Weight Loss is Slowing Down...help!

Options
I had been averaging about 3-4 (sometimes 5!) pounds per week and have lost about 40 total. But I only lost 1 pound last week and 1 pound again this week. Inches are still going down (another 1 inch off my waist and 1/2 an inch off my hips this week), which is good...but its still a little frustrating to not see the scale moving as quickly. I'm only 19 pounds from my goal weight and I don't want to slow it down now!

I bought ketone test strips just to make sure I wasn't slacking off on the diet somehow, and they were solidly within the "moderate" range so I know I'm still in ketosis.

Any suggestions for things to do differently this week to get the scale moving again?

Replies

• CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Personally don't worry about the ketone strips. If your following the diet to a "T" your in ketosis. Sometimes your body tries to hold on to what you are trying to lose-fat! Not to scare you but I have had weeks in a row where I haven't lost a thing (5+) but then it comes off pretty good. The closer to goal the harder it is to come off. Drink tons of water and don't eat the same thing all the time. My coach has had me eating less than 50 carbs a day for a long time but now I am adding carbs to 60 or 70 a day and I am losing. I have lost 95 lbs on this diet to date with more to go. Hang in there-you are doing great!
  • paulaquiltgirl
    paulaquiltgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes that can happen. It definitely slows down but it continues and gets a little more variable. As you are getting closer to the "healthy" range of your BMI, I think the weight lose slows. my husband shed 80 pound very quickly and then lost 20 pounds much more slowly. Keep up the good work, as it does work.
  • kgabriele1993
    kgabriele1993 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I switched some things around in my diet (having my "restricted" for breakfast instead of as a dessert) and it seems to be helping. The scale is moving much faster!