I'm getting bored...

Options
JessicaLCHF
JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
I'm getting bored of my standby recipes and menu. What are you guys loving right now? Ideas for something low carb and awesome? Recipe too, Plz.

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try these pizza style this weekend: http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/breakfast-hot-pocket/
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I've had beef tartare twice in the last week. Just raw beef, chopped and mixed with salt, pepper, a little lemon juice and topped with a raw egg yolk. That's probably not something most people here would be into. There are tons of recipes out there that include more than I use.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken zucchini boats. So so so yummy!
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Try Pinterest. I have found loads of great recipes. One of my favorites is a baked chicken breast smothered with a mayo,sour cream, parmesan, and garlic powder layer on top of a piece of swiss/mozzerella cheese. I am also loving using zoodles (noodles made out of zucchini) with spaghetti sauce, and Ina Marten's shrimp salad recipe. Yummy!
  • socalprincess1
    socalprincess1 Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    These popsicles are a staple in our house now...

http://www.ruled.me/raspberry-lemon-popsicles
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm getting excited about colder weather so I can get my slow cooker going. The idea of a meal ready when I get home from work is appealing and it's a good way to use cheaper cuts of meat than I like in summer.

Soups to take to work too for lunch.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    civilizedcavemancooking.com/recipes/pork/crockpot-pulled-pork/

Had that last night and it was delicious. And I'm really loving some chicken recipes too, like parmesan herb and the heroin chicken tenders!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I caught some good deals at Costco this week. I'm really into scallops fried in garlic and butter and marinated lamb loin chops right now. Also asparagus drizzled in olive oil and thrown of the George Forman grill, then finished off with butter and lemon pepper. I want to try Bison and zoodles soon.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Had a craving for surprise shrimp spread the other day. Got a nasty surprise with the carbs in seafood cocktail sauce but next time I will mix a sugar free ketchup and horseradish sauce instead (I hope...will have to check labels 1st). Tasty with celery sticks. Decadent AND crunchy. Taco salad minus the chips hit the spot for supper tonight. Oh and green beans sauteed in bacon is getting eaten alot since the garden is a little abundant .... yum
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Had a craving for surprise shrimp spread the other day. Got a nasty surprise with the carbs in seafood cocktail sauce but next time I will mix a sugar free ketchup and horseradish sauce instead (I hope...will have to check labels 1st). Tasty with celery sticks. Decadent AND crunchy. Taco salad minus the chips hit the spot for supper tonight. Oh and green beans sauteed in bacon is getting eaten alot since the garden is a little abundant .... yum

Yum. I love making a fresh green bean casserole by frying onion and mushrooms in bacon grease and then mixing the green beans with cream, cream cheese, and chicken bouillon. So much better than using all that canned soup and stuff.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil seared shrimp or scallops

The scallops are pricey so I don't have them often. The coconut oil had a faint sweetness when seared with the seafood. Quite yummy and a bit of a change.

I like mouse type treats

A scoop of protein mix in Greek yogurt, stir that up good, then and add sugar free cool whip and slowly mix. It is a great desert and lots of protein for feeding the machine.

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I like mouse type treats

Whaat - are you a cat? Only teasing, just a typo I know
  • KittensMaster
    Options

I like mouse type treats

Whaat - are you a cat? Only teasing, just a typo I know

Spell wreck got me!!

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I do that with green beans, cut up bacon, add a little butter, fry up, add slivered almonds, fry some more, finally toss in the green beans, sautee. I used to do the butter last, but that extra bit of fat in the beginning helps the bacon cook faster. Salt and pepper to taste and serve! I can use french style frozen green beans, but I prefer fresh ones, for sure!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's time for some variety in there. My big thing, recently, is putting hwc and sour cream in any veggies I cook. Turns out awesome and the family thinks I have gone gourmet on them too. Any boredom is of your own rut. Work to vary your foods and twist them up a bit. Pinterest was mentioned already, but is a super valuable resource for recipies. Best of luck to you! I sure hope things turn around for you quickly!!
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    Getting new and different spices helps

I have gone to Penzy's spices online and gotten lots of cool new ones.

• Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I use large portobello mushroom caps, cut off the stem. Cover inside with tomato sauce.( 1/4 cup is 3 carbs) but I only used half that amount. Top with 1/4 cup mozerella cheese, then pepperoni or what ever topping you prefer and bake until the cheese is melted.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks all. I love seeing what ppl are really passionate about. Speaking of which I'm gonna share my new fav. Hotdog pizza supreme!

Butterfly the dogs, and fry them till brown in a skillet. Top with pepperoni slices, cooked sausage, onion, green pepper and lots of mozz cheese. You don't need any sauce. I would also add sliced black olives but we were out. Bake it till everything is hot and melty. My word. I swear it tastes just like a supreme pizza.

Here's my lunch today, sorry I cut up the dogs into bite sized squares afore I thot to take a pic.
    7p2swgu4jllf.jpg
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm I'm hungry now!