August Morning Coffee and Gratitude

Options
mxchana
mxchana Posts: 666 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Well I hope no one minds if I start the new thread - I was just about to post this under July and realized - it's August 1!

So happy August, folks - just want to reiterate how grateful I am for the great support and all the great information from this fantastic group. Also grateful to be officially on my summer vacation! dancing-009.gif

We are starting out the vacation with a bang - get to go see Hershey Felder portray Irving Berlin in his one-man show at the Emerson Cutler Majestic Theatre in Boston. The best part is, we are taking a couple in their late 80's who are very dear to us and are also big fans of the music of Irving Berlin. So we have a great day ahead - great friends, great music and dinner to follow on Boston Harbor!

Belated best wishes to Wanda (bvifun) on your milestone birthday! ~ Kathy

Replies

• DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was the one who started this thread and I have absolutely no problem with someone starting it for a new month if I have not gotten to it yet. (I was off on a tangent for a few days!). I am glad you all like it and want to continue it!

I am grateful this morning for the little learning experience I believe I just had! Someone else mentioned that they have been down the road of weight watchers and spark people. I have also been, over the years, down the roads of low carb, vegetarian, vegan (and would probably still be vegan if I had not married a carnivore), calorie counting, low fat dieting, and even the infamous cabbage soup diet!!! As we know, they all work for a while. Having tried all of those, I think this TDEE with cut is the most exciting information I have seen in a very long time and I am really interested in pursuing this journey. How nice is it at this point in life to be in a group with people who are so motivated and educated and interested in continuing to make the most of our life journey!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kathy for starting the thread for this month. Grateful this group is so proactive <3
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Today I'm grateful I taper one step of the cortisone. Had a raw tomato slice at lunch yesterday. Happy.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    I'm grateful that this week is starting out peaceful! (unlike last week!) Had a lovely day yesterday and got my whole to do list done before lunch. Watched a long movie and relaxed with my foot up in the afternoon. Hoping for a repeat today! lol
  • mxchana
    Options
    So grateful to be on vacation with the love of my life, aka DH. Going to take my 94-year-old dad on a luncheon boat cruise on Lake George today and it is a beautiful summer day! B) ~ Kathy
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Kathy, may I please come join in your vacation? It sounds absolutely splendid!! :)

Happy Wonderful Wednesday to each of you!! B)

I am doing OK just trying to stay patient until I see the Dr. on Tuesday.

I am very disappointed as I was going to spend the whole day with our DD. But, I decided not to as it is a 2 hour drive both ways and I did not want to take the chance of leg hurting, then needing to drive home.
    They moved into a new home (to them) earlier this month. I still have not seen the house with their belongings in it. But, I will!

I am so thankful for family!! <3
  • mxchana
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Reba, I wish you could - yesterday was a picture-perfect day on Lake George: Low 80's, no humidity, blue skies and puffy clouds and what gorgeous scenery! But the best part was what a good time the group from my father's assisted living place had.

There was a singer on board who was fantastic; after lunch my husband and I were first to get up on the dance floor. Once we started, other people joined in (including many of the AL residents) and it turned out to be quite the party! The best part was this ~90-year-old resident who got out on the floor right after us, all by himself, with his walker - and he started dancing. You should have seen his footwork! He was out there most of the time and he was not lacking for partners. When he came back to the table to take a short rest I said to him, "Looking good! Those are some dance moves you've got there" and he responded, "That's what all the girls say." LOL. Later I found out that years ago he was a dancer on the Lawrence Welk show! That just made my day, to see the joy on that man's face as he danced.

So grateful too that my father got out and had such a wonderful day - and I have a video of him dancing with the assistant Activities Director to send to his grandchildren. He has Alzheimer's and today he may not even remember that he was there but, it's all about having joy in the moment. ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Kathy, you gave me an oh wow moment. The dancer and your father, what sweet memories for all involved. Brought tears and a smile to my face.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Thank you for the marvelous share.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Had tomato yesterday, unpureed. All quiet. So happy.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    For all of you Christian prayer warriors would you please pray for our minister's 1 year old son as he had a seizure earlier this morning. As he was being transported by ambulance to the closest hospital he became unresponsive at one point.
    I would appreciate all of your prayers. Thanks o:)
  • sharondtd
    Options
    On the list. Hugs
  • sharondtd
    Options
    So glad we have everything packed and ready to leave at 7 am. And for the new Walgreens neck pillow cuz I think I'll nap in the car. Not sure where dh decided we'd stop today. Think he said Ten Sleep.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Missoula makes more sense than Ten Sleep.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Happy Trails Sharon. I've always had a hard time sleeping in cars. I just enjoy the world passing by too much I guess, keeps me awake.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am grateful to be having some down time in a beautiful spot with nice flat walking trails. We are in Burlington ON...right on the lake front. I can walk so much further in the cool and with no hills.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Sounds lovely too. Glad you're able to get some walking easily done.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for a new day with sun and warmth, and for the energy to ride my bike, which I am going to do here on the shore of Lake Michigan and Muskegon Lake! Rebemae, how is your minister's son? Sharondtd - Missoula or Ten Sheep???? and is that Mississippi? Have a great day everyone!
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Kathy, what a lovely memory you have of your outing! It's the kind of thing that you never forget.

Grateful this morning for my increased energy level! There are things in this house that had not yet been done since we moved back in in February and I am now tearing through them! I FINALLY completed my little art studio and I am ready to paint. I am VERY pleased with how it turned out! In fact, I keep looking at it and thinking its just too pretty to be messing up with paints and canvas! Painting can get messy! lol Today I am going to keep working on the storeroom. You KNOW I have increased energy if I am tackling that project lol
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Very grateful to have only a month left until retirement - Hooray! I am really looking forward to it. (Understatement there). It's exciting to just know I will really have time to myself! I plan to be joining in here more in the future. Hope you can find room for one more in the group. You all seem so well versed in the exercise/weight loss category - I am definitely an amateur by comparison! Been doing MFP for about 6 months now. I track everything and need to progress on exercise now. I do the Leslie Sansone You Tube most days 1 mile first thing when I get up. Walk a lot at work but never record that. Had a knee replacement in 2012 and doing really well. Usually feels like my own. I am rambling so time to end - thanks for "listening".