3 days post RNY surgery

Options
911Chrisy
911Chrisy Posts: 37 Member
Hey All,
I recently found this group just in time to have my RNY surgery. I have read a few discussion topics and wanted to introduce myself and say I'm grateful this group is here.

I'm looking for motivation, exercise, food and cooking tips and tricks for the long run.
Add me as a friend I'd be happy to get to know others who have traveled this path.

All the best

Replies

• krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your surgery. I'm just starting out the process and I have my initial assessment two weeks from today! Yay! I have found that the friends I've added from this group have done wonders for tips and motivation for my pre-op weight loss. I'll add you :smile:
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're starting on what is an amazing journey. It isn't easy, but it is worth it. Right now, walk and sip, rest and heal. There are many people with great experience and wisdom here, so read and ask questions. We are all a bit different, but there aren't many experiences thst someone here hasn't had too.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery, and the next chapter in your life.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Welcome - these first few weeks are the toughest so just take it one day at a time and be good to yourself. You will feel like yourself again soon (only better)!!

Congrats!
  • 911Chrisy
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I have been walking daily 3 x 10mins at a time and trying to get lots of water and protein shakes into me.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great so far. Hang in there, every day gets easier
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My surgery is Tuesday and id be glad to share once I'm on the other side!
  • 911Chrisy
    Options
    Welcome! My surgery is Tuesday and id be glad to share once I'm on the other side!

Awesome. I will be thinking about you on Tuesday. Good luck.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I know you will do great!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    How are you doing?
  • RNY2thin
    RNY2thin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group too. I am currently in month 3 of my 6 month process. :)
  • 911Chrisy
    Options
    How are you doing?

I'm really struggling with drinking water. It seems like it should be so simple but I forget to pick up the bottle again for another sip. I have had a couple of days where I drank less than 1 cup of water. I am now setting a 2 minute timer on my phone to help.
    Otherwise things are going really well.
    Thanks for asking.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's so very important to drink your water. You do NOT want to get dehydrated. The timer is a good idea.