What will be your "Goliath" today?

Options
flatlandrunner
flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Not sure if anyone else is facing this with summertime but the fair has arrived in town. Normally I skip it bc the fair is nothing but a money grab ($15 just to walk the grounds?!?!)

But my nephew really wanted to go with my dad and I so we are lacing up and going to the fair where my role will be to watch them have fun and hold their stuff because rides make me barfy.

But the ride-forgoing is not the issue; the food is the problem. Deep-fried, battered, crispy EVERYTHING!!! Did I mention I'm a fat kid at heart and LOVE deep fried anything?! Pickles and donuts and corndogs OH MY!

Now since I don't hit these events up often I am allowing myself: 1 corndog and 1 bag of mini donuts for bad treats.

(following this weekend will be a fat fast to get back to keto)

What "Goliath" will you be faced with today or this weekend?

Have a fantastic Saturday all!

--
Dana

Replies

• fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ice cream ice cream ice cream

mama loves her some ice cream- i usually have no issues avoiding it/ saying no- but the summer always gets me- so last night i had 1 scoop of sweet frozen delish- which wasnt as good as i thought it would be so may be easier next time to say no-

: )
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well, it won't be my Goliath today, but it is usually my Goliath: French fries. We went out to eat last week and I thought I would splurge and have a cheeseburger (with the bun--I usually order it without) and fries with a side of ranch dressing. It was a mistake. I felt awful! I felt pudgy and had an upset stomach. I love fries, but I think with the bread and the potatoes, my body kind of freaked out. Lesson learned: what used to be a treat will now make me feel sick! From now on, if I am tempted by fries, I will have one from my husband's plate, but that's it. No orders of my own.
  • Tanklan
    Tanklan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My "goliath" is just getting through my first day not cheating! I've completed my food journal and now I am going to brush my teeth! :)
  • tracy0919
    tracy0919 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @fludderbye - we have an ice-cream fest going on in town this weekend. I told my husband no way. No good can possibly come from that :D
  • Misspropa
    Misspropa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My Goliath was also making it through my first day. I didn't think it'd be an issue, but I'm so insane at work that I do worry about my willpower. I made it! :)
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My Goliath is chocolate. I'm a stress eater and that is my go to food. Once I get into it it's not so hard, but getting started!!!!!!
  • Misspropa
    Options
    My Goliath is chocolate. I'm a stress eater and that is my go to food. Once I get into it it's not so hard, but getting started!!!!!!

I'm following the meal plans from ibreathimhungry.com & she has chocolate roped into the dessert every day ;)

• knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Haven't looked at that website yet. Thanks! My problem is I don't stop with a serving. I'll eat the whole thing/package.
  • Misspropa
    Options
    I hear you on that :) I've managed to stop at 2 squares but I could see the potential for bad things.
  • tracy0919
    tracy0919 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today was like a birthday; I found a dark (85%) chocolate that I can have a square of and it is 4 carbs and 5 fat ... and it was good! Now the goliath: trying to get more fat into my diet while keeping down the protein somewhat. The carbs: 10-20 - no problem. But that fat . . . @Misspropa, I'm going to look at that website!