NSV

Options

Replies

• TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    Love the progress pictures Tinker! You are doing great!!
    Thanks!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The secretary at work asked me if I did a lot of situps because my stomach is so flat :D
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    TN_Tinker what a great job on the progress pictures...Be very proud!!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    gardendoc wrote: »
    I love this topic to enjoy our NSVs. My family doctor's office called with my latest A1c results. Pre-surgery (3/9/15) 7.1 and staring directly at diabetes, today 4.7!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you.....I have been out of surgery for over a year (almost a year and half) and my A1c has stayed below 5.0.

• TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    TN_Tinker what a great job on the progress pictures...Be very proud!!
    Thank you!
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I tried on my wedding rings and they fit! I hadn't been able to wear them for about 10 years.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Athollass wrote: »
    Yesterday I tried on my wedding rings and they fit! I hadn't been able to wear them for about 10 years.

That is FABBY!! I had that happen... and then I lost another 35 pounds and I can't wear them again because they are too loose (oops!). No big, though. I'm still happy! :)
  • ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah... my rings are too loose as well. Keep trying to talk my hubby into getting me new ones when I reach goal! He's not falling for it though. Lol
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    r9wwbu419o3x.jpg

Yesterday was the start of my last week in my fifth month post op (or 25 weeks, LOL). I took some photos and measurements because the scale was messing with me. I am ok with my progress. It's still a long way until I am done and it frustrates me not to be able to tell my body where to lose it from, but hey, it's ok.

Better than ok. It's working.

Jan
  • nilklynn
    nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Holy moly Jan! Look at the difference. That is amazing. This is my inspiration for the day. Way to go!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Jan awesome job! Hang in there, it will all work out!
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Thanks Nilklynn! I have a hard time looking at those early photos. Man, I could hardly stand upright.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That so great! all the progress!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    you are looking fabulous! Way to go!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    ADF108 wrote: »
    Yeah... my rings are too loose as well. Keep trying to talk my hubby into getting me new ones when I reach goal! He's not falling for it though. Lol

Took me several years to get the husband to size them up as I gained a lot in the first few years of marriage. Wasn't until I started college (age 35, married 17 years and without the rings for about 15) that he got them sized as an anniversary gift. Said he didn't want me going to college without my rings. :-) Now they are way too big and need to go the other way again. He's ready, but I'm wearing substitute rings until I'm really done losing, then I will ask for them to be resized again.

• DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Great work Jan - keep it up.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »

Took me several years to get the husband to size them up as I gained a lot in the first few years of marriage. Wasn't until I started college (age 35, married 17 years and without the rings for about 15) that he got them sized as an anniversary gift. Said he didn't want me going to college without my rings. :-) Now they are way too big and need to go the other way again. He's ready, but I'm wearing substitute rings until I'm really done losing, then I will ask for them to be resized again.

I had to move my wedding ring to my middle finger as I lost weight. I remember a basketball practice where I passed to one of the girls and my ring flew off as I made the pass. It made a loud clinking sound as it bounced across the gym. Luckily, it didn't disappear and we were able to find it, but that's when I switched fingers.

When I hit goal, it was a very satisfying day to get my ring resized. It went down 1.5 sizes and fits great now!

When you are ready, you'll enjoy the resizing as another chance to visualize how far you have come!

Rob
  • Athollass
    Options
    Way to go Jan! You look great!
  • Athollass
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    Athollass wrote: »

That is FABBY!! I had that happen... and then I lost another 35 pounds and I can't wear them again because they are too loose (oops!). No big, though. I'm still happy! :)

I thought about that too. As I gained I had them enlarged then gained more and couldn't wear them. Maybe I should have kept them their original size.
  • Athollass
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hmm, that's a thought. We celebrate our 40th next year maybe my hubby will bite on that. :D