Average weight loss per week?

Options
mrsgreen5686
mrsgreen5686 Posts: 34 Member
Hey everyone. I was just wondering what is the average weight loss per week? I don't have a huge amount to lose but hoping for between 14 and 18lb off. I have already lost 5lb. I am going back to Florida again in 17 weeks and was wondering if I would be anywhere near by then? I am already active as I work in a gym and teach classes twice a week. However since doing the 5:2 I have upped my game at the gym and started doing more exercise which can't hurt. How much weight did you ladies lose? And how much weight do you think I could lose in the next 17 weeks. Can I just add I am absolutely loving this diet it has made me see just how much I was eating for the sake of it :)

Replies

• hannahjustyne
    hannahjustyne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In my first 10 weeks I lost a stone ☺️ after that my weight has been dropping roughly an lb every two weeks!

Good luck on the weight loss ☺️ 17 weeks is a good amount of time- consistency is key!
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    That's brill news. Slow and steady wins the race :) thanks so much and we'll done to you.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I also only have less than 20 lbs. to lose, and I've lost 6 of of those in 3 weeks.

I think, like Hannah said, consistency is the key, because there are some weeks that you won't lose anything, but if you stay consistent (even when you feel like it's not working), your body usually rewards you later with a nice loss.

9-14 lbs in 17 weeks doesn't sound unreasonable, so if you stay consistent, I wouldn't be surprised if you make your goal. Worst case scenario is that you'll get as close as your body will allow you, so you've got nothing to lose but pounds. :)
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    I still need to lose 14lb to 18lb. I'm 10.6 now and want to be max 9.6 when I go away. I intend to burn a lot of calories in gym as well so that will help. I actually really enjoy fast days too
  • russellma
    Options
    Oops, sorry... I misunderstood and thought you had already lost 5 lbs. of that. From what I've read, the body is generally willing to give up 0.5 to 1 lb of fat per week on the average, so it's not impossible for you to get to at least the lower end of your goal by the time you go away. I guess the only way to find out is to keep up the good work, which doesn't sound like it should be too hard since you enjoy it! :)
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    I know how weird is it. Find it really helpful that my friend is doing it too. Although we don't fast on the same days we really help each other. Have had a fast day today but ended up with y30 calories which is really annoying but still not bad. And thank you for that hopefully I will lose a lb a week. Saying that though I will be toning too so that will hinder it also :)
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh? And should you weigh after a fast day
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday just coz I like to know if I am doing things right or not. But I measure every week.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Half lb to 1 full lb a week
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    Half lb to 1 full lb a week

Great thanks
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    About a lb per week theoretically. My losses were never linear. 1-2 good weeks followed by slow ones....cycle related.
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    About a lb per week theoretically. My losses were never linear. 1-2 good weeks followed by slow ones....cycle related.

I hear ya on that one x
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Ive gained2kg!! :( i only done one fast day and tried to stay under tdee. Need to tighten my logging i think
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    Oh no. Keep at it I'm sure you will get it back off. Is it not time of the month? I always gain when mine is due
  • russellma
    Options
    Aniqa....Try not to be discouraged. It would be nice if weight was a science, but it fluctuates throughout the day and is rarely the same two days in a row!

Remember it takes 3500 calories to build a pound of fat, so unless you've eaten 10,000 extra calories (above your tdee) since the last time you weighed, then it's probably just water weight.

I'm up a pound today, too, but I'm figuring it (and hopefully a little more) will be gone in the next week. My Monday weight is always a little higher, it seems. I think I get myself off my normal schedule and normal foods on weekends, so it takes my body a couple days to get back into its routine. Just keep plugging along, and hopefully the scale will get the memo soon! :)
  • aniqa109
    Options
    It is my TOM but at the end of it
    Im suprised as i have been eating a lot less as ive lost my appetite recently. Im going to keep at it but it is nice seeing scale go down rather than up. Took my measuremnts and im measuring up the same
  • mrsgreen5686
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It was my TOM last week and I was so discouraged I thought with me doing so well the scales might have still gone Down. I still did my fast days but ate a little more around 630 and I did 3 days to compensate for the weekend before when I went away. And still nothing. In fact I gained one lb. Low and behold soon as I finished I lost the lb I put on and then another lb on top. Happy me :)
  • hannahjustyne
    hannahjustyne Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Nice to see @mrsgreen5686 ! :)
    I've gained an lb or two because of recent family get togethers and ate more on my non fasting days, so I'm fasting three times this week (mon, wed and fri) and hoping that I get back on track :)

I guess that's why I enjoy the 5:2! I can pick and choose my fasting days without feeling like I've "fallen off of the wagon"! :blush::smile:
  • russellma
    Options
    It was my TOM last week and I was so discouraged I thought with me doing so well the scales might have still gone Down. I still did my fast days but ate a little more around 630 and I did 3 days to compensate for the weekend before when I went away. And still nothing. In fact I gained one lb. Low and behold soon as I finished I lost the lb I put on and then another lb on top. Happy me :)

Awesome! I'm happy for you, too! :)
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    Thanks I was thrilled. Just have to keep telling myself when that week comes that it's not the end of the world keep trying and it will pay off. I also love the 5:2 hoping for a lb loss this week then it will be half a stone in 4 weeks :)