Options
    Green all week
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!!!

6.6 - Green*
    Total: 4/23

*Full disclosure: Since I'm cool with maintaining or losing VERY slowly at this point, any day that I eat what I burn or less I'm counting as green. But for some reason, it feels safer to leave my MFP settings at "losing 1 lb/week" - feel like it keeps me balanced and eating less on days that I don't have some social event or REASON to eat more. So sometimes my diary shows up red but it's still "green" for my purposes here. Y'all didn't need to know that, but that way I don't feel like I'm fibbing!

Speaking of social events, today is a friend's wedding. Meeting up with old friends before, so the whole day will be an event filled with food and drink. I'm going on a run - I mean slog - this morning, but I don't think I'll log food today. Will try to make reasonable choices, but want to focus on the people and not worry about the counting.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins So sorry to hear about your friends parents. Will definitely keep them in my prayers.
    @jenthibert Hope the interview goes super well today! You probably won't see this until after, though, so hope it went well!
    @bbinoa The one man band image is killing me. Too funny. I don't know what I'm going to do about water for longer runs coming up because I HATE carrying water. When I was training for marathons some years back, I would do the long ones on a 4 mile loop with water bottles stashed in bushes at intervals similar to the race water stations. But I lived in a small town then, so it felt OK doing so. Now I'm smack dab in the middle of a city and there's no way I'm stashing stuff and drinking from it. Maybe I'll need to break down and get one of those hand-bottles!
    @Laughter_Girl What a great gift from your coworkers! I can imagine how wonderful that must be to have with you in the hard training moments.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    8/6 - green, mostly because the entree at the potluck was breaded chicken tenders.
    6/25
    Streak: 35 I did it!!! Over a month in the green. Won't last...there's a giant bacon cheeseburger calling my name. Even though I have no bun, my lunch on Saturday will be 1000 calories.

That stupid potluck meeting wasn't over until 9:30 and I didn't get home until 10:15. I was not happy. I was really not happy when the information that I needed was not available yesterday after all. GRRR...

@bbinoa and @Laughter_Girl I am beginning to think you'll race faster if you just ditch everything except the water. LOL

@jenthibert good luck and positive thoughts for your interview

BJ update: Dad was discharged, mom is still in hospital. Dad is staying in mom's room though because he doesn't want to leave her. That may be the only reason they "let him go". BJ is exhausted. Please keep praying.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone and Happy Fantastic Friday!! B)

Even though I am completely retired I still look forward to Fridays. Why? I have no idea as hubby still works on Saturdays and sometimes on Sundays. But I guess 40+ years of Friday starting the weekend is an old habit to break. :p

@MelissaPhippsFeagins CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome that you did 35 days! o:)
    I wish I knew how to put a cheerleader on here for you.

OK all of us streakers, we have a goal to meet and surpass, right??

@2marsh I hope you enjoy the wedding and fellowship with all of the friends. That sounds like a fun day!
    @jenthibert I hope the interview was a great one for you.

I had a rough day on Wednesday but barely made it a Chevy Green - I am soooo thankful we have that in the plan!!

Goal = 27/31
    Green =5*/31
    Red = 01

Streak goal = 10
    Streak = 5

I would count today green since I am so late, but I know myself too well. I hope this is the motivation I need to stay green the rest of the evening.

So I will see you tomorrow!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins, thanks for the update on your friend's parents. I'm sure she's exhausted but having friends like you to lean on helps. Congrats on the lengthy streak! Well done!

Thanks everyone for the positive energy today! I think the interview went well. She (the interviewer is actually my current supervisor but that's a very new situation) asked my opinion about several things and I guess I'll find out if she liked my answers or not. I was very honest, but gave clear reasons for my opinions. I'll know if I make it to the next step by Wednesday next week. I'm really ok either way which is a great position to be in.

Today will be green. I've actually lost more weight so I need to increase my calories some more. I think I'll start by eating back all of my exercise calories first and see what that does. I've been very hesitant to increase too much too fast, but if I lose much more I'll drop another pant size which means more shopping, which leads to an unhappy husband! Lol

So Aug 7, 7/25 Green
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    8/7 green
    total 7/25

I will be testing out all of the slogging gear tomorrow... 7.5 miles. I'm going to a local park/wildlife sanctuary and plan to do a couple of loops. Lots of hills! Hubby is coming with and will walk one. I'm really excited he's coming with me. Usually I'm just out on my own. He's doing great making changes! I'll have to get a pic of me at some point with all this stuff on me. Lol!!!
    @2marsh people have suggested I hide water bottles like that but it's too busy around here. Plus I can see me getting confused and drinking from some other water bottle I find. Ew.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins glad to hear your friends parents are making some improvements. Hoping for more good news.
    @Rebamae how funny you continue to look forward to Fridays! I guess old habits don't go away!
    @Laughter_Girl what an awesome thoughtful gift from your coworkers. I work with a great group too. They would be more likely to give me a flask though :wink:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 7/26
    Streak: 7/10

It was a strength training day today. I have some more pushups to complete tomorrow, but other than that, I've reached my exercise goals for this week.

Well, let me begin all my individualized responses. I'm keeping them brief tonight because I'm sleepy. :#

@jenthibert The farthest I've ran is a little over 6.5 miles. I'm still a newby when it comes to running. I completely understand your plight regarding the calories. I've decided to just eat all of my maintenance plus my exercise calories because I'm still losing. My hubby doesn't care about me buying more stuff, but he definitely doesn't want me to lose anymore weight. He's afraid I'll start looking like Rachel from The Biggest Loser. Did you see her on the season before last? Scary. Glad you made it through the interview. You can never go wrong with being honest.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Ha, ha ha, ha. You maybe on to something. I'll start blaming my slow runs on all that equipment I'm wearing. Congrats on your streak!! That's quite impressive. Thanks for the BJ update. I will continue to keep her and the family in my prayers. Praying for further miracles.
    @Rebamae That's funny that you still look forward to Fridays. I'm pretty certain I'll be the same way...if I ever actually get to retire. Ha!
    @bbinoa May your run tomorrow be more fun than you imagined. Glad your hubby will be with you. I wish mine was able to go with me, but his busted hip has him quite limited. It's a good thing I like running alone. Ha, ha, ha, ha.
    @2marsh I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your friends and the festivities.

• kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl : yes that is my dog Kirby. She is a 5 year old golden retriever and my walking buddy.

Total 7/25
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Happy Super Saturday B)

I did make it to bed w/o grazing our snacking.

Goal = 27/31
    Green =6*/31
    Red = 01

Streak goal = 10
    Streak = 6

I will be back later to talk, hopefully! :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Total 8/26
    Streak: 8/10

It was an unplanned rest day, but I think it was well deserved. I've got to get ready for tomorrow's long run. I'm aiming for 8 miles. We'll see.

@kirbygirl41 Well, Kirby is a cutie. What a great walking buddy!
    @Rebamae Kudos!! Way to keep the streak going.
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/8 green!
    Total 8/25

Definitely green with the 7.5 mile run, in spite of dinner out (which i didnt totally love. Meh.). I actually felt really good in spite of the massive hills on the loop I did. I'll even go so far as to call it a slun... slow run. :) ha! I didn't wear my sports watch (figured i had nowhere to be). Maybe ditching it made me faster- less weight (kidding! )

Hope everyone had a good Saturday!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Going to call today green. 8/25 on August 8. 11 mile walk, yard work and kayaking. We did go to a party this evening but there were a lot of healthy choices. I indulged in dessert though!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/7 - red - I was so hungry, but I knew it was coming either yesterday or today
    8/8 -green - because my husband split bacon ranch fries with me at lunch instead of each of us having our own.
    7/25
    Now aiming for a new streak of 10.

BJ update: both of her parents are home. Praise the Lord. They live on the same farm, so she is staying nights until they can find a night care person. Her father is just not able to care for her mom alone anymore. They've had a retired nurse coming in for a few hours daily for a couple of years to help with bathing and physical therapy, but now her mom can't get up without help. That's very sad to watch. Keep praying for the right person.

So I did the awesome squats and deadlift on Wednesday with no knee pain, but woke up in the middle of Thursday night with a horrible cramp in my left calf. I am wondering if Lady the wonder lab jumped up on the bed and landed on my knee because it's been giving me fits ever since, wanting to hyperextend every time I straighten it. Thursday was a planned rest day, but yesterday after work I could barely stand, so I skipped the gym, got up this morning, put on my knee brace and decided to take one more day off. It's better except right under my kneecap. Since the meniscus is partially torn, that's no surprise. Tomorrow I will do shoulders and abs and then Monday is a planned rest day because it's Cub and Boy Scout night. Hopefully it will be better by Tuesday.

@jenthibert - I am glad the interview went well

@bbinoa -I do want to see you all decked out to run. And I am glad your husband went with you today.

@Rebamae -nice will power!

• kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    8/8
    Green.
    8/25

Volunteered at the refugee picnic at my church. So cool to see so many people from different countries come together for some fun and food. (I did more work than eating!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    8/1 Green
    8/2 Green
    8/3 Red
    8/4 Green
    8/5 Green
    8/6 Green
    8/7 Green
    8/8 Green

I was dreading posting as I have just not been feeling focused (and honestly kind of blue). I am glad to see that I am doing better than expected! Have had several work projects and some travel which always makes things tricky!

Total 7/28
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Aug 4 -5-6-7-8 - Green + RED + Green + RED +RED
    Goal: 3/25
    Streak: 2
  • Rebamae
    Options
    For all of you Christian prayer warriors would you please pray for our minister's 1 year old son as he had a seizure earlier this morning. As he was being transported by ambulance to the closest hospital he became unresponsive at one point.
    I would appreciate all of your prayers. Thanks o:)
  • Rebamae
    Options
    I am hoping you each have a Sensational Sunday!! B)

I stayed green but only b/c I had a lot of steps. Not exercising steps just housework and feeding 3 Grands.

Goal = 27/31
    Green =7*/31
    Red = 01

Streak goal = 10
    Streak = 7

I hope each of you have a great day!!
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    8.6 & 8.7 - Didn't track but pretty sure that they were in the Chevy to lightly red range.

It's been a great weekend with a wedding, a birthday, meals out with old friends, and lots of family time. Didn't feel too bad about not tracking Fri & Sat, but it's been nice to get back to it today (which started with a 7-mile walk/run). :smile:

@Laughter_Girl Glad you got to enjoy that rest day before your long run - from what I saw in the feed, it looked like you made it the full 8 miles!
    @bbinoa - Speedy on a hilly course? Now THAT's impressive. I am such a wimp about hills! I know I should include them as part of my training but most of the time I try to avoid them like the plague!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Glad to hear that your friend's parents are home! Hope they enjoy a speedy recovery.
    @kirbygirl41 That picnic sounds so lovely in many ways. :smile:
    @R_Queenie Good to see you and glad that you were doing better than you expected. Hope the blues leave you soon!
    @jenthibert I love how, at this point, and 11 mile walk is probably almost SHORT for you. Yeah girl, I think you earned dessert. :smiley:
    @Bruceapple Hope today is better for you!
    @Rebamae Sending prayers. Whenever something like that happens with a child, it's the hardest.