Wednesday 12th August

Options
stellaslove
stellaslove Posts: 22 Member
I am actually down 1kg since weigh in last week!!! I definitely have not been eating the best, but I was pretty sure I wasn't eating enough to put on weight, so I'm pleased. I'm definitely an emotional eater, and this week I've been really tired and have not felt very motivated. I'm hoping to step up the exercise as I'm not doing so great at eating as few calories as I should if I want to lose weight faster.

Replies

• Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well done, @stellaslove. I am the same in that I find it difficult to eat less, so I have been ensuring I make it to the gym to burn up additional calories. In fact, that is probably what helped me lose this week. I only lost 0.3kg, but I had a couple of 2500 calorie days before starting this low FODMAP plan I am now following. My daily average was 1900 calories, so without the exercise I surely would have put weight on this week.

I think I am learning that my maintenance calories without additional exercise are probably around 1800 a day. So I am now even more determined to stick to 1500 a day for the next few weeks. With additional exercise I'm hoping this will lead me to a loss of a pound a week. Best wishes to everyone for the upcoming week.
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I ate horribly Sat, Sun, and Monday, and am paying for that in my weight today. Up 1.5 pounds from last week. BUT I got myself back on track yesterday and did my workout and had an 800 calorie deficit...only another couple days like that to make up for the over-eating I did. Not thrilled with myself, but I'm not going to let it stop me.
  • 2selina
    2selina Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Away overnight with no scales. Have been good 5 out of the last 7 days but the couple of days away (including fish and chips and champagne) mean i think I'll maintain weight this week.
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hubby left our scale at our old home, where we are going tomorrow to get the remaining stuff, so I'll weigh tomorrow or Friday and report here then.
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Down about 2.5 lbs this week :)
  • therealsallyjane
    therealsallyjane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Up a pound this week. I was an emotional mess for half the week, but I think I'm in a better place now. I was proud of myself though, because I tracked everything I ate, even though I was way overeating, which I think helped avoid a total binge. I also exercised consistently through it. Here's to a better week!
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No change. That's okay; we've been on the road a lot this week.
  • stellaslove
    stellaslove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lady_Lyrico - how are you finding the FODMAP plan? There's a lot you can't eat, are you finding it ok, or is it a hard change from what you are used to?

therealsallyjane - you are doing so well to keep tracking... i haven't tracked at all this week, i should even when I'm not eating well, it will help me stop and think about it rather than trying to ignore it!

ewoksrule - an 800 calorie deficit is pretty awesome! Hope the rest of your week is going well!

Congrats to everyone else who lost or maintained! I know this weeks weigh in is not going to be good for me, but I'm still here, so hoping this will get me back on track!
  • Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @stellaslove I've just completed my first week on it (FODMAP). It required lots of planning, but actually not too hard to be on so far. The hardest bit is sticking to my planned foods for the day, but I am also trying to stay within 1500 calories.
    I have been posting pics of my meals every day on Instagram, mainly as an inspiration to me as the weeks go on of what I can eat. You can find me at Suzybee_2 if you are interested.