Today's struggle was.......?

Options
kiwi_abbey
kiwi_abbey Posts: 13 Member
Hey guys and girls. Just wondering what it is you struggle with on a daily basis? How do you try and combat it?
My struggle today was breakfast (always. I just dont eat in the morning) and then time. I didn't get a chance to have lunch because I was too busy. Basically i lived on coffee today. Result is im cooking dinner now and just keep putting things off. This is my today. Yesterday was an eat all of the food day. Need to get some structure to my day.

Replies

• MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    kiwi_abbey wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls. Just wondering what it is you struggle with on a daily basis? How do you try and combat it?
    My struggle today was breakfast (always. I just dont eat in the morning) and then time. I didn't get a chance to have lunch because I was too busy. Basically i lived on coffee today. Result is im cooking dinner now and just keep putting things off. This is my today. Yesterday was an eat all of the food day. Need to get some structure to my day.

This used to be me too. Either I didn't eat in the morning or I stopped at fast food. Now I have a shakeology shake every morning :) takes me like 5 minutes to make and it's super good for me!!
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My struggle is packing lunch! I'm on a low carb diet yet I have no clue how to cook meats correctly. and packing for lunch and cooking a head of time is a nightmare. I hate microwaved meats i love everything fresh and its just been tough. just forcing myself to eat certain foods but not really enjoying it.
  • MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My struggle was waking up thinking I had plenty of time to pack my lunch and then realizing I had 10 minutes before I had to leave for an early meeting. Made it on time but with NO food at the office I had to get Subway. Hopefully I'll get to leave early today and get an extra workout in before softball and grocery shopping :)
  • kiwi_abbey
    kiwi_abbey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    xxnecraxx wrote: »
    My struggle is packing lunch! I'm on a low carb diet yet I have no clue how to cook meats correctly. and packing for lunch and cooking a head of time is a nightmare. I hate microwaved meats i love everything fresh and its just been tough. just forcing myself to eat certain foods but not really enjoying it.

I used to take steak to work and cook it in the sandwich press/panini maker we have at work. As long as you set the minimum squish to thick so it didnt turn into bacon - 2-3 mins and it was cooked both sides.
  • SirKalel
    SirKalel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know this scenario all too well! If you are able like i am, maybe try keeping stuff at the office. I keep oatmeal at the office that i can make when i get there if i am in a bind as well as fruits (bring bananas per week). For lunch, i actually have been taking everything to make a healthy salad with me and i buy it in week quantities.

For instance, i get a tub of baby spinach, 5 Roma tomatoes (small and can be used as single serving), an onion which i store in a plastic container after cutting pieces off, and 5 cucumbers (use half in my salad and half as a snack to eat while i put the rest of the salad together haha). For protein, I take a can of tuna or two... Maybe some fish... I found some great rotisserie turkey breast precooked at my local grocery in the deli that i buy and cut up as well - whatever is easily stored in my fridge at work or in my desk even.

I throw in other things, such as mushrooms or whatever other thing i can find, but just buy enough for the week.

It has actually been a nice stress reliever and break from my day to go in and physically cut and assemble the salad at work. It has even started catching on with people and i get lots of compliments about what i am doing whicH is a nice boost mid day.

Just a suggestion that works for me, but after i buy all the components, it is healthy and cheaper than fast food (even buying salads at fast food / restaraunts). The structure allows me to have to plan less the day/night before which i was never good at and still feel good about my choices while getting a full meal (i make a fairly large salad and keep it to about 400 calories including the protein).

I hope this helps! It is a struggle for sure, and not one that still doesnt challenge me some days, but knowing the healthy option is there makes it easier to say no to the other bad options.

Weekends are a different story and a challenge that i am still trying to get a handle on. :)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Today I'm struggling with not wanting to move. I've been working extra hard and today it's raining out so I couldn't go for a run. I'm going to do an upper body workout in an hour and a cardio workout tonight, but for the first time in months I just feel like eating a bit and going back to sleep right now.
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I'm struggling with water weight.. again... I jumped back up again and its frustrating. Don't get me wrong though, I'll keep going no matter what and i will push harder and harder each day.. but man am i stuck on that scale.

I give it a sideways glance when I walk past it in the morning. It's right near me when I'm working out 60-75 min a day, while I'm sweating like a pig hoping it can see my efforts and give me a break. I give it the evil eye as I do my lunge squat progression, as I do high knee jumps, as I do pike up after pike up, burpee after burpee. Yea you can say it will be the death of me, but I see it as my motivation, like the parent that was never satisfied with it's child's grades; tough love. I'm out to prove my scale wrong and I WILL DIG THROUGH!
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    xxnecraxx wrote: »

For lunch, why not try salad with grilled chicken that you grill the night before? I take an extra shortcut by grilling pre-grilled frozen chicken I buy at the grocery store (sun chef fire-grilled chicken). All I have to do is take about 10-15 strips right out of freezer and throw it in my wok for 5 minutes with a teaspoon of butter or a squirt of PAM. No added flavouring required. Easy and quick to prepare the night before. Then I mix it up with some green mix salad and balsamic.