Menopause kicked my butt!

Options
maire911
maire911 Posts: 6 Member
I've packed on 15 lbs. since going thru menopause. I can't seem to get the weight off and it's tremendously depressing. Looking for support and motivation. THANKS!!

Replies

• pkdel
    pkdel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too! I keep thinking of the saying, If I change nothing, nothing will change. The over 50 body stinks. My metabolism has really tanked!
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just did a Body Age Test at the YMCA last Thursday. I have the body of a 60 year old. That would be good news if I was 61 or older. But I am 53. So this gave me the incentive to get things cracking! The woman at the Y told me to try to reduce or stop one bad habit. So I am giving up Diet Pepsi as I have heard that the aspartame is not good for you and makes you gain weight. I am on Day 5 w/o diet pop. I do feel better already. I know it is not out of my system yet but I seem to feel a bit more energy. Not much...but I do feel a difference.
  • pkdel
    pkdel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome walker! I'm afraid to take one of those tests. :-( Good job on getting off the artificial sweeteners. I know I should, but I still do sometimes.