
  • blitzbis
    Let's decide what to do and start it Monday.
    since ya'll are doing the GoT, should we start with that type of challenge so that you can get credit in both forums?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    blitzbis wrote: »
    Let's decide what to do and start it Monday.
    since ya'll are doing the GoT, should we start with that type of challenge so that you can get credit in both forums?

I was thinking that whatever we shoot for we will be able to count it towards both challenges. They're not mutually exclusive. :)
  • chubbard9
    Good morning ladies!

Super sorry for the late respobse- I've been mega busy, but I was trying to respond to you guys but my internet kept force closing! Ugh!

Anyways, in regard to this idea one of the girls on my friends list has helped me hugely in setting up a new spreadsheet and group(just for a beteer organized page) and I think you guys will like it! Its split into logging your mood, calories, water, exercise, etc.

The group's name is Track it or Back Track-you should all have a invite!

I'm still working on the challenge ideas! So I'm putting that on the back burner for now...

So sorry for the late response/overall lack of groups leading news... Have a great day ladies!