What I Wish Someone Would Have Told Me

Options
KarlaH9801
KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
What are some bits of advice you wish you would have received when you began LCHF way of eating? Being relatively new to this myself, and having read many sites, blogs, pins and e-books, personal experiences are next on my list.
What were yours?

Replies

• flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If the keto flu hits then drink more water, take in more salt (via broth) and up the fat!! Sleeping the day away or just keeping the status quo won't help it pass any faster. It will suck but it will go away! Also ppl will question the &@$! Out of you and what you eat bc they won't take a try at reading actual scientific literature and instead rely on funded diet "literature" which is mainly made up of tripe and BS
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm tired of explaining to people why I'm doing this. We were cooking out and I was telling my nephew what I was doing - Inhad just started giving up grains. Can't imagine if I try to explain keto. Sometimes it just better to not say anything.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have no more parties until November, so hopefully I won't have to explain my food choices to curious family members :-). And as for the keto flu, I sure did feel it. Lingering headaches and utter exhaustion. I have upped my sodium intake, which was surprisingly difficult. But I found out that going to the gym actually left me with more energy as opposed to exhausting me further. I am doing this as a support buddy for my mom-in-law, and she is having the good results her doctor wanted (he suggested it). I am doing alright, too, so far.