MIA but I'm baaaack!

Options
DoRoAnsMom
DoRoAnsMom Posts: 4 Member
Hi!!! :)

My name may not ring a bell with anyone because I changed names! I used to be ArteLyn, AKA, Diana from Maine.
I had so much trouble with MFP for awhile that I just got so frustrated I checked out. I was getting an "alert" that I had a virus each time I tried to sign in. And I know I don't have a virus because I have scanned my computer 50 times making sure I don't! lol I wanted my MFP back!
So I am trying a new name. Maybe that will help. I'm also using the new name and the comeback as a way of refocusing. I haven't been losing weight this summer, but I haven't gained any either! That is progress for sure.
I am going to go read up on what's been happening. Hope all is well with everyone and I look forward to being back with all my friends!

Diana in Maine <3

Replies

• carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey there Diana. Glad you're back. Right now for the month of August, I suggested four seven day challenges running Sunday to Saturday. Jump right in.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Diana, Depending on your browser, someone said to install the extension AdBlock Plus to Google Chrome if you use it to block the ads. The ads are what triggered that warning, because I got it too. Repeatedly. Hope all is well otherwise.

Cari - and everyone else. Hi! Checking in for sanity and for the habit, as I apparently need a refresher course on good habits. I let a rough day Saturday allow me to "justify" going crazy of plan yesterday. i wasn't even lucky as I hoped I would be. I wanted to get sick to remind me why I'm eating as I do. I wanted to gain a ton of weight so I'd be reminded. I wanted all the foods I ate to taste disgusting so they wouldn't be temptations anymore. And I wanted to hurt in my joints and swell and frankly, be miserable. And sadly, none of that happened. How do you reinforce your commitment to something when all the reasons you were telling yourself didn't happen?

I'm so...utterly demoralized by all this, but still back on task... sigh....

Carly
  • DoRoAnsMom
    Options
    Thanks Carly, I will look into that!

As for being demoralized, I'm giving you a big hug! Maybe you have to find some other reasons as to why you are committed to eating the way you are, other than the reasons that didn't pan out badly for you. (Did that make sense?) It's so hard to justify sometimes. But just because it didn't bite you in the butt THIS time, doesn't mean that it wouldn't bite you next time. So maybe keep that in mind. It's just a fluke that you didn't have the "bad" things happen. Over time, they certainly would!

Keep plugging away!!

Diana

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm been at this WOE since 1/15/15, stepped it up 2/18/15, and have no really made any measureable progress since the end of March due to circumstances beyond my control at that time. Struggling to get back to whatever it is that I'm not doing now has just been hard. Things haven't gotten worse, I feel like I"m in a time flux loop or something. I'm just having the final ramp of some personal stressors before some potential relief, and I've used up all my sanity for the rest of the year or something... lol
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Sending you big hugs Carly.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thanks. Doing good today, foodwise. 4 carbs today, 8 total, 4 net if you count the gum, but as long as I don't have more than 2 pieces at a time a few times a day, I don't count them. 2 carbs in the am from cheese, around 2 carbs at lunch from 4 eggs...so I'm doing better today.... Thanks for the hugs...
  • DoRoAnsMom
    Options
    Thanks Cari! I will check them out! Somehow i missed your post earlier!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Diana.