Goals

Options
What are your short term goals? (2-4weeks)
What are your mid term goals? (1-3 months)
What are your long term goals? (3 months-1 year)
What are your lifetime goals?

Replies

• MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Short term: lose 6-10lbs
    Mid term: lose 20lbs by October
    Long term: lose 30lbs
    Lifetime: continue to lose a little more but also start to tone more and gain more muscle! And be able to keep the weight off and learn how to eat healthy.
  • serendil
    serendil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in the exact same boat as you in terms of the amount of weight I want to lose by those dates!

I'm really hoping to learn to live a healthy lifestyle where I'm not counting calories and stressing over what I eat. I got there last year, but something just triggered me to binge eat again. I miss the feeling of confidence that I had then, and a big lifetime goal is to regain and keep it!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    serendil wrote: »
    I think I'm in the exact same boat as you in terms of the amount of weight I want to lose by those dates!

I'm really hoping to learn to live a healthy lifestyle where I'm not counting calories and stressing over what I eat. I got there last year, but something just triggered me to binge eat again. I miss the feeling of confidence that I had then, and a big lifetime goal is to regain and keep it!

Awesome! Let's reach these together!! :)
  • SM_95
    SM_95 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ST - running a 5 k pretty soon and want to get through it and feel proud!
    MT - stop the binge sessions, it's going to take time but my current biggest issue if my lack of control at night!
    LT - have a routine I'm happy with, to be happy with eating in moderation. Not stopping myself eating something if I want it but not feeling guilty afterwards!
    Life - feel happy in my skin! If I want to show a little belly I can and will
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    SM_95 wrote: »
    MT - stop the binge sessions, it's going to take time but my current biggest issue if my lack of control at night!
    LT - have a routine I'm happy with, to be happy with eating in moderation. Not stopping myself eating something if I want it but not feeling guilty afterwards!

Good luck on your 5k, you got this!! And yes nothing is off limits but everything in moderation :)
  • serendil
    serendil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SM_95 wrote: »

I totally get you on the binge sessions! They were my downfall - I'm healthy for most of the day, eating a reasonable amount of calories, then BAM at night I go crazy. I've more or less stopped in the past few weeks, but I still get the occasional urge :(

And yes to feeling happy in your skin :) that should be on all of our goal lists.
  • SirKalel
    SirKalel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lifetime: continue to lose a little more but also start to tone more and gain more muscle! And be able to keep the weight off and learn how to eat healthy.

I am with ya!

ST: 10-20 lbs.
    MT: 35 lbs. (vacation at the end of September... Lofty but doable)
    LT: 80 lbs.
    LIFE: live actively and prevent huge gains/losses. I will always fluctuate but see it and correct BEFORE i am 10-20 pounds down the slippery slope. Want to be here for my wife and want to be comfortable with myself consistently. :smiley:
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    SirKalel wrote: »

I am with ya!

ST: 10-20 lbs.
    MT: 35 lbs. (vacation at the end of September... Lofty but doable)
    LT: 80 lbs.
    LIFE: live actively and prevent huge gains/losses. I will always fluctuate but see it and correct BEFORE i am 10-20 pounds down the slippery slope. Want to be here for my wife and want to be comfortable with myself consistently. :smiley:

Cool! Let's do this together! :) how long have you been married?
  • SirKalel
    SirKalel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    serendil wrote: »

Hang in there! Lifestyle habits take time to develop. If you need a pick me up, we are here for you.
  • brinit
    brinit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ST: 10 lbs.
    MT: 25-30 lbs. by Thanksgiving, when I will host for one week some never before met half siblings.
    LT: 70-80 lbs.
    LIFE: Quit binge eating, keep up with the running/hiking, consistently do the yoga and body weight sessions, keep up the positive self-talk and stop comparing myself to others. I actually love me.
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    brinit wrote: »
    ST: 10 lbs.
    MT: 25-30 lbs. by Thanksgiving, when I will host for one week some never before met half siblings.
    LT: 70-80 lbs.
    LIFE: Quit binge eating, keep up with the running/hiking, consistently do the yoga and body weight sessions, keep up the positive self-talk and stop comparing myself to others. I actually love me.

Great goals! And and that's really exciting but I bet kind of nervous that you get to meet your half siblings :) Love you for who you are! Struggled with that my whole life! Finally starting to get better :)
  • crucibleofwill
    crucibleofwill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Short term: lose those 12 lbs that I've gained back
    Mid term: reach goal weight of 190lbs: 22 to go!
    Long term: bulk / cut cycles to gain lean body mass.
    Lifetime: constantly set goals to improve myself and be more active. Try the things my lack of fitness have kept me from: kayaking trips, backpacking trips etc.
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Short term: lose those 12 lbs that I've gained back
    Mid term: reach goal weight of 190lbs: 22 to go!
    Long term: bulk / cut cycles to gain lean body mass.
    Lifetime: constantly set goals to improve myself and be more active. Try the things my lack of fitness have kept me from: kayaking trips, backpacking trips etc.

You will for sure reach these goals doing the p90x program! Just keep at it :) also hope this group helps you stay motivated!
  • till115lbs
    till115lbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ST: make working out a habit, stop eating sweets
    MT: lose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving
    LT: stay fit and love working out
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What are your short term goals? (2-4weeks) - Lose 8 - 10 lbs for Electric Zoo!
    What are your mid term goals? (1-3 months) - Lose 10 - 15 lbs Get back to where I started in December 2014
    What are your long term goals? (3 months-1 year) - Lose 15 to 20 lbs
    What are your lifetime goals? I want definition in my abs and I want to be lean sexy and a motivation to others!

go to www.facebook.com/focust101 to check out my fitness page!

5535495.png
  • daisy888mfp
    daisy888mfp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Short term: lose 10-12 lbs by September
    Mid term: hike a 14er
    Long term: get under 200 lbs
    Lifetime: be more active, be more conscientious of what I eat, reduce my portion size, be a role model for my younger siblings.
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Short term: lose 10-12 lbs by September
    Mid term: hike a 14er
    Long term: get under 200 lbs
    Lifetime: be more active, be more conscientious of what I eat, reduce my portion size, be a role model for my younger siblings.

Awesome! I don't hike so what's a 14er?
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Short term: 8 lbs (2 lbs/wk for 4 weeks)
    Mid term: 25 lbs (8 lbs/mo for 3 months)
    Long term: 30-35 lbs to get me to a final weight of 130-135lbs by end of November (timing will work out perfectly by my birthday --not intentional!)
    Life long goal: maintain 130-135 lbs through healthy eating and consistent activity; try to tone abs to minimize c-section pouch; being able to swim with my little ones without feeling utterly embarrassed about my body!)
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Short Term: 12lbs/3lbs a week for 4 weeks
    Mid Term: 30lbs/10-12lbs a month
    Long Term: 100lbs
    Lifetime: Learn what my body needs/doesn't need in order to maintain my long term loss goal of 100lbs. And to no longer be the heavyset friend/sister/cousin...etc.
    :sweat_smile:
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options

Short Term: 12lbs/3lbs a week for 4 weeks
    Mid Term: 30lbs/10-12lbs a month
    Long Term: 100lbs
    Lifetime: Learn what my body needs/doesn't need in order to maintain my long term loss goal of 100lbs. And to no longer be the heavyset friend/sister/cousin...etc.
    :sweat_smile:

Awesome goals!! :)