looking for fun friends

Options
HI!! I am new to your group. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am April, I Love to run, kayak, watch NFL football and love to have fun and laugh. I would love to lose 20 pounds. I took a break from MFP for a while and decided to come back. I am tired of getting friend request from 20 year olds so it's nice to find this group. Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Replies

• jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi April. I'm Julie. I also love to run. I love anything outdoors which is hard to find in OKC. I don't watch football (or any sports for that matter) but it's nice to meet you! Welcome.
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Aprilwillrun10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you Julie! I appreciate the nice welcome! My run was so beautiful this morning! The temperature is perfect running weather! Enjoy your day!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi April! I also like to run but don't have as much time to devote to it as I like. I am trying to lose ten pounds- it's coming of very slowly! Nice to meet you :)
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Options
    HI! Thank you so much for the nice welcome. I know what your talking about with time issues. I usually go bright and early. I try to run 4-5 days a week.
  • mdbourns
    mdbourns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey April! I am new here too. I agree , nice to have the age thing in common. Good job on the running. That's not easy to get motivated so early. Where are you from with the weather being so nice? I am in Texas and its miserably hot!! I have about 30lbs to lose . I will be doing my run/walk tonight when it cools down. Nice to meet you!!
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Options
    HI! Thank you mdbourns. I am from Michigan. It's been quite nice lately. I have a couple friends from Texas. They agree with you about the miserable heat. If I was 20-something I would not find 40 or 50 year old friends. But that's just me. :smile: Enjoy your weekend!
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, I aim at losing 20 pounds, so far lost 7 pounds. I hope we will have fun here. =)
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Hey April and other. Welcome to the group. I'm Darin. Like running, cycling, swimming, volleyball, body boarding...generally anything active and outdoors. Sending FR. I still have 40 to loose. In training for a bi-athelon in October.
  • lhappy321
    lhappy321 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi April.. I am also new to this group and looking forward to get re-motivated. While I'm not a runner I do like to get out for a good walk.. I am also from Michigan.. Have a great day!
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! What a nice welcome!!!!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am currently in maintenance and after making major changes between 39-40 and I plan to maintain for ever. Check out my profile and if you think I would be a good asset to your new friends list, feel free to add me.
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Options
    thank you! I did check it out and sent request!
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome April. The flip side of those 20yr old fr. requests is that you are their motivation. Does make you wanna smile heh? :)
  • bailj67
    bailj67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi April. I'm Jamie. I also just got back using MFP. Had a injury last year so I became a nutritional train wreck haha. Looking to lose 24lbs. Please feel free to send me a friend request thanks.
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Options
    aahh, thanks everyone!
  • blong74
    blong74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi April. I'm Betty. I enjoy running, hiking, biking, pretty much anything outdoors. I'm also a Spinning and yoga instructor. Welcome to the group!
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Options
    Hi, Thank you Betty for the request!
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello April! Welcome back to MFP and to the group. If have any questions or need encouragement/push you have come to the right group. I think I have been a member for 3 months and have met pleasant, but encouraging folk here. Feel free to add me if you like. Have a great day!
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Hello April, I am a bit of a sports nut and watch sports as well as participate in them. I run, practice martial arts, lift and cycle. I am from London and will friend you too. Others, here, can friend me too.