Intro's

Options
flatlandrunner
flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
Hi Everyone,

Let's start with some intros; I'll go first.

I'm Dana, have been off and on keto for a year (the off part came during my honeymoon where we ate and drank EVERYTHING!) and now I'm looking to get back on and shed all those pounds I gained, as well as the pounds I never lost.

I'm currently at 177.5 and my goal is to get to 130ish- this was definitely when I felt the best and could do more.

My fave exercises are yoga and running (bc solitary exercise is my kind of thing), I'm obsessed with making whatever I can from scratch, including looking at growing my own mushrooms, and love, love, love to cook!

Luckily my husband is also down with keto though he's not as serious about it and prefers to go for a bike ride or lift weights so our solitary exercise preferences compliment one another nicely :)

What about you?

Replies

• snjohnston
    snjohnston Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shannon, and I started doing the DASH diet March 2014. Ever since last Christmas, I have been in either a rut or a funk. Lol. I was previously down 24.5 pounds, now, I'm only down 8 pounds. :( I am really trying to get back to a no/low carb lifestyle and get my weight and inches down, and muscles and mood back up! I am here for all the motivation I can give, and to receive a little myself. :) I am also a type 1 diabetic, and have found a HUGE difference in my control without all of the carbs. I actually love to workout! I love the feeling of accomplishment and strength I feel with each workout! Can't wait to get back to where I was!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My name is heather
    i am a stay at home mother of 4 beautiful girls.
    i am 5'4" and 170 - i was down to 159 but the winter blues hit me hard this year and ended up almost to 180- so i kicked myself in the *kitten* and got back to what i know works

KETO

people look at me like i am crazy- but it works and i feel great.
    with 4 girls (3 of which are under 5) i find it hard to "make" time to work out- but again i know i need to.
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! I'm Taylor, and I've been doing keto since April/May of 2015. I started out around 170lbs, and am now at 161lbs. My goal is to get down to 145lbs. I keep my carbs under 50g a day, usually much lower than that. In the beginning I kept them around or under 20g a day until I felt confident I was in ketosis. I never tried using the ketone strips or anything ($$). I'm pretty in tune with my body, and definitely notice if I have too many carbs. My digestive system gets out of wack and I feel really lethargic! 50g and under seems to work for me.

I'm also hypoglycemic, so I also have blood sugar issues, and keto has really helped me stay level and not have those crazy spikes and drops that I used to get. Yay for LCHF!

I started exercising regularly in June, and have found that I enjoy it much more now! My favorites are ballet/barre, yoga, and Callanetics to keep me feeling limber and relaxed. I also like to lift weights once a week if I can get my butt to the gym. I usually work out at home with dvds.

I think that's it. Looking forward to the group!
  • Tanklan
    Tanklan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Tania, and I am struggling to get back into keto. Today will be my first full day back! Woohoo! Yay me! Anyway, I am a stay at home mom of three kiddos. The scale said 195 this morning which completely depressed me, because last year I lost down to 158 and have gained all that back. My goal is 140.
    I love to swim laps and do water aerobics with weights and walk. Looking forward to day 2 tomorrow! :)
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    it is soo easy to get comfy with your weight then BAM its back

my weight loss history looks like a stock market report
  • flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    fludderbye wrote: »
    it is soo easy to get comfy with your weight then BAM its back

my weight loss history looks like a stock market report

Oh my goodness YES!!! Unfortunately at late mine has had more spikes than crashes (which would be excellent for stocks, but bad for my waistline!)
  • tracy0919
    tracy0919 Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hey there gang! I'm Tracy. Like some of you, I've done this before: 50lbs. This time is more urgent because my husband needs a kidney transplant and I have to lose to donate. Low carbs work for me. I've lost 16 lbs this time around since June 1. Go us!
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey There :)
    Im Taneil and im 28 from Australia. Ive always struggled with my weight and am embarrassingly at 130kgs atm. Small goals to start with, id like to get down under 110 before December. Then from there we will see how I go. Low carb works for me, i just get disheartened by weight fluctuations (so im trying not to weigh at all until the end of the fortnight).. and I get lazy because theres so much preparation.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Renee. I lost a lot of weight years ago, doing Medifast. I've gained back about 70 lbs of it. I have psoriasis, and was looking for another way to treat it beside medicine. Eventually that led me to the Keto way of life. I've been successful with eliminating grains. It has made a huge difference in my skin. The sugar is a struggle for me. Anyway, I'm trying. I do good for a few days, then....... So, back at it again.
  • Misspropa
    Misspropa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Melissa & I'm from North Carolina. My weight is kind of like the stock market ticker mentioned above...ha ha. I went from just under 200 to 170'ish last year during a weight loss competition at work and have bounced from 170 - 180 for the past year. My downfall is southern food (can you say biscuits???), lack of exercise and a just plain crazy schedule lately. My work schedule is typically 60 hours a week right now & that's killing me :neutral:

Low carb is the only thing that's ever worked for me and I feel so much better when I'm following it. I decided to take it to the next level & jump on board with KETO. Today was my first full day and I was never hungry. I'm 5'7" so I'm hoping to get to 160 or so as a first step.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys! Gina here. I've been Keto since Feb 17th, 2015. Started at 177.5 pounds down to 127.4, 40%BF down to 19.8% as of this morning. I'm pretty much where I want to be weight-wise, just needing to "tone" up and need accountability. I love this lifestyle and the benefits of it. I'm a marathon runer currently training for the Chicago Marathon in October.
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Emma. I've been keto/carb cycling for over 2 years and successful kept off 28 pounds. I took a break from dieting for a few months and maintained my weight. I wasn't into it and I had so many social events and weddings over the first half of summer. It was too hard to cut out cocktails and desserts so I enjoyed it.

I'm ready to start keto again and loose the last 10-15 pounds.
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathie. I started LCHF in April/15 and within 2 weeks was doing Keto. Did awesome for 3 mos., then last week got derailed after son's wedding & daughter's meltdown at University. Finding it a little tougher than I thought to get back on track. Will have good day, then bam next day succumb to crap (pizza tonight). Never realized how quickly I could backslide into carb bingeing again. But tomorrow's another day & I will take it one day at a time til back in keto. (Hopefully by weekend will have put carbs behind me). Try to stay at <16g carbs, 65g protein, & 108g fat. May up my protein though & see if it helps with the cravings. (Don't know, but can't hurt to try).
  • CSO50364
    CSO50364 Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Carolyn. I'm glad to see this group here. I've been playing with the idea of going keto for several months. I've done a lot of reading and it seems like it's the most logical approach for a healthy functioning body. I have to admit my biggest challenge right now is getting off sugars, mostly "hidden" sugars. I have an idea of what I would like my goal weight to be, but more importantly, I would like my total body fat to be between 18% and 20%. I don't know what it is right now, but I do know my BMI is 36... not good. My goal weight is 130 - 135 and my current weight is 220.
  • Misspropa
    Options
    Welcome to all the "newbies"......
  • southernchiclet
    southernchiclet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Sandra. I'm in SC and love my bread, especially homemade!! I've tried keto before, but never had much luck with it. But, here I am again. I'm at my highest weight ever and need to lose about 30 lbs. I carry most of my weight in the tummy. Its such a mental thing with me, as I dwell on that part of my body most being the most unliked. I have a personal trainer, 3 x week, and love to bike. I also am a closet junk food eater!! :0
    I would love to follow the diaries of fellow keto-er's!!
  • CSO50364
    CSO50364 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you're out of the closet now! :p
    I also am a closet junk food eater!! :0
  • Schmeggly80
    Schmeggly80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Meg. Eating keto to lose some flub (ok a heap of flub) and to control my migraines (awesome plus). Currently at 180lbs, up 75 from where I got to after I had my daughter. 75lbs in 8 years is not cool. So.

The hardest part of sticking to keto, for me, is the planning required to keep my macros straight, avoiding lunch temptations that come along with working downtown, and making two dinners every day - one for me, one for the hubby and kiddo. They love their carbs and I won't deprive them. If they want to eat keto, they have to decide for themselves. Hoping my kiddo comes around one of these days...

My goal weight (for now) is 120 and I am 5'4"

I have been eating keto on and off for almost 2 years, but I never have really committed to it for more than a few days at a time. Basically, I just get over the keto flu, get into ketosis, lose five pounds then eat a bowl of pasta. So obviously, that doesn't work. Sticking to it 100% as of yesterday. I am hoping having some keto buddies will help me stay away from the carbs until the cravings go away.
  • Misspropa
    Options
    Basically, I just get over the keto flu, get into ketosis, lose five pounds then eat a bowl of pasta. So obviously, that doesn't work. Sticking to it 100% as of yesterday. I am hoping having some keto buddies will help me stay away from the carbs until the cravings go away.

I am so with you on this one :/ Damn pasta!

• auntneen
    auntneen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Jen. I've been eating paleo (relatively LC compared to the standard diet) for the last 3+ years and have done LCHF on and off for the last year. I'm looking to re-lose about 30 lbs. My goal is 140 lbs but I plan on measuring in inches for the most part and only taking a look at the scale when I've seen lots of progress. The fluctuations discourage me too much. I have no problem staying away from breads, pasta, cakes, cookies, etc because I can't do gluten. My killer is SWEETS. Once I get past the first couple of weeks I'm generally good but it's been a while. I knew it was time when my 85 y/o grandma said to me, "your wedding pictures are over there, you know, when you were thin." I wanted to cry. I don't even feel comfortable in my own skin anymore. Hoping for lots of motivation and tips to make it work.