Two weeks since Sleeved

Options
overit75
overit75 Posts: 150 Member
Hi, I was sleeved two weeks ago and am wondering if I should have gotten they RNY instead. I followed the liquid diet for two weeks and then also started the puree today. I am down about 13.5 pounds. Today starting the puree, I almost feel like I haven't had any surgical procedure done, other than I don't feel hungry. Has anyone else ran into this?

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it took a good three weeks before I started seeing any meaningful changes. I was so swollen from IV fluids post-surgery that it took a while to shed all of that excess water weight. Give yourself a bit of healing time, and in the meantime, try to drink as much as you can to help the water shedding process along. I promise, you'll see results.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Once you start eating more substantial things, your sleeve will make itself known. Right now, you are treating your sleeve with kid gloves to promote healing. Don't worry, it is there and will work. Especially when you get to the point of eating more dense protein.

Stay positive, follow your plan and trust the process!

Rob
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yeah, at first it felt like I was able to have more liquid than I expected. I guess because it goes down/through easier. The first 3 weeks were weird, no appetite/interest in food, no real energy. Expect to stall a little bit, too. It happens as your body plays catch-up. It does get better, but do not rush it. I had the RNY, due to pre-surgery reflux issues.
  • happpy3
    happpy3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I felt the same way like you
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Like Rob said trust the process, it's there and when it makes itself knows you will be like oh hey there you are now go back into hiding! LOL! And remember we are all unique individuals - try not to compare, as hard as it is ;) And being down 13.5 is awesome in two weeks - that's my average weight loss per month! (says the girl who tells you not to compare - ha ha ha!)
  • Lornajune
    Lornajune Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on day 11 post op, hw231,sw222 and cw211.4 I am 5'2"
    I will be weighing Monday August 10th in the morning for my 2 week. I weighed myself this morning and so annoying, I'm actually up a pound! I realize this can change in a few days, it's just hard to see after what I've done to my body. I also may start my period on the 10th, & I always gained about 3 pounds. Maybe I won't have a loss this week, that will be hard to handle.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Lornajune - I hear ya, when I experienced my first stall I was so frustrated! But then I realized after the third one this is the way it was going to be - my cycle is real, I loose for five to eight days and then nothing for anywhere from two to four weeks. I am not telling you this to say you are going to be the same or to discourage you - I just want to give you a real life example. We are all different, my weight comes off in steps like a stair case - my fiance' loses everyday for the most part - but at the end of the month we both have lost :) we both feel great :) we both have awesome NSV's to report and share :) we are here for you, getting used to the new you and the new body things is tough at first - I'm still getting used to it all four months out but it's an awesome journey
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Please don't get discouraged! You are doing great! I wish you the very best in your weight loss.
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I appreciate your words of encouragement. I wish you all best of luck on this journey as well!
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, and was feeling glum because I had stalled for a week at six weeks. I went back and charted out my weight weekly since surgery, and realized that I was steadily losing even when it didn't feel like it. That made it all better!