Feeling more hyper

Options
Anna334
Anna334 Posts: 28 Member
I am hyper thyroid because I don't have a thyroid (it was removed). My doctor keeps me hyper because it will keep the cancer from coming back. The first time I cleaned up my diet I went even more hyper and felt real bad. My hunch was confirmed when my lab work showed I had gone further down. My doctor told me to make a small adjustment to my meds. My point is this I am real sensitive to any changes I make in diet or exercise. I can't keep changing meds every few pounds I lose because as many of you know it takes time for a dosage to build up in the system. So how do I deal with these hormonal ups and downs? I feel tired, achy, and hyper. Missing my thyroid :/

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you have the thyroidectomy? Took me about a year to feel stable with Synthroid and continually had to up my dosage (at 175/200mcg alternating days) as many docs did not push towards low TSH. I had to fight to get my doc to get me in the 0.3-3.0 range.

Much of this is a mental game and you need to focus on the positive. Welcome aboard fellow survivor!
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I hear you - I'm 3 years post thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer. It's taken until now to get my meds right enough that I feel decent. I miss my thyroid, too! I've had constant med shifts this entire doggone time because it's been that hard to find my initial correct doseage. I have a lot to lose, and I figure there are going to be times on the way down where I feel cruddy again and meds have to be changed. So it's going to stink again, just like it's been rotten for 3 years. I have to chosen to stay positive and focus on how I'm getting healthier. And keep pushing, because this will make me feel better, even if there are times where I feel worse.
  • Anna334
    Anna334 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    4 Years ago I had my thyroidectomy and my body is still not recovered. My TSH can change easily depending on what I eat and how often. I am very sensitive. I did go to my rheumatologist because everything hurts real bad again. I started to see progress in my pain when I joined my fitness pal and now the pain has slowly come back. My rheumatologist said I was a "mess" since the thyroidectomy and he feels this is the best I have looked since he has known me. My journey has not been easy but I am determined to get some of my health back. If I can't workout I will stick to being more strict with my food. Thanks.