Introduce yourself

Options
12346»

Replies

• missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Trisha and I am a 34yo single mom of 3. I am 5'4" and currently weigh 215 lbs. I am on Phase 1 day 1. I am looking forward to this diet because its very realistic and not so strict. I have previously been on WW, Ideal Protein, and alot of fad diets :). I look forward to getting to know more people on it and share some recipes. Especially one for steel cut oats. i had a heck of a time cooking them this morning!
  • bmc7911
    Options
    I'm on W1P1D1 of this plan. I am 5'7, 35 years old and 158 lbs. I have always been in the 140-145 range and ate a very healthy diet. After a horrible divorce, I ballooned to 180 with a diet of wine, pizza, and processed foods. I lost 22 lbs depriving myself, but want to restructure my eating habits. I hope to get back to my old weight. I'm worried about the no alcohol, as a corporate lobbyist, that's hard to avoid. :)
  • wredpanther
    Options
    Hello,

I'm just starting the FM28DD today. I am so excited that actually someone wants to help those of us that are all exhausted from all these diets that have stopped working.

I am 41 years old, 256 and 5'4. I have lost multiple large amounts of weight before and now my metabolism is stuck in a rut. I agree with the method being used addressing the functions of the body with specific types of food. I am so grateful someone has put it all together so I can stop to try it out. I am worn out doing research and not knowing where the next lead is going to take me to. I have had so many loose ends trying to figure all of this out regarding weight gain, hormones, stress, and toxins. I am hoping this is a tried and true way that I have been searching for for the last decade. I am trying to get my sister to start it as well, hopefully her hardcover copy will get to her by next week.

I need as much encouragement as possible. I have a condition that I believe is reversible, but others with the same condition have given up hope and turned to weight loss surgery for a solution. I am holding out that this might be the key we need for that condition and other diseases like it.

I am anxious to get control back of my young livelihood and reverse this aging process that is trying to consume me.

thank you.
  • Kdrules
    Kdrules Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello. Are you still doing this diet
  • JohnnyWalkr5
    Options
    Hello all - this is my second week of the Fast Metabolism Diet...still going strong, but looking for a little support.

I'm 33 years old, 5'10", and in the course of 6 months went from 175 pounds to 208 pounds. I've had a bunch of things come up at work and in my personal life, and just became sedentary and didn't pay attention to what I ate. I did a DietBet earlier this year, lost my 4%, but have hovered around 200 pounds since then. About two weeks ago I spent 2 days in the hospital with a heart scare. Luckily it turned out to be nothing, but my resting blood pressure was 135/90...not good. It's time now to stop making excuses and to get myself back on track.

Lost 5 pounds last week staying strict with the diet, but got a little loose over the weekend and gained a pound back. This week I am stepping up my exercise game, hoping to lose 6 pounds and get under 190 by Sunday.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • lotsocurl2014
    Options
    So how was your week? Did you lose more weight? I am going to start this diet on Monday. I am anxious to see how others are doing.
  • TrackGirl1418
    TrackGirl1418 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I am joining so late :/ My name is Michelle and I am 5' 4.5" and am currently 121. I am excited to join everyone on this journey and lose weight :)
  • TrackGirl1418
    TrackGirl1418 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh, also I will be starting this on Saturday (May 17th).:happy:
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My name is Patti. I am 55 yrs. old. 5'10" 146-148 lbs. depends on the day:). I did the 28 day diet this last summer and was encouraged. I lost 7 lbs that brought me very close to my 145 lb. goal. Best of all, I really feel that I did my body a great favor by sorting things out and being careful about the foods I ate and did not eat. I am a believer!

I have continued the no caffeine (late night long drives lead me to a small decaf. but that is rare. I still miss coffee at times). I let go of my red wine and sip sparkling mineral water with lime instead. I do miss the occasional wine but don't see it worth stressing my liver. I have eliminated wheat (except for Ezekiel sprouted tortillas and English muffins). I do not eat sugar, corn, dairy, or soy as a result of what I have read in the plan.

I will do the plan again in a month or so. It will be easier the second time around. Planning and executing were very tedious for me during the first week. I took a 12 day trip right in the middle of it last time and that was tricky. I was a very "cheap date" as I packed all my own food and made sure to cook in the condo rather than eat out :) My husband surely appreciated that. I would like him to do the plan with me next time. We shall see...
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My name is Patti. I am 55 yrs. old. 5'10" 146-148 lbs. depends on the day:). I did the 28 day diet this last summer and was encouraged. I lost 7 lbs that brought me very close to my 145 lb. goal. Best of all, I really feel that I did my body a great favor by sorting things out and being careful about the foods I ate and did not eat. I am a believer!

I have continued the no caffeine (late night long drives lead me to a small decaf. but that is rare. I still miss coffee at times). I let go of my red wine and sip sparkling mineral water with lime instead. I do miss the occasional wine but don't see it worth stressing my liver. I have eliminated wheat (except for Ezekiel sprouted tortillas and English muffins). I do not eat sugar, corn, dairy, or soy as a result of what I have read in the plan.

I will do the plan again in a month or so. It will be easier the second time around. Planning and executing were very tedious for me during the first week. I took a 12 day trip right in the middle of it last time and that was tricky. I was a very "cheap date" as I packed all my own food and made sure to cook in the condo rather than eat out :) My husband surely appreciated that. I would like him to do the plan with me next time. We shall see...
  • justduckit
    justduckit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is anyone currently using this Group/Board?
  • seelemonster
    seelemonster Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Emma. I am 22 years old. Over the last year I have gained 20+ pounds for no apparent reason. In late April I had an oopherectomy( fallopian tube and ovary removal) and since then the scale just keeps going up :(. I have always suffered being overweight. During my Senior year in high school I managed to lose 50 pounds by barely eating and walking 5+ miles a day. I was 140 pounds. My goal isn't to be skinny. I would be happy to see 150. I just want to be healthy and to feel better.
  • leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is LeeBee. I'm just starting this way of eating. I'm on my last day of phase 1, second week. So far so good, I've lost nearly 9 pounds! Which is amazing! I have a long way to go, but it's a good start! My mom and I are doing this together, and I've gotten my co-worker interested in it too! I'm very excited and hope this is something I can stick to long term! Good luck everyone!