Weekend eaters support

Options

Replies

• rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I badly need a weekend challenge! Especially this weekend because we are camping and that always means lots of sitting and drinking and eating. However I will plan to get in 2 long walks and limit the alcohol to 1 bottle of beer or wine cooler a day and pack more fruits and veggies than normal. I CAN do it! Good luck everyone!

Rachel
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Spent some late night hours at the ER with a friend last night, so my head is aching and my eyes are burning with fatigue (whine, whine, poor me and I was just the buddy, not the sick one!). But now it's Friday afternoon and it's going to take a huge dose of focus to stay on the straight and narrow over the weekend. Actually, if i can get through tonight without straying, I'll be ok. So my plan is to grit my teeth and be single-minded about finishing my day, then home, supper, bed. So that's my mantra: "home, supper, bed". Repeat after me. (Can you tell I'm a little punchy?! :wink: )
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am more worried about today than the weekend because I am going to a fair, so of course, they are going to have lots of great food. My plan of attack: take some oven roasted cashews. I hope this works, and I won't be tempted.I totally binged yesterday and am especially bloated right now. I hope I see a good number for the weigh in tomorrow.
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @jjacks1986 I love your dedication and planning!
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If there is something at the fair that you REALLY want, I would find someone to share it with...break off a small amount to enjoy, and give them the rest! I'm not great at resisting those things I only get a chance to eat once a year or so, so that's my way of enjoying without going overboard.
  • simquilts2
    simquilts2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WWnot wrote: »
    Spent some late night hours at the ER with a friend last night, so my head is aching and my eyes are burning with fatigue (whine, whine, poor me and I was just the buddy, not the sick one!). But now it's Friday afternoon and it's going to take a huge dose of focus to stay on the straight and narrow over the weekend. Actually, if i can get through tonight without straying, I'll be ok. So my plan is to grit my teeth and be single-minded about finishing my day, then home, supper, bed. So that's my mantra: "home, supper, bed". Repeat after me. (Can you tell I'm a little punchy?! :wink: )

I'm sure your friend is thankful for your friendship and caring support. Take good care of yourself this weekend, you can do this...home, supper, bed and sweet dreams!
  • simquilts2
    Options
    Ok, the weekend is here. Sunday is birthday celebration, we are bringing in wonderful grilled burritos from a local Taqueria and ice cream birthday cake! My plan is to eat half the burrito and a super small piece of cake, then workout. Fingers crossed, determined to have a successful weekend. ;-)
  • jjacks1986
    jjacks1986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

@jjacks1986 I love your dedication and planning!

thank you! hubby threw a bit of a spanner in the works last night by surprising me with pizza, but I was still within my limit :) I am so used to planning my meals now that I could not even imagine not having a plan lol
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I should never go without coffee. I spilled mine this morning and have been dragging myself around all day. In am attempt to get something accomplished I have been making elder berry syrup. Well, I just I dumped it all over my kitchen scale, oops. Now that the scale is cleaned, it no longer works. So...I popped the battery and have placed it in a bin covered in rice to dry it out. So for now I am back to guesstimating with measuring cups.
  • WWnot
    Options
    mmebouchon - i can't believe that you actually tried to get through the day without coffee!!! My head would explode. :smile:
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I forgot to log creamer for coffee....ever. Did it today, 124 calories. Wow, no wonder I hit a plateau!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    WWnot wrote: »
    mmebouchon - i can't believe that you actually tried to get through the day without coffee!!! My head would explode. :smile:

Ditto
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I could not survive without coffee. Not so much for the perk but its part of my arsenal of tricks for quelling hunger pangs (snacking urges).
  • maximumcutie
    maximumcutie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I actually went out for a run/walk yesterday! Usually I just lazy around all weekend. I also made cookies and didn't eat them all at once. Haha. So far so good this weekend. We'll see how today goes.
  • maximumcutie
    maximumcutie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well my Sunday didn't go great. Hopefully will be at maintenance at least. Gonna have to do some running on the spot during commercials.
  • danielaica
    danielaica Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I could not survive without coffee. Not so much for the perk but its part of my arsenal of tricks for quelling hunger pangs (snacking urges).

YES! Coffe do miracles for for both sleepiness and avoiding cravings
  • danielaica
    danielaica Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's weekend went well!
  • jjacks1986
    jjacks1986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    so, my weekend went almost according to plan - no problems or hick ups woth what I had planned during term day...hubby's pizza surprise on Friday and then an impromptu bbq on saturday (luckily I had some lean meat burgers and chicken sausage from musclefood in the freezer I made for me - and also made grilled courgettes and peppers, mushrooms and shrimp. only had one of the burgers In a little wholemeal bab. I did however, not log the wine...

Both bootcamp sessions were hard woth quite a bit of running and last night when my husband and his boys had bangers and mash, I had chicken sausage, mashed sweet potato and brokkoli :) I am quite proud :)

hope everybody else's weekend went well too!!
  • WWnot
    Options
    My weekend went well too. I hung out at home and got some good gardening done, made it to bed at a reasonable hour each night, had a good run on Sunday morning and afterward spent some time thinking about how to organize myself for the week ahead given that I've found myself in a food rut. After wandering the aisles of my local health food store, i've got interesting and tasty meals planned for the week ahead. This may not shock you...but it sure shocks me!
  • simquilts2
    Options
    Great weekend, celebrating my DD's birthday, she is such a joy in ours lives. And...was successful with my food, ate exactly as planned! Now a new week and hopefully a new weight loss. Have a great new week everyone!