Pregnitude

Options
LO1421
LO1421 Posts: 41 Member
Does anyone know much about this product? I take a teaspoon of Inosotil every morning and was wondering it his would replace that?

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    It's just Inositol plus Folic Acid. You're better off taking a Folate supplement (or just eating more eggs and/or other foods with a fair amount of Folate) and continuing the Inositol than spending the money on Pregnitude (which is, in my opinion, way overpriced for what it consists of).
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I tried it with no luck... Didn't regulate my cycles at all... But it did curb my appetite immensely... I was never hungry when I was on it
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ALNoog wrote: »
    I tried it with no luck... Didn't regulate my cycles at all... But it did curb my appetite immensely... I was never hungry when I was on it

Regulating cycles is only one of the things that Inositol does/can do. It's entirely possible that it had other benefits that you were unaware of if your only metric was cycle regulation.

Inositol is part of the B-complex of vitamins (B8, specifically), and like the other B vitamins, it strengthens the connections between the body's communication networks (namely, the neurological system). It gets results because it strengthens and reinforces these networks, allowing the body to communicate with its different parts better. For PCOS, this means that hormones can start regulating, and when you do ovulate, the egg is healthier and of higher quality.

However, it's not magic. If there's still something else going on that's interfering with your cycle regularity, then the Inositol won't be able to overpower that problem and you'll still need to address it.

Also, the pills usually are far less than what the studies showing the effects of Inositol on women with PCOS use. So it's also possible you simply weren't taking enough for it to have that effect.