new to group, 4 weeks postpartum! would love some mommy friends!

Options
LeslieR29
LeslieR29 Posts: 3 Member
i had my first baby via c section 4 weeks ago and am currently struggling with exercise restriction, weight loss, and acceptance of my new c section scar and accompanying shelf. would love to get in touch with other moms in similar situations for support and motivation! thanks ladies :)

Replies

• carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby! My second little one is 3 1/2 months old now. I did not have a c - section, but feel free to add me if you would like some support from a fellow mom!
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there, congrats on your new baby!
    I've had 2 c-sections and then one vaginal birth and I have a nice little shelf right above my scar that I'm hoping to shrink. I have just started getting myself into health mode. My little guy is 8.5 months old and I only started on my weight loss journey 3.5 months ago. So far, I've lost 13lbs which averages about 1lb a week. That is only with eating healthier and not much exercise. I still allow myself treats so that I don't go all crazy. I am hoping to kick it up now with some exercise and now I need some friends to keep me honest and motivated.

I know accepting the scar can be tough, but it is hardly noticeable once its all healed. I can barely see mine and its below the bikini line so its not noticeable (if you're self conscious about it). I think of it as my mommy trophy!

I've seen plenty of moms lose their shelves so I'm hoping I can be one of them. We can do this!!
  • erinrae1980
    erinrae1980 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Congrats!! I just had my 5th child 5 weeks ago :smile: I had to have an emergency C-Section all my others were vaginal. i had lost 32 pounds before getting pregnant, I still have around 6 pounds to lose to get back to pre pregnancy then I will be back on my orignial journey. I too am struggling with all the restrictions None of which my Dr told me about I researched them online . I've started by just setting my goals small with eating healthy. also holding myself accountable by tracking and blogging on here every day. The scar don't bother me I already had huge stretch marks from my first pregnancy 16 years ago. my kids like to talk about who's stretch marks are who's, so this little one will have his own to talk about :smile: I call them the scars of my future battles :wink: The shelf however i'm still getting used to :( . Looking forward to knowing everyone here I need friends that are accountable and motivated.
  • triciabell13
    triciabell13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just had my first baby 5 weeks ago, I am definitely struggling with not being able to workout and my body image. I have always been active and not being able to do much is killing me! I have been taking walks when I can and just starting back up on FP, I am hoping to find the motivation and encouragement I need on here with the ladies in the same boat as me.
  • dmbfan22
    dmbfan22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congratulations! I had my 2nd C-section 4 weeks ago too! Please feel free to add me-I need motivation.
  • Kar621
    Kar621 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had my first baby 2 months ago. I just started dieting about 2 weeks ago and working out about 3 times a week. Unfortunately, I gained 75 lbs with through the pregnancy! I lost 25 lbs just after having him, and an additional 12 since. That leaves me 38 lbs to go. Before I even got pregnant I was about 15 lbs heavier than I am used to... so I'd like to lose 53 lbs. Sounds so ridiculous. I'm taking it one day at a time and really hope to get where I want to be and actually feel good in my own skin. Add me! I'm on this site everyday logging in my diet
  • tisaunders
    tisaunders Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I'm 7 almost 8 weeks pp with my second baby. I'm sad to say a couch potato but with my oldest being 6 and was so worried that people would make fun of me while pregnant with baby #2 thinking I was fat instead of pregnant really opened my eyes. This mommy has a goal to lose 65lbs....pre babies, pre wedding, pre move across the U.S. Add me, I'll need all the motivation, support
  • jctk0419
    jctk0419 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nearly 4 months ago, I gave birth to my first child via emergency cesarian. I successfully lost the weight I had gained during the pregnancy, but I've been stuck at my pre-pregnancy weight for a while (I've been 145 for months even before I got pregnant). I'm 4'10", so I'd like to lose 30 pounds to get down to a normal BMI for my height, as well as retrain myself on how to deal with what I perceive as hunger but might really be thirst...or being able to wait until the next meal to eat rather than reaching for a snack if it's an hour or less away (or basically managing snacks wisely). I'd like to develop healthy habits for myself so I can teach my daughter through example. It starts by being conscious about what I'm eating, when, and why, since I've been mindlessly eating for so many years.

I want to see what I can lose by my next annual physical.
  • 3473Liz
    3473Liz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also 4wks PP. Feel like its going to be forever before I'm myself again.
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    So I am not due for another 10 weeks with my second, but joined this group almost two years ago after having my first child (a boy) via c-section. My daughter will be born via section too (sept 16- all booked!) I was 10 lbs overweight when I got pregnant the first time, and never got back down to prepreg weight... I was an additional 12 lbs overweight (22 lbs overall!) when I got pregnant this time... That's a lot on a 5 foot frame :( would love to follow this thread as a reminder to be mindful after delivery this time (I did too much too soon last time and impacted my recovery) but also following for inspiration!!! I have the "shelf" as well as a tummy covered in stretch marks from my first pregnancy... Would love some body positive inspiration and will be sending some friend requests :)
  • stephmofo
    stephmofo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 4 weeks post partum too and had my second one by vbac, which was a bit more traumatic than the c section! I am still sore and need to lose 65 lbs now since I hadn't lost the weight from the first one. Its going to take forever and I have no idea how I am going to bring a baby and a 20 month old across the parking lot into the gym! I can only go grocery shopping on the weekend.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Im due in 6 weeks and hoping for a Vbac (Stephmofo - more tramatic doesnt sound good! lol). I will hopefully be joining you all soon and get back fit/slim!
  • kistyjohambybarnes
    Options
    I'm 8 months pp and have had a hard time losing even though I've been running, lifting, walking, and eating healthy! Finally this week 5lbs is gone (first since having her!!) You can add me if you want :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My third baby is 15 months now and I'm still not back to pre-pregnancy weight! It takes ages! It took me 20 months after my 2nd to be where I wanted, but that was losing the baby weight and some extra, so it's taking me longer this time.

I had all 3 of mine vaginally, so I don't know what it's like to have had a c-sec. I've been very lucky and have never even needed stitches, so vaginal births aren't always traumatic.

I'm really into exercise, and I have 3 very active kids, so I hope I'll be where I want to be by Xmas.

Feel free to add me mummies :)
  • Carol_OTB
    Carol_OTB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just gave birth to my first little angel 1 week ago via unexpected c section. I gained 36 lbs in my pregnancy and still have 23 to go. Have to wait for dr approval to get moving again in 5 weeks but trying to get back on track with a healthy diet again while making sure I eat enough to feed my little one. Feel free to add me I need more mommy friends.
  • loops03
    loops03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little angel! Mine will
    Be 8 weeks this Thursday. It's been a challenge losing the weight but it takes time. I gained a lot of weight as well m, 75 lbs!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I had LG 5 weeks ago by vbac, no time for any drugs or gas and air and all went well. I found the worst part the stitches! (Which I did need gas and aid for!) But have healed well and found the birth much better than c section. I'm so pleased I tried.

I've just got a Fitbit zip and making sure I get my steps in. Plan to start jillian Michaels DVDs in about a months time.

I desperately need some new clothes so at beginning of Nov I'm going to treat myself.

I have about 15lb to lose to ideal weight and tone up. I gained 21lb when pregnant and lost 15lb straight away, so about 7lb to pre preg weight then a little more.

I will send some friend requests,

Helen
  • jos82
    jos82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    congrats everyone! my little guy is almost 7 weeks old and ive got 10lbs to get to pre pregnancy 20-ish to get to goal