Metformin

Options
s_y8s
s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
I'm so excited! I started Metformin and low carb on Wednesday and I've lost 4 pounds! I haven't had any bad side effects either so that's a huge blessing! Any other ladies have success with Metformin?

Replies

• aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for about 6 weeks. I started with 500mg once-a-day for one week, stepped up to 500mg twice a day for one week, then 1000mg Extended-release once-a-day for 4 days, and now am on 1000mg Extended-Release twice a day from here on out.

I'm losing weight a little bit faster than I did pre-Metformin. For me, the best thing is that it has really helped my carb craving, hunger pains, and my energy level. I have the occassional GI issue on & off, but it's normally on my higher-carb days or if I have cluster my carbs all at once (like save them for a dessert).

I wish I had gone it years ago, it's really helping me stick with my preferred way-of-eating.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've been on it since April 27th and low carbing since mid May and I'm down 31 pounds. More than half of which I lost in July. I haven't had any of the bad side effects at all and its regulating my blood sugar perfectly.