Anyone else do one meal a day?

Options
annalisbeth74
annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
I've been LCHF for several months, totally keto for about 2 now, and the past couple of weeks I have noticed a complete lack of interest in food. I have coffee for breakfast, a regular LC lunch, and dinner is now usually a couple handfuls of almonds, just because Im not hungry and I don't feel like eating.

Does anyone else do just one big meal a day? Im not used to not wanting food like this.

Replies

• V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    1 meal a day...mostly just for convenience and inducing sleep. Being in a fasted state is more ideal/comfortable thoughout the day
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in it but am admittedly a bit nervous as I've read that IF can be detrimental for women (that they actually gain weight). I've also read that sometimes they gain for a few weeks and have a large loss at a month, so I might try it for a month
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't care if I only lose once a month, as long as I don't lose any muscle. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.

Thanks!
  • deoxy4
    deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the summer, 2-3 times a week, in the heat. I have not been so interested in food but have kept well hydrated. Summer is the time when I experiment with intermittent fasting. I pick a day where I am not going to exert myself. As long as I get enough electrolytes and minerals, I feel comfortable and focused.
  • LeeSee1027
    LeeSee1027 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thing happen. A high fat, high protein lunch and that's it. I usually start my day with a large ice water with lemon. When I'm doing this right. I'm never hungry. It feel great not to be a slave to food. But it is a little scary too.
  • kinketo42
    kinketo42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im on my third week and really struggling to eat more than 1 meal a day. My problem was/is the high fat was causing me sooo much nausea I just felt better without food. Today I feel better but still trying. I hope it gets better :(
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I do IF most days (16:8 or 18:6) so it's not so much a meal as a window... I call it my nightly feed. :naughty:
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    I do IF most days (16:8 or 18:6) so it's not so much a meal as a window... I call it my nightly feed. :naughty:
    Vampire! Lol

• KetoGirlie
    KetoGirlie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also eat one meal a day usually around 6pm. I'm just lazy and would rather only prepare one meal that's going to be really satisfying. It's also good to exercise in a fasted state.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, pretty much dinner only. I hate the way I feel if I have lunch, sitting at a desk all day. I generally only eat breakfast on weekends because I tend to sleep in (of course some would call that "lunch"). When I get up early for work, I don't have time or energy to choke anything down, it's not appealing and would not be enjoyable. Breakfast usually sets me off to all-day cravings as well. I only exercise on an empty stomach.