August 3 - Green

Edit: 2 of 27.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    8/3 - green
    3/25
    Streak- 32

@jenthibert - absolutely Chevy green is green. And prayers and good thoughts for your interview. :)

School started yesterday and I took a rest day from the gym. I did walk at lunch, but that's a years long habit. Today is leg day and deadlift is back on the leg program. I am probably skipping dance tonight, I have some back to school stuff to take care of still.
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    8.3 - Green
    1/23

Hit my steps goal and got some good heavy lifting in.

Thanks for the welcome back, y'all!

@bbinoa I feel like compliments from fitness instructors count for double, just sayin. :wink:
    @Laughter_Girl Your profile pic is awesome. Looks like you all had a blast! Who knows? Maybe I will come join you next year! (Although I think I'll be in school - didn't realize the program I'm starting later this month has a mandatory summer session - oops!)
    @jenthibert Sending you the best vibes I got for that interview. And I feel you on what a great group this is!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Aug 3 - Green
    Goal: 1/25
    Streak: 1
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Terrific Tuesday B)

I have been real busy today but finally decided I needed a break at the computer!

@Laughter_Girl Oh I want that day when my hubby is concerned about me losing too much weight :p

@bbinoa I agree when someone notices I'm losing it helps so much to motivate me to do more!

@jenthibert Prayers coming your way - I hope it works to your benefit.

Hey @foxbat2828 are you a pilot? We love to fly!

Are your kids going to public school or private school, @MelissaPhippsFeagins ?
    Our North Carolina kids started back also yesterday. They attend a private Christian school. I never asked if the public school starts at the same time.

@2marsh Congrats on continuing with green and on reaching your step goal!!

@Bruceapple Let's keep that streak going.

I had a great day yesterday with food. I love those days when I am not beating my head against the wall b/c of food, eating, planning & etc.

Goal = 27/31
    Green =2* /31
    Red = 01

Streak goal = 10
    Streak = 2

• jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    August 4 is green so 4/25, thanks to exercise. Would have been over otherwise. Today was definitely slogging. My legs weren't in it to win it.

Thanks for the good vibes all. It will work out the way it's supposed to, but I wish it was over and done!
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Aug 4, green today. Total 4/25.

@jenthibert much luck w the interview! You power walk in there and go get it!!!

I really like this group too. Its really kept my motivation up. :smiley:

Some exciting news tonight... my hubby has let me sign him up for MFP and is giving me full control over his diet. He's an ex - athlete so will probably pop back in shape in some ridiculously short manner, but has had some weight related health issues the last few years. I've done my thing and he's very supportive of me, but I've never pushed him (you know you want to bc you care but you can't unless they want to change too). So I'm hoping he gets a nice initial loss and it gets the ball rolling for him. The quick fixes never work and I'm hopeful this is a life change.for him too
    For now though he's my "project" (feel Like I should insert an evil laugh 'bwahahahaha' here!!!)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 4/26
    Streak: 4/10

It was a short run today.

@2marsh The mud run was a blast. School would be a good reason not to do the mud run with us. The good thing about going all year with school is you'll finish a lot quicker. It'll be so worth it in the end.
    @Bruceapple I know you'll finish strong because you always do!
    @Rebamae Ha! You're funny. Hope you had a fantastic day!
    @jenthibert I know exactly what you mean about your legs. I was moving so slow, but it was too hot to do anything more. Hopefully, our legs will be fully functional for our next run. :)
    @bbinoa I love a good "project"! Your husband will thank you for it later. Wishing him and you all the best!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/4 - green
    4/25
    Streak - 33

Was a bit peeved because after barre class, hubby decided to do chest/triceps instead of legs. I am supposed to do chest/triceps twice this week for Livefit because It's my week spot, but I like getting all my legwork in on Tuesday. We'll do legs tonight and I will be sore on Thursday from working them two days in a row.

@bbinoa I will say it for you. Bwaahaahaa... seriously, good for your hubby. Mine uses mfp to track food, but never gets on the forums. Too much bro science.
  • 2marsh
    Options
    8.6 - Green
    Total: 2/23

Steps goal hit. Best thing about my Fitbit so far is that I'm using long phone conversations as a chance to get those steps in. As someone with a lot of family and friends out of state (moved to MN a year ago), it's a great way to stay in touch and earn more food! (Thanks @Laughter_Girl for that - I think it was actually your enjoyment of a fitness tracker that was a final push to get one.)

@Rebamae Gotta love great food days. So wonderful when it's not such a struggle. Hope you have another one today!
    @bbinoa Yes, guys see results (usually) so fast! I remember when I used to train side by side with a male friend, same effort level and calorie deficit, and he turned into an Adonis in like four months while I slowly made progress. Whaddya gonna do? Great that he's in for it though.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Ahhh, the perils of training with your guy. Have run into similar peeves with my finance, but on balance it's worth it to get that time together when we're so busy. Hope your legs aren't too punished!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Wonderful Wednesday B)
    And I pray that each of you will have a wonderful Wednesday o:)

Goal = 27/31
    Green =3*/31
    Red = 01

Streak goal = 10
    Streak = 3

I will be back to talk when I am ready for a break. That seems to work for me the best!!

Onward and downward we go!! :p
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green today! Woot! Zumba today. That class puts me in an awesome mood!!
    Total 5/25

Hope everyone had a great Wednesday. Heading towards the weekend :smile:
  • jenthibert
    Options
    5/25 Green on August 5. 5 mile walk that felt sluggish but held a good pace. Just tired today for some reason.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Aug 5
    Green
    5/25
  • 2marsh
    Options
    8.5 Green
    Total: 3/23

4ish mile slog helped keep it green despite some really yummy bakery goods brought into the office - they were the "worth it" kind. No regrets!

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday! (And hope you're feeling more energetic tomorrow @jenthibert)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/5 - green
    5/25
    Streak -34 - if I can control myself at the potluck I am going to tomorrow, I am going to deliberately overeat either Friday or Saturday. We are going out with good friends and I am going to eat without worry.

Milestones at the gym tonight. 95 lb on squat and deadlift for 3 sets of 10. I thought that was another week away, but I did it. there's the progress I have been looking for

If you're the praying kind, both of my friend BJ's parents are in the hospital tonight. Her mom fell at dialysis and broke her collar bone; her dad has a collapsed lung and may have had a heart attack. He collapsed going in to see her mom. She's there alone because her husband is sick with a stomach bug and her brother is running a mystery fever so they won't let him or his wife in the ICU. She won't let me come and stay. She says I can help her more by doing her work tomorrow.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Have been sitting here laughing all afternoon @Laughter_Girl. I had to buy a new water bottle for my long slog/walks. I used to use a Camelback years ago but hated how the pack felt like it slowed me down (that's a joke). Anyways I got one of those handheld bottles that straps to your hand and also has a little thing to hold keys, snack, etc. I told you I'm going to end up a travelling convenience store!! Now I've got the gymboss, phone, watch, fitness tracker and water bottle w keys and snacks on my ARMS. Plus my shuffle and headphones. Every seen those 'one man bands' with a man wearing a bads drum, harmonica and playing cymbals with his knees? Yea, me as the slogging version.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green
    total 6/25
    An unplanned rest day. Oh well.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins will keep your friends parents in my thoughts!!
    @jenthibert any more energy?? Tomorrow is the interview, right? Good luck!
    @2marsh a 4ish mile slog is great!
    @Rebamae keep that streak going!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    8.5 & 8.6
    Green: Yes & Yes
    Total 6/26
    Streak: 6/10

I did a little run today. For some strange reason, I couldn't log into the Community section of MFP last night. Weird. Anyway, I missed you folks.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I'm definitely keeping BJ & her entire family in my prayers. When it rains, it pours.
    @jenthibert Hope your energy picked up a little. Wishing you well tomorrow.
    @Rebamae Take all the breaks you need. You're doing great!
    @kirbygirl41 I love that profile pic! Is that your doggie?
    @2marsh I love some delicious baked goods. You've got me thinking about fresh donuts right now. Thanks a lot! :D
    @bbinoa You made me laugh...really hard. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I was most tickled because I HAVE one of those water bottles. I had never seen one before, but I received it for my birthday in March from my colleagues. They each wrote something inspirational on it. I told them I would use it for my half marathon. I was briefly considering doing the international half, but I read I wouldn't be able to take my water bottle into Canada, which bummed me out. Well, we decided to just stay on the US side for the race so I'll be able to use it after all. I was thinking about testing it out this weekend when I run between 7 - 8 miles. My husband is really going to give me a hard time about that. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. We're both going to be some traveling convenience stores. Lol! I love that phrase by the way.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    bbinoa wrote: »
    @jenthibert any more energy?? Tomorrow is the interview, right? Good luck!

Thanks for the good vibes / luck /prayers... Tomorrow at 11!

Still lacking energy today so I took it off and felt guilty so I went a little crazy with housework. Camp is clean and ready for my long weekend. I have Monday off.

@bbinoa, we need a picture of you all decked out!

@Laughter_Girl , what's the farthest you've run? Good luck with your king run this weekend.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins , BJ and family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your a great friend.

Today will be green, August 6, 6/25.