fatigue eating

Options
kldickison
kldickison Posts: 9 Member
I am finding that when I am working to much and I get tired I snack and eat constantly. It is usually bad snack food. I cannot change my schedule. Can anyone recommend a solution to this.

Replies

• simquilts2
    simquilts2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to eat healthy while on the go and working. I made up your chopped veggie salad this week and didn't put any dressing on it. I have used it in a lot of different ways, salads, wrapped in a tortilla, in scrambled eggs, it's great! I think you will have to plan ahead and keep healthy options within reach. I know...that's more work!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I totally get what your saying! I sometimes work 12 hours a day and we have nothing but crap in the break room and ppl are always bringing some kind of baked something or other. What I have started doing is bringing my own snacks like cutup fruit or veggies and some hummus. I'll eat a protein bar or drink a protein shake to keep me full. I have found that since I have been doing this (keep in mind I have only been back to work for a cpl wks now) more ppl are doing the same. The biggest think is taking the time to cut everything up, but it's worth it. Especially seeing others follow suit without even a word.
    I've tried the drinking water thing and it just doesn't do it for me.
    Good Luck! Don't give up, you can do this.
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kldickison wrote: »
    I am finding that when I am working to much and I get tired I snack and eat constantly. It is usually bad snack food. I cannot change my schedule. Can anyone recommend a solution to this.

Maybe some preplanning would help?
    Grapes are sweet and easy to carry around in a ziploc, any fruit for that matter.
    If you are sensitive to your sugar amounts or want more protien, make some meat fries, just bake up some chicken or pork, portion and cut to small pieces and throw into ziplocs.
    Sometimes when we are tired our bodies ask for the carbs for energy cause we know we gotta keep going. I sometimes like a bag of 100 calorie kettle corn, it's sweet, mindless carbs and 100 is actually pretty filling.
    Hope something there helps ya out :smiley: Bottom line, just find replacement snacks that better meet your needs and you can live with.

ETA= by mindless I mean the hand to mouth action of eating when we are doing other things like reading or watching tv. I love bags of chicken for that too.
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I suffer from fatigue eating too and i usually have a baggie of chopped veggies...the quick ones to prepare, like a bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, a couple of baby cucumbers and/or some radishes and when time is short, i buy the bags of baby carrots. Crunchy food helps a lot. Sometimes chewing gum helps too, if it's acceptable where you work. As Rycbar says, planning ahead will help; perhaps you can prepare the veggies ahead of time for the week.
    I have been know to say that if i were a smoker, i'd be a chain smoker! I can crunch through my baggie pretty quickly when I'm stressed. Good luck.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead and remember your overall goals. Put some kind of sticker on your work station to remind you to grab a healthy snack/ water. For example: "each positive choice you make strengthens your resolve to succeed" "Will this snack help me attain my long term goals?"
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a sticky on my computer that I found in a fitness book: EVOLVE - Earn Victory Over Life's Vast Excuses. I liked it so I wrote it on a sticky and put it on my monitor so I would see it :)