Share your recipes, meal plans, etc.

Options
Kiismyaces
Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
My breakfast more the next months is Soymilk, bananas and Vega One protein powder. I'll change it up a bit, but I found this to be quite tasty!

Replies

• JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is breakfast (around 700 calories). I don't limit what I can eat. I limit my portions. I know if I tell myself something is off-limits, it becomes irresistible.

Breakfast is usually eggs (2 or 3) cooked in grassfed butter or coconut oil, 150g fried breakfast potatoes, 2 slices bacon and 100g blueberries. I usually have coffee with 3oz half & half and 3 tsp brown sugar.

Lunch is usually light like an apple and peanut butter or a couple cheese sticks with tomato sauce and fresh basil.

Dinner is usually chicken baked with olive oil, salt garlic & black pepper, a baked potato with butter and either corn or broccoli / asparagus.

A few times a week I'll have a serving of ice cream.

My weakness is potato chips. Can't have them in my house.

My recipes are pretty repetitive, so I'm looking forward to everyone's recipe shares!
  • emilytay23
    emilytay23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try going healthy with breakfast. Oats with a medium banana and a teaspoon of chia seeds. Lemon water and pu erh tea to keep hydrated through the day. Lunch and dinner can vary according to what the people at the office feel like having for lunch and what's being prepared for dinner at home (lucky enough to have meals prepared as I live with my uncle's family). Trying to limit my intake of meats (poultry, beef, pork etc) and practice a pescetarian diet. So far so good but I have many demons in the form of cake. Haha!
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight. It's a variation of chicken salad, but instead of all that mayo it's made with plain greek yogurt. And I must say, it turned out really good! I boiled the chicken breast too so it would stay moist. The recipe says it makes 2-4 servings, so I am saying it makes 4. So the whole recipe divided into 4 servings means that 1 serving of it is only 173 calories! :) I am keeping this one.
  • Kiismyaces
    Options
    I'm sure we're all getting great ideas from here.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tried these for lunch and quite like it

Whole wheat tortilla
    1tbs miracle whip
    3slice deli smoked turkey breast
    2 slice deli roast beef
    Half a tomato
    1/4 avocado
    4 pickles
    Salt and pepper
  • magerchuk
    magerchuk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found a great recipe for 'crustless mini quiches' that I just tried this morning. The greatest thing is you can make a dozen of them and they'll keep in the fridge for 4 days.
    It's really just a bunch of your favorite veggies, any meat you want to add, garlic with 4 eggs and 4 egg whites.
    Put it all in a muffin tray and pop it in the oven!
    They're actually really tasty and filling.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    magerchuk wrote: »
    I found a great recipe for 'crustless mini quiches' that I just tried this morning. The greatest thing is you can make a dozen of them and they'll keep in the fridge for 4 days.
    It's really just a bunch of your favorite veggies, any meat you want to add, garlic with 4 eggs and 4 egg whites.
    Put it all in a muffin tray and pop it in the oven!
    They're actually really tasty and filling.
    Do you need to coat the muffin tins first? How long in the oven and what temp? I totally want to try this!!

• magerchuk
    magerchuk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi amsdragonfly. I just used a little bit of cooking spray. Put it in the oven at 350 for 15 mins. Here's the recipe...
    http://showmetheyummy.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/
  • CowboySar
    Options
    What's everyone do for a snack? I've only been having 94% fat free popcorn but it doesn't agree with me so looking for other ideas
  • emilytay23
    emilytay23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    apple slices with peanut butter! :)
    frozen grapes (SUPER YUM)
  • Kiismyaces
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    What's everyone do for a snack? I've only been having 94% fat free popcorn but it doesn't agree with me so looking for other ideas

Celery and carrots work for me. You could try hummus with something too. Usually fruit will do the trick. Apple and peanut butter is perfect too. Just make sure not to each to much peanut butter. i usually get like half a tablespoon.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    magerchuk wrote: »
    Hi amsdragonfly. I just used a little bit of cooking spray. Put it in the oven at 350 for 15 mins. Here's the recipe...
    http://showmetheyummy.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/

Thanks!! I'm definitely going to try this- I love the idea of using muffin cups for portion control. :D
  • amsdragonfly
    Options

Whenever I think I'm craving food or hungry first I have a glass of water (usually squirt a little lemon or lime juice in it, with ice). Then I wait a bit and if I'm still hungry I'll pour a measured bowl of kettle flavored Popcorners (my friend turned me on to them after she has gastric surgery and couldn't eat much), or a cup of frozen blueberries (like I'm having a desert!), or granola with flaxseed and 1% milk (it helps make you feel full).

In the end I really believe you can lose weight as long as you are controlling portions, which was my biggest problem for snacks... my favorite snack of ALL TIME is the BIGGEST mixing bowl we have full of salted popcorn. And yes, I would sit and eat the ENTIRE. THING. FULL. Now I pour a measured serving. That's really hard for me.
  • CowboySar
    Options

Whenever I think I'm craving food or hungry first I have a glass of water (usually squirt a little lemon or lime juice in it, with ice). Then I wait a bit and if I'm still hungry I'll pour a measured bowl of kettle flavored Popcorners (my friend turned me on to them after she has gastric surgery and couldn't eat much), or a cup of frozen blueberries (like I'm having a desert!), or granola with flaxseed and 1% milk (it helps make you feel full).

In the end I really believe you can lose weight as long as you are controlling portions, which was my biggest problem for snacks... my favorite snack of ALL TIME is the BIGGEST mixing bowl we have full of salted popcorn. And yes, I would sit and eat the ENTIRE. THING. FULL. Now I pour a measured serving. That's really hard for me.

Ditto on the bowl of popcorn....

Thanks all for the suggestions
  • amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    On weekdays : 2 cups of cereals in morning, in lunch have some corns/sprouts, 2 egg whites and a fruit bowl / wheat tortilla, for dinner usually take soup and a veg wrap / subway.

On weekends, have a heavy brunch usually tuna wrap or Grill Fish or chicken breasts with some rice (boiled)....and then dinner having tortilla wraps or chicken salad sandwich...
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    I've recently started using my panini press and take a small tortille (the chi chi's brand that's high in fiber) and put a couple chopped up mini peppers and low fat cheese, fold it over and make a little quesidilla. Drop a tbs of sour cream on it and it's really good and the tortilla makes me feel full.
  • nicolemwerman
    nicolemwerman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have nutribullet so I try to make nutrablast everyday with Spinach avocado strawberry Chia and flax seeds and protein powder
  • Kiismyaces
    Options
    I have nutribullet so I try to make nutrablast everyday with Spinach avocado strawberry Chia and flax seeds and protein powder

Nice Mix!
  • amsdragonfly
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Made this for dinner last night- totally worth it, it was delicious. I substituted pine nuts with sunflower seeds though. Only 373 calories a serving (my change affected this), and this makes 4 servings if you have 4 chicken breasts to do. It's a MyFitnessPal recipe too! :)
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Okay another recipe I tried that was AWESOME is this- a creamy garlic pasta with shrimp and veggies like asparagus, peppers and peas. But I made some changes and the calories ended up being a tad lower than the original recipe. I made an alfredo sauce following this recipe using Greek plain yogurt and let me tell you it was delicious. I'm a cheesy sauce fiend, and using yogurt in place of cream cheese is actually amazing and totally worth it- if you think it sounds weird give it a try and you'll be amazed- I couldn't even tell it was yogurt at all.