2nd go around

Options
JeriAnne84
JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
I'm starting this again on Wednesday (July 15th). My boyfriend said he would do it with me, but he wants to only use 20 lb weights. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Yeah okay. He hasn't worked out a single day since I met him. I told him he should start with what she recommends, but oh no, he doesn't need, "stinkin 3 lb weights". This will be hilarious for me. I'm using 10, 8 and 5 lb weights, which I think will be okay until I get to the warrior 3 pose. Hopefully by then I'm way buffer than where I was the last time I was at that point.

Replies

• beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello my lovely friend! how's your workout going so far, I just recently moved...I want to start again as well but really need to find my DVDs lol. 20 lb weights...is he crazy haha lol!!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    It's not. I started then got minor pancreatitis and had to stop working out. I had pancreatitis 10 years ago and it almost killed me but I caught it early this time so I didn't have to be in the hospital. He didn't start it either and I doubt he will. Which is disappointing because I knew him trying it with 20's would be hilarious.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    haha! yes it definitely would've been. My 5's almost killed me lol. But honey I'm praying for you..I hope things get better love! I'm not too knowledgeable of what pancreatic exactly is, but if you ended up in the hospital I am sure it isn't good.

I found my DVD about 30 minutes ago ..I did 7 the first 7 minutes of Cardio 1 - starting out slow :)

I may wake up early tomorrow morning and do the entire 30, just had to gracefully reintroduce myself to it after almost 6 months :)
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Pancreatitis is pretty awful. I had it before because I had gallstones get stuck in the duct and backed up everything. Basically your pancreas makes enzymes that are released when you eat to help digest food, but the enzymes don't start working until they are in your small intestine. With pancreatitis, they start working while they are in your pancreas still. It inflames the pancreas and is very painful. My doctor described it best, the pain is worst than kidney stones which is suppose to be worse than child birth. And frankly I rather have a child come out of me sideways than have pancreatitis. But I caught it before it got too inflammed so that was lucky on my part!

I hadn't worked out since I ended my first round of Body Revolution back in Feb. lol My sister got me one of Jillian's yoga DVDs for my birthday so I did that before I got sick, and it was alright, but once I'm back to 100% I'm going to start Body Revolution again. I'm really excited for it, except for the wheel pushups that I know are coming. lol
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I actually have gallstones myself. My first episode...I nearly thought I would die smh. The pain was so bad that I was actually thinking about what my boyfriend would tell my mother and how she would more than likely be really upset and blame him smh!!!

Well push-ups sound like death to me lol!! I'm starting fresh on Monday :)
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've decided to do a 2nd go round, I didn't make it past Phase 2 the first time. Starting Monday Nov 2nd, anyone is free to join me, I can use all the motivation I can!
  • eliseinak
    eliseinak Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey WordWhimsy! I started two weeks ago. I'd love to know others are working on things too. The first two weeks were pretty nice. This morning was my first Workout 3 and it was definitely harder, but a good hard. I sure do hope I can keep this up for the full three months!
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great job! So I will probably start tomorrow because I had a few things come up. I could use some toning.