Thank goodness for _________ on this way of eating (WOE)...

Options
Shirataki noodles! (AKA Miracle Noodles).

I love, love, love noodles in all their glorious forms but being so carb-laden I had to avoid them. But since Shirataki noodles are almost entirely carb-free, I can once again enjoy making keto-versions of some of my fave dishes again!

What food are you glad you discovered on this WOE?

Replies

• CSO50364
    CSO50364 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    MCT oil and grass fed Butter! I had no idea that I was so deficient in fat consumption, the right kind, anyway. I also have a stevia plant growing in the garden that I will be using for those, " give me something sweet NOW moments!"
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder and cinnamon!

I like to make chocolate truffles with coconut oil. Or I'll mix some into plain yogurt and make a chocolate pudding
  • CSO50364
    Options
    What are Shirataki noddles and where can I find them?
  • flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodle are made from a kind of yam, are cased in water (at my grocer) and are sometimes called miracle noodles :) Here's an online source for them http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/shirataki-noodle-c-132_936_998.html?gclid=CLqA8tyJl8cCFQZbfgod2F4AzQ
  • CSO50364
    Options
    Thanks! I'll see if I can find them locally.
  • Misspropa
    Misspropa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They're in my refrigerated veggie section at my grocery store. Super yummy!
  • CSO50364
    Options
    Ok, thanks, I'll check it out.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    you need to rinse them VERY VERY well- they have a funny smell when you open the bag do not worry rinse them and they taste good LOLOL
  • flatlandrunner
    Options
    fludderbye wrote: »
    you need to rinse them VERY VERY well- they have a funny smell when you open the bag do not worry rinse them and they taste good LOLOL

oh my yes!! Do NOT just eat them or toss them at food straight from the pkg; rinse the heck out of them (and I prefer to let them simmer with sauce a bit to really take on some flavour)
  • CSO50364
    Options
    I haven't looked yet, but this "smelly stuff" is sounding more interesting. Ha! Ha!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    CSO50364 wrote: »
    I haven't looked yet, but this "smelly stuff" is sounding more interesting. Ha! Ha!
    Ditto!

• Schmeggly80
    Schmeggly80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok please someone tell me how to make yummy shiritaki noodles because I keep trying and and failing (gagging).
  • flatlandrunner
    Options
    So what I do is drain the noodles from the water (which is what smells), and then rinse them and then simmer along with whatever they will be served with for at least a couple minutes. Then they take on the flavour of whatever they simmer with :)
  • Schmeggly80
    Options
    Maybe I will try again. I have rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and then rinsed some more. Did I mention I have drained and rinsed?? :p Then tried simmering them in stock/broth, simmering in hot sauce, simmering with herbs... but it has been a few years so maybe I should give them another go. I do miss noodles. Anyone know how zoodles (zucchini) noodles are? I don't know if I should spend money on a spiral slicer to make them or not.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love my spiralizer. I make zucchini noodles, salt them and let them weep, then rinse and squeeze out excess water. I boil them for 2 minutes -tops- and they are divine! Best $15 I've spent in a long time!
  • Schmeggly80
    Options
    KarlaH9801 wrote: »
    I love my spiralizer. I make zucchini noodles, salt them and let them weep, then rinse and squeeze out excess water. I boil them for 2 minutes -tops- and they are divine! Best $15 I've spent in a long time!
    Thanks! I might pick one up on the weekend.
  • Schmeggly80
    Options
    Sea Snax - Chipotle!!! Totally satisfies my crunchy/salty cravings with basically zero carbs and very few calories. Love it!
  • 1Dianespacil
    1Dianespacil Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds:)
  • heelsup
    heelsup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jacks turkey sticks! Spiralized zucchini with butter And parmesan! Mmmmmmm