Snaps' Summer 6 Week Challenge

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
Hello fellow 5:2ers. I am posting this early because I'm not sure if I will make it online on Monday.

Monday starts Snaps' Summer 6 Week Challenge...

Confession, I was going to fluff my whole summer and start again in September, but some lovely members have given me the courage to keep it up this summer. Summer has been difficult for me. Too many snacks and no calorie counting. And last week I didn't even fast :o

Okay, so goals for summer challenge;

1. count my calories (all of them)
2. be more active
3. make my 2 fasts in the week

Good luck everyone!!! We can do this!!

Replies

• aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Im going to try and join you!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Thanks, Snaps :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Oh Snaps, I'm so where you are right now!

I'm in on the fasts and the exercise. Not sure I will count on all days. It has been messing with my mind...

Instead of counting listening to hunger signals and less cal dense snacks would be my goal.

This week off and on the go too much. Fast train is leaving my station on the 10th!
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the 6 week challenge! 1st fast day is today. Over the next 6 weeks, my goal is to stay within my calorie goal (M-Sat), include two 500 "fast days" per week, and have 3 workouts per week.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Hey all, glad to see all of you here. Today is the first day and I am fasting. First fast in a while (it has only been a week and it feels like I've been off forever). Not happy with the way I feel physically and emotionally today, but I am doing great with my fast...only a 28cal tea so far. My next fast will be either Thursday or Friday. My biggest challenge will be to stay within my maintenance calories the rest of the week (here's to logging because I am terrible at listening to my body). Oh and a bit of a 'mantra' for myself "Nobody controls my emotions but myself"....BREATHE!! Oh and "I can't control other people's emotions either"!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    This first week and a half will be a challenge because I'm traveling with my family in our trailer. Lots of spontaneity which isn't good for me when it comes to watching my weight. I plan to continue with my Tues/Fri FD. Exercise will be nil, but I'm not worried about it as we are on the go. If an EOD schedule presents itself, I may jump on it. My goal is to maintain until I get home then ramp it up. Good luck everyone!!!
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Heyyy my first fast day today. Ive done it last year but im finding it harder this time around. My issue is i dont stick to things and despite getting results and feeling better in myself i stopped fasting.
    anyhow started the morning off well hope to stick to my 500 cals. I have a few parties to attend in betwen so next fast day will be Friday.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Today is my regularly scheduled FD. I have no concept of time on vacation right now, but am planning on sticking to waiting until dinner to eat, and then only eat 500. It will be hard, but I'm surrounded by trees. So if I'm really struggling, I'll just reach for some bark. I'm pretty sure the fiber cancels out the calories :p
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Im so proud!! I made it! I stuck to 500 cals
  • russellma
    Options
    Good job, aniqa109! :)
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Thankyouuu!! Im so pleased with myself because ive been meaning to do a fast day but kept puttinv it off with excuses.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Great job, Aniqa!!
  • russellma
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks, Snaps, for starting this challenge! It really helped yesterday, since it gave me a good reason to force myself into a workout last night to make up for the extra calories (can you say DQ Ice Cream Cone?!) I ate yesterday. Normally, this would be my 2nd fast day, but this week's schedule is different than normal, so I'm pushing it back to tomorrow. I went ahead and logged my weight today, since my last fast was Monday, and had a nice loss of 1.2 lbs. Yay! :)
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Should have been a fast day but i struggled knowing theres doghnuts at home and lovely food:( so not fastin today
  • russellma
    Options
    That's the beauty of this plan is that is does give a little room for life. Today's my second fast of Week 1 of the challenge. A friend gave us a bunch of green beans, so I'm going to cook those up for dinner a little later with some potatoes and ham, I think. (It's something I can taste test through the day without adding a bunch of calories!) We've also got loads of cucumber, so I'm thinking cucumber salad would be good, too, with just a few cals.
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Sounds nice! Have a nice meal! Although im not doing a FD today im still going to try and stay under my maintenance. Im going to fast tomorrow and twce next week and then weigh! Hoping i can update on here with good news!
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but I'm in!

Today went smoothly as a Fast Day :-)
  • snaps27
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the fiber cancels out the calories :p

Hee Hee

Sounds like everyone is doing well...keep it up. Finished my first fast on Monday with great success, but sadly didn't make my 2nd fast this week. My 'monthly' made me feel really ill. Feeling better today and despite my hiccup I'm down .5lb. Long day tomorrow on a driving trip, but back to my fasting next week. Great 1st week everybody!

Onwards and Downwards...

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Fast train is leaving the station in the morning after 2 weeks of vacation and one week off of fasting. Gazpacho type soup with tuna planned for lunch and dinner, some fresh plums and a high protein jogurt as snacks.

Also starting work with 11 new apprentices tomorrow, so won't be much time to think of food....

Happy Fasting everyone!
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    512cals today!

I'm going M-Sun, so that completes my 2nd fast day for the week
    :-)