Options

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    green!
    Total 9/25
    Streaking for the month so far!

Metup with my best friend of 30 plus years this morning. She was visiting the area (Hersheypark) with her family. I don't get to see her much (usually it's years at a time) so this was nice. We squeezed in a walk at 6 am so we could catchup before her kids started getting ready for another park day.
    @Rebamae thoughts going out to your ministers son. Hope you have some good news for us.
    @ r_queenie lots of green in spite of those hurdles. Awesome!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins knee continuing to.improve?
    @2marsh sounds like a wonderful weekend for you!
    @kirbygirl101 cute puppy! Big dogs are the best walking buddies!!! My 115 lb lab is mine.
    @Laughter_Girl how was the long run??
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    9/25 Green on August 9, rest day and lots of stretching. Having issues with my back after yesterday's walk and yard work. My own fault for not stretching and hydrating like I should have.

I have tomorrow off! Dropped my daughter at camp for the week tonight, my son is off on an adventure exploring the area lakes by canoe with a couple friends tomorrow for a few days and my husband is working. My plan? Walk in the morning, see Ben off on his adventure then sit by the lake with my book!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Time to start a great week!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Rebamae wrote: »
    For all of you Christian prayer warriors would you please pray for our minister's 1 year old son as he had a seizure earlier this morning. As he was being transported by ambulance to the closest hospital he became unresponsive at one point.
    I would appreciate all of your prayers. Thanks o:)

God, you knew this baby when you knit him together in his mother's womb. I ask you tonight for strength and comfort for his parents, wisdom for his medical team, and healing for his body. This family has devoted their lives to shepherding your flock and I thank you for them. I praise you for being in control and I agree with @Rebamae that you will work this awful thing for their good because they are called for your purpose. You promised us that if two or more agree in your name it will be done. You promise that your Word doesn't return to you void. I am claiming your promises for this family, Lord, and thanking you for keeping them in Jesus name, Amen
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/9 - green - why am I less hungry on lifting days than rest days?
    8/25
    Streak: 2

I made it back to the gym today and my knee is at about 90%. It was shoulder and abs day so I didn't work it except for 10 minutes on the stationary bike. I weighed in "unofficially" on the gym scale and have lost two pounds since I was there Wednesday. How do you lose two pounds eating bacon ranch fries?

Everything @2marsh said gets a +1. Good night all.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 9/26
    Streak: 9/10

I conquered the 8 mile run today. Actually, I did about 8.30 miles today, which is a record for me. I felt good while I was out there, but I've pretty much been lazy for the rest of the day. Hopefully, I'll be fully energized tomorrow.

@Rebamae I will definitely be praying. The power of prayer is amazing. A 15 year old boy that attends my church had a heart attack yesterday and was on the breathing machine and not responsive. We stopped in the middle of service to pray for his healing, and today, he is off the ventilator, breathing on his own, and awake. We're still praising our Lord & Savior for His healing power.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Aug 9- Green
    Goal: 4/25
    Streak: 1

Thanks, marsh
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Total 9/26
    Streak: 9/10

I conquered the 8 mile run today. Actually, I did about 8.30 miles today, which is a record for me. I felt good while I was out there, but I've pretty much been lazy for the rest of the day. Hopefully, I'll be fully energized tomorrow.

@Rebamae I will definitely be praying. The power of prayer is amazing. A 15 year old boy that attends my church had a heart attack yesterday and was on the breathing machine and not responsive. We stopped in the middle of service to pray for his healing, and today, he is off the ventilator, breathing on his own, and awake. We're still praising our Lord & Savior for His healing power.

Praising the Lord with you @Laughter_Girl. That's truly miraculous.
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    8.8 - Green (thanks to that 7-miler!)

Posted so late yesterday that I've said pretty much all I had, except to congratulate @Laughter_Girl on her awesome 8.3 miler and second the joy for that boy's recovery.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Happy Marvelous Monday B)

Goal = 27/31
    Green =8*/31
    Red = 01

Streak goal = 10
    Streak = 8
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Stuck at 9/25 as today was red. What girl can pass up two dates in one day though? First was breakfast with my son before he set off on his canoe adventure then my husband took me to lunch. It's red but not blazing red. Grilled fish and veggies for dinner. No walk today or I'd probably have been ok.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green, made my first 10 day streak!
    Total 10/25

The next few days after a long run really leave me hungry. I know I can eat back exercise calories, but I have a hard time with that. Will try to make it an early night since I always seem to need some extra sleep too. Night all!

@jenthibert a double date day sounds fabulous! Sounds like you enjoyed your day off!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    8/9 Chevy Green ---fitbit flaw didn't post exercise calories
    8/10 Green

9/28 woo hoo!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Aug 9 and 10
    Green: yes
    Goal
    10/25.
    Took a lovely walk with my dog and 7 th grade daughter tonight. Now my daughter is baking homemade brownies. Thanks to the walk I can have a very small bite of those brownies!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/10 - green
    9/25
    Streak -3

@bbinoa great job on a 10 day streak
    @kirbygirl41 I hope your family enjoyed the walk and the brownies.

Today was a planned rest day for Scouts. Tomorrow is back to the gym.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Total 10/26
    Streak: 10/10 (First streak met. Woop-woop!)

It was another rest day. I was pooped tonight and didn't do a thing I'd planned. I'm hoping to have more energy tomorrow.

@R_Queenie I'm so proud of you!! You're doing great. Keep the green days streak going.
    @kirbygirl41 There's nothing wrong with a little treat tonight. You've earned it!
    @bbinoa I hope you got some much needed rest.
    @jenthibert Two dates in one day??????????? Aren't you fortunate! I hope you enjoyed the company and the food.
    @2marsh Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you had a fabulous day today!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins If all you ate were the bacon ranch fries, I can see how you loss that weight. :) If not, I'm sure it'll catch up to you later. Try to eat them moderation and not daily. I trust that you are making healthier choices most of the time. Congrats on your loss!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl On Friday, I was almost 300 calories in the red, but it was all pretty healthy food. On Saturday, we spent the afternoon with good friends and I ate a huge bacon cheeseburger (no bun because GF buns aren't worth the price) and bacon ranch fries at lunch and tacos for dinner. I would have though the sodium would still be hanging around when I got to the gym on Sunday, but apparently not. And my own official scale at home showed me down a pound yesterday.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Aug 10- Green
    Goal: 5/25
    Streak: 2
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    8.10 - Chevy
    Total: 5/23

Hope to come back for chatting later. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Today will be green so 10/25.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    went over by 27! Chevy green.
    total 11/25
    11 day streak.

Went for my lunchtime walk with a friend and got caught in a very sudden, very heavy rainstorm. Spent an enjoyable afternoon at my desk with a soaking wet shirt, pants and undergarments along with some really fabulous looking hair. Pretty.