Chat & Accountability Aug 1 - Aug 8. Let's get moving!

Options

Replies

• howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm right here John! :smile: We had a great day yesterday up at Lake Erie. The wife and I also had a victory food wise yesterday. We started out with our normal breakfast at home but the rest of the day would be eating out. We had a piece of grilled chicken for lunch with some coleslaw(KFC) then for a snack a couple pieces of fruit. For dinner we each ordered a sandwich one was not as healthy but the other was just turkey so we split each and had a salad. Stayed well with in the calorie guidelines and had a great day. Driving and being out is a real trigger for both of us so I'm really happy we did well.

Yesterday was a day off for exercise but got my first 4 miles of the day in this morning on the bike and burned 494 calories.
  • howie6267
    Options
    Love the pics by the way. I will have to try and remember to snap one on my ride home this evening. And yes Heronh I think that counts for moving and then some.
  • howie6267
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Was just testing the picture upload didn't know we could add in full images in a post. This is just me in my yard not from a ride but same diff. lol. da0velwg7v6c.jpg
  • leopardprintaholic
    leopardprintaholic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So fun to see what everyone looks like! Okay Kids, I moved my moneymaker with great zeal & logged 10,000 steps on the treadmill today while singin' along to The Cars radio on Spotify. B) Favorite 'trotting tune' of the day: "What I Like About You" by The Romantics. Been hitting my macros, drinking 120 oz of H2O & resisting the urge to get on the scale! Life's Good! Xoxo ~DebSue
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    A short walk yesterday after work. Nothing special or as interesting as DebSue's treadmill walk. :smile:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks, did my Morning 100 this morning to the tune of "Bad to the Bone" George Thorgood.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=X9FyQNx8oyU
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Howie, good for you for making the good food choices, it's hard when you are on the road and eating out. I try to have snacks ready to go, that way if I know we are going to be out for a while We have something to munch on and make it home for a meal of its possible.

I walked and gardened yesterday, no music just podcasts.

My plan is after gardening to take the dogs for long walk then kettle bell. Let's hope I stick to the plan.
    Oh I started my 1st day on the hormone cure WOE but have to redo it because Arturo ate sausage. First 3 days is fish only. Got a little annoyed with him Yesterday because I told him not to and he either forget or didn't listen. Oh well.

This must be meant to be because sprouts(grocery store) was having a sale on wild Alaskan salmon 8.99/lb. Beautiful fillets! Deep colors, the colors that farmed salmon probably don't have the dye for lol. Still doing I.F and fiber smoothie because I like it, not having to worry about an extra meal is great!
  • howie6267
    Options
    Good going everyone on moving. It feels great to be back in the grove. Here is a pic from along the river on my ride today. jzzjkhyn4n9w.jpg
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Hellloooo, My fellow fab "Movers & Shakers"! Got the moneymaker movin' for 5 miles while listening to The B52's radio. The speed of my lil feetsies moving, seems to be in direct correlation to the beat of the tunes, I've discovered! Lol :) Today's fave 'trotting tune' was: "A New Sensation" by INXS. Hugs & Cheers to you all. Muah! ~DebSue
  • howie6267
    Options
    Forgot to say 12 miles today and listening to Norah Jones.
  • leopardprintaholic
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Awesome, Hammer & Howie! I adore hearing what folks are listening to while shakin' their tailfeathers :smiley:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks, did my morning 100 yesterday and then my efficient exercise program in the evening, lifted 8,215lbs in roughly 32 min. That ended a 6 week run on the "Body by Science" protocol. I have to say I like it. It is a great process for lifting and time management. Has the potential to keep you very strong at minimum and more likely make most folks stronger over time, but with only a half hour or so of lifting per week.
    Allllllllll righty folks lets keep it moving got tail feathers and money makers to shake, lets get the loose change out of our socks folks! Time to roll!
    PS Deb Sue gonna up my morning 100 next week to the morning 150 Gonna add 5 sets of 10 pushups done around my 4 sets of 25 Body weight Squats. Gonna do em every day.

• jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Laundry and packing last night and tonight so not much else in the way of 'moving'. Wait, does going up and down the steps a bunch count DebSue? :wink:
  • heronh
    Options
    Long walk yesterday, did a few minutes of body weight exercise. Did not get to kettlebell. Today definitely gonna do a kettle bell workout.
    I've been feeling very tired the past couple of days. Had a longer sleep last night hope that helps.
  • heronh
    Options
    Yay did my workout! Drenched but happy! :D
    Tomorrow is going to a challenge. Going to the Oakland A's dog day. We go every year with our dogs but this year Kira is not going. The car ride stress her out too much now that she is old.
  • howie6267
    Options
    A dog day at the baseball park sounds wonderful. Usually around here that means dime-a-dog night not bring your dog. Lol I got my 12 miles in and one hour of cardio one in the same. Hope everyone else is doing well today.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Thursday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you. Got $60.000 of new resistance training equipment requested for next years budget, yesterday. See if we can get it approved, our weight machines are over 25 years old. Past their point of useful lifespan. Oneof the items I requested is an ARX Omni machine modified for wheel chair athletes. arxfit.com/products/
    Your tax dollars at work.

Shaking and moving today last day of work this week, got my Follow up MRI tomorrow, then Doc appt later this month. Hopefully still cancer free.

Heron - Good o lass!

Jen - Have a good Trip

Deb Sue doing my morning squats to the news this morning.

Work Hard, Have Fun but above all B Koo-EL!

• howie6267
    Options
    I hope to hear good report from your doc John. I got my 12 miles in today did most of it in the evening after work didn't get out at lunch time. here is a pic from my ride today with the beautiful Longaberger basket in the background above the trees.. l8aepec629km.jpg
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Believing God for a "CANCER FREE" report, for you Hammer!

Howie, I'm still attempting to master my '62 Schwinn Hollywood (& not run into things), so I stand in complete AWE of your biking prowess. Awesome!

Today I listened to two older Fat2fitHQ podcasts while on the treadmill (both about CarbNite). The $maker was not moving at the same clip as when I listen to upbeat music, so tomorrow I believe I will have a date with Huey Lewis & The News. B)
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Heron, I re-listened to you & Arturo's podcast today ... So enjoyable! I can never thank you & the whole gang here for your generosity of heart & information. Such a blessing.

Xoxo's go out to My Girl, Jen (Slim) <3