August 2-August 8 goals

Options
freyjac
freyjac Posts: 205 Member
So i have been hit or miss the last couple of weeks. With three teens and one preteen in my home my summer has been extremely busy and stressful, between scout camps( 3 of them), girls camps, summer school, Junior all city band and getting my first ready to leave in 16 days to start her first adventure away from home and at college. I'd like to say things are going as I wish they were but of course they are doing the opposite of my wishes.

This month I am hoping to get back on track and get back into a regular exercise routine. The only thing I can say is my big streak in logging has been the only thing keeping me logging. I don't want to lose it :). SO even though I haven't been making the best choices i have been logging it. Now I need to get back to making better choices.

When i do set goals I usually like to do daily goals but this week my Husband and I are going away for a couple of days to celebrate our birthdays/19th wedding anniversary all of which are a few days apart from each other so I am doing a week set of goals instead.

My Goals this week include
1) drink at least 12 glasses of water everyday and log it. ( i usually only do my food so hopefully this will help me be more conscience of it)
2) get some exercise in at least 5 days this week for 30-40 min each day(i.e. walking,running,swimming,Biking,hiking,kettle bell)
3) get plenty of rest
4)log everything i eat
5) 4-5 fruits/veggie serving everyday

Good luck everyone with you goals this week.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lot of trouble with consistency lately, so that's going to be my goal for the rest of the challenge.

For this week:

1) Focus on more water/less coffee
    2) Get in all my planned workouts
    3) Log perfectly, no matter how small something is (I've been logging really sloppy lately but telling myself I know it, so there's no harm, but I think it's allowing me to go over calories too much and it means I don't really know what my calories SHOULD be)
    4) Stay within my calories for the week
    5) Try to get at least 6 hours of sleep per night (but as always I start the week one down on this)
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Up .3 lbs from last week but at least have things settled back into a good routine and this is still on track with my weekly goals. For my upstairs guest room that I'm trying to get organized and furnished: the mattress/boxsprings have been delivered and bedding/curtains have been purchased. So, looking good. Now to deal with the collection of "stuff" that has collected over the years.

Still working on that upstairs bedroom. So my goals for this week are:
    1. Plan meals and execute plan.
    2. Get all the stuff in the upstairs guest room organized and neat.

Have a great week everyone!
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Got a little two weeks until first race! Eek! Have wasted so much time.... Wasted so much time last week.... Got rained out so many days and did not log at all.. Gained 3 lbs...ow2wkgxd040q.jpeg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    So..
    1.log
    2. Keep under calories
    3. Buy new bike,
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wait, what? Barbhat, is your Tri in Athens, GA?!?! That's where I've lived the past 40 years, now just a bit outside of it in the country. It's a fun community here!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Barbhat13 - Wishing you well with your Triathlon in Athens, GA. I'm just down the road from there in Marietta, GA.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Yep.... Meeting friends from douglasville ga to do my first tri in thirty years.... They were part of the team thirty years ago..... We are going to do an open water swim at lake alltoona ga and ride the silver comet trail.... So excited..
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Getting outside workout had been challenging with the weather... Eating a little better.. Working on speed and have lower pace by three minutes! ovrluou7amfe.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    1n0hn814z7kk.jpeg
    Still getting good open water challenging without one a week... Lake swim will be weird in the upcoming tri when I am used to this.... Check lower left of photo for my arm
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Impressive, barbhat!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Last week I was on vacation at my husband's sons. We ran every day on a really nice trail, doing the C25K,, training. I get home and my weight is up, but that happens to me when I travel. Water weight, and new exercise water weight. I should be back down by the end of the week.

This weeks goals are to:
    1. Get up early to do run.
    2. make sure to drink water and plenty of it.
    3. watch my calories, now that I am home I can control the times we eat.
    4. Get plenty of rest.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    This week
    1. Focus on food.... Changed to different work shift and have gained a little weight.
    2. Workout every day.... Family errands tend to scatter my plans so making mini workout backup plans...
    3. Be faithful about logging...
    4. Buy new bike!!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    This week:

1. Stick to new calorie goal
    2. Complete weekly workouts
    3. Focus on getting at least 6 hours of sleep (I keep saying this; one of these weeks!)
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Here she is! New bike.. So light and fastec6j01irvfau.jpg
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks. My Great Aunt fell and broke her hip and its been crazy with me being the only relative that is near. I am back on the bandwagon!

Goals for this week:
    1) Exercise
    2) Get my 10k steps a day
    3) Stay within my calorie range
    4) Enjoy everyday as if it was my last one

Goals for Today:
    1) smile more
    2) eat more veggies & fruit
    3) exercise - done
    4) 10k steps... working on it

Have a wonderful beautiful day everyone! B)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Beautiful bike!

I love "smile more" as a goal, classysassy4ever70.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    First long bike ride on new bike.... So fast! 16.5 miles burning over 800 calories.Trying to make Friday sunrise group ride part of my life..kovhlltfg96s.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Wow, how early was that?
  • barbhat13
    Options
    We met at 6am...
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Ah, it's a bit lighter here at 6. How fun.