Bruising?

Options
alviar26
alviar26 Posts: 9 Member
Someone on Facebook posted a picture after surgery, his stomach was the color of a plum! Is bruising like that to be expected??

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That is not a normal thing, from my research. I had 6 small incisions which were sealed with glue. No discoloration or bruising
  • alviar26
    alviar26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok good. His whole stomach was one large bruise.
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I only have a little bruising.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I didn't bruise. I have some surgical scars, but I didn't ever get purple. That seems unusual.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    That is not a normal thing, from my research. I had 6 small incisions which were sealed with glue. No discoloration or bruising

mine was the same as ambry, no bruising, just 6 small incisions sealed with super glue, I mean. dermabond
  • inkdm0m
    inkdm0m Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm SO BRUISED up still!
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had an incision site that bled and it caused bruising on my entire stomach that lasted weeks. Did not hurt though. Probably due to the blood thinners they give you. Have seen many photos where people had NO discoloration.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My bruising was all pursuant to 30 days of blood thinner injections - very little from the surgery.
  • lindat98
    lindat98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass on the 20 th July. I got pretty spectacular bruising from blood thinning injections post op. Only minor bruising around a couple of the larger incision sites.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    No not normal small bruising if laparoscopic and even open gastric bypass shouldn't leave such bruising unless there were other issues. Blood thinners which are injectable are often prescribed short term to help prevent clots. These may be given in the abdomen and may cause bruising but if you rotate sites like you should it would be minimal. Either way it's not the norm.
  • velbing
    velbing Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had only minimal bruising at the incision sites. My whole lower abdomen bruised horribly from the blood thinner injections I had in the hospital. At 3 weeks post op, they are just starting to fade
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I had totally forgotten about bruising (because it didn't hurt ). I had 3 days of injections in the abdomen -blood thinners. Those areas bruised. Lasted about 4 weeks. Not pretty, but not problematic.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've still got some minor bruising two weeks out. I had the blood thinners as well. I was actually quite surprised because as fair skinned as I am, I expected a lot more.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had some tiny bruising around one of my incisions. I think the bruising may be caused by actual weight at the time of surgery, the doctor, and just plain genetics. Some people bruise a lot and other's don't. I wouldn't worry about it unless there is pain associated with the bruising.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I only had bruises where I injected the blood thinners.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    f28jcxjol8nk.jpeg
    I had a lot of bruising at incision sites!